TheThemeParksGuy

Dreamworld's Poor Maintenance

12 posts in this topic

G'day mates I'm not happy about Dreamworld's maintenance at the moment just look at the rides that have no date Dreamworld Vintage Cars is closed until further notice Reef Diver is closed until further notice The Ogre Go Round is closed until further notice Dreamworld better have Pandamonium & Skadoosh open on Sunday because I'm taking friends there and we won't be happy What do ya think?

You were hanging out for vintage car and merry-go-round action? The title is a bit misleading too, not really poor maintenance when they're closed for maintenance.

I'm not I'm saying tourist won't be happy when they see these rides closed i don't give two craps on Reef Diver

Seems like a lot at once and to be honest if I were a family with young kids I'd be annoyed. Not having an end date is not usually a sign of normal planned maintenance. It's weird it seems in the past 12 months, movie worlds maintenance has gotten heaps better but Dreamworld has done the opposite.

I'm with Rappa - unplanned issues during maintenance the likely explanation - not much they can do about that, and the terms and conditions do state that ride operations are subject to change without notice... I agree that if these are the only rides out of action, you're in for a good day - only question I have is with the carousel - for that to have an issue that takes it down until further notice after the installation less than a year ago - it's a concern.

With the vintage cars, the whole area where the attraction is usually prone to flooding, so with all the recent rain I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor to its downtime.

During our visit to DW this time last year, I did notice more areas than I'd like appearing in need of maintenance, many areas looking "dated" or worn. Overall I recall it wasn't a huge issue, but something notable for a theme park charging such modern-day high entry prices.

Re: Certain attractions "closed for maintenance"

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Attractions/Maintenance/

Whilst I dislike significant attractions closed during times we plan to visit, I accept that it's sometimes necessary and at least they do advise well in advance via the webpage above which is good.

During our visit to DW this time last year, I did notice more areas than I'd like appearing in need of maintenance, many areas looking "dated" or worn. Overall I recall it wasn't a huge issue, but something notable for a theme park charging such modern-day high entry prices. Re: Certain attractions "closed for maintenance" http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Attractions/Maintenance/ Whilst I dislike significant attractions closed during times we plan to visit, I accept that it's sometimes necessary and at least they do advise well in advance via the webpage above which is good.

which areas where these? have you been back recently to see if this work is still required, or if it has now been done??