Dreamworld Ride Opening Hours

Gary86

A word of warning for anyone planning a trip to Dreamworld on weekdays. Certain rides no longer operate all day. Entry price remains the same. After 4pm it's vomet time when Dreamworld decide to close the Thunder River Rapids and Log Ride only leaving the thrill rides open. By the way the water in Thunder River Rapids looked quite filthy when the rapids are turned off. http://www.dreamworl...ation-Hours.pdf I persume this is only during off peak times and not during school holidays. There was not many people there so queue times were short. There was only 2 people in line for Cyclone and other rides I went straight on! It did get quite boring after 4pm when the rapid ride closed :( Movie World and Sea World operate there rides all day. Another thing that puts Dreamworld behind the competition...

Edited by Gary86

This is what happens when a bank own a themepark. Don't forget to add to this - The following rides and attractions will be closed for scheduled maintenance: Dreamworld

• [*]Vintage Cars is closed until further notice [*]Reef Diver is closed until further notice [*]The Ogre Go Round is closed until further notice
    • [*]Super Tubes Hydro Coaster is closed until further notice

I'm sorry but that's a piss poor operating procedure. I understand parks open some things later in the morning, and a water park alternating slides every hour. But closing rides at 4 is just a bullshit cost cutting exercise at the expense of the guest experience.

Even Dreamworld ignores Motocoaster. I am going to be at dreamworld in 2 weeks, what should my plan be if I get there at 10am? Buzzsaw > TOT2 > Motocoaster > Giant Drop (hopefully it will be open by then)? EDIT: Does anyone know when the Super Tubes Hydro Coaster is supposed to re-open? I was really looking forward to trying this for the first time.

Edited by zankara

It is worked out on the rides Dreamworld has decided to open/close early/late. The rides that will be affected operated 84 hours a day combined before Dreamworld made the changes. The new operating hours is now 58 hours combined per day. This is a reduction of 30.9% per day in operation for the rides mentioned.

Edited by skeetafly

They were stopped being owned by a bank when Ardent Leisure split from Macquarie. It doesn't mean things like aforementioned cutting of hours to save costs don't happen. It will happen any time a company is run with shareholders in mind. I do know if I was a shareholder I would be getting kind of pissed off at what is happening, especially with what the major competition are reporting for their parks.

They were stopped being owned by a bank when Ardent Leisure split from Macquarie. It doesn't mean things like aforementioned cutting of hours to save costs don't happen. It will happen any time a company is run with shareholders in mind. I do know if I was a shareholder I would be getting kind of pissed off at what is happening, especially with what the major competition are reporting for their parks.

To me it was more of a restructure of the company. Edited by skeetafly

In my view they should just increase the price of annual passes so that they don't need to cut costs in this way. I would not be happy to see any rides closing before the advertised park closing time. In fact I'd like it if they went a step further and had the parks open 11am to 6pm or even 7pm. That would give a lot more people the chance to have a quick visit to a park after work. The above times refer to weekdays of course. Weekends I think should probably still be 10-5 and school holidays should be something like 10am to 7pm (with ALL rides open).

If I remember correctly we did poo on them too.

We did. But the sad thing is that Dreamworld would have to have noticed the negative impact on the guest experience when MW/SW initiated these similar cost cutting measures and YET they are still dumb enough to try the same unpopular actions in their own park. More fool them. This is really bad management and proves that Dreamworld are more interested in cost cutting exercise than on being customer focused.....its a rediculous strategy that will garner a groundswell of negative reactions. Look at what the impact was on SW/MW before they quietly decided to revert back to normal operations.