Dreamworld Ride Opening Hours

Gary86

that these early closures are not permanent and just while they do maintenance and tlc to these areas.

Then why don't they just state this in their website, the public would be much more understanding then as to why rides are closing early, to better their overall experience for the future.... but that would mean using logic. Edited by Original

Then why don't they just state this in their website, the public would be much more understanding then as to why rides are closing early, to better their overall experience for the future.... but that would mean using logic.

Well the thing is, Marketing doesn't advertise much on closures as they would lose money if people saw it and won't end up going to the parks, so they would wait till they turn up. It's basically stupid but that's how Aussie World did it. If they have a event on and needed to close early or close a ride for other reasons, they would advise at the entry but not via 'Social Media' so they won't lose a lot of customers. But they sure do get a few complaints. :P But that's how they work really. Trying to be greedy and get the Guest Services to handle it. But hey it's how they roll. Edited by Randy23

We may be getting the Train and Vintage Cars closure confused with the later openings and early closures of the rides. The train as far as I am aware is down during the week so they can bring the track upto scratch for the new locomotive. I highly doubt (but am prepared to be corrected) that they would start any maintenance on the major rides at the end of a day.

I saw this message from Belinda Brown on Facebook "The Train and Vintage Cars are both currently closed on Weekdays" Speaking of the vintage cars silly Dreamworld has an old photo on the website. They didn't rebuild the barn did they? http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Rides/Family-Rides/?tileid=633940722911814680

Randy23, on 14 May 2013 - 10:36 AM, said: Well the thing is, Marketing doesn't advertise much on closures as they would lose money if people saw it and won't end up going to the parks, so they would wait till they turn up. It's basically stupid but that's how Aussie World did it. If they have a event on and needed to close early or close a ride for other reasons, they would advise at the entry but not via 'Social Media' so they won't lose a lot of customers. But they sure do get a few complaints. :P But that's how they work really. Trying to be greedy and get the Guest Services to handle it. But hey it's how they roll.

It's not limited to Dreamworld and Aussie world. On my recent Disneyland trip, our first day (a Tuesday) they closed Fantasyland (and the castle) at 4:30pm, due to a wedding. They had their usual 'some attractions in fantasyland will close early today' signs, but the assumption was that it was for fireworks (ie: around 7pm). We later discovered fireworks weren't on that day (only fri-sun) but there wasn't even signage at the gate announcing the early closure. We'd planned on doing fantasyland in the late afternoon early evening - and couldn't. Had we known, we'd have done it first!

went there about a week ago i checked on their website to see if any rides were under maintenance it didn't say any were. got up to the front gate and buzzsaw is out of commission, ok really disappointed about that it's pretty much the only reason i went that day but whatever. continue walking around the park and shockwave and wipeout both not working either. ok this is ridiculous where was the maintenance notices about these rides no where to be found!!

i only got to go on claw, pandamonium and tot what a waste of $ i'll stick to movie world etc from now on :angry2:

Well the thing is, Marketing doesn't advertise much on closures as they would lose money if people saw it and won't end up going to the parks, so they would wait till they turn up. It's basically stupid but that's how Aussie World did it. If they have a event on and needed to close early or close a ride for other reasons, they would advise at the entry but not via 'Social Media' so they won't lose a lot of customers. But they sure do get a few complaints. :P But that's how they work really. Trying to be greedy and get the Guest Services to handle it. But hey it's how they roll.

But essentially what they're doing is maintenance to the ride, improving guest experience. When ToT went down for its overhaul should they not have advised it because it would mean guests would not come and wait till it was down, or GD shouldn't advise when it goes down for maintenance and its refresh because again guests wouldn't come. If the parks is overhauling these rides, like the train preparing the track for the new locomotive, than that in my eyes is maintenance, and should be posted with some idea of when it will be done (unlike now), and explain its getting an overhaul for continued guest experience, not just closed weekdays with no end date.

went there about a week ago i checked on their website to see if any rides were under maintenance it didn't say any were. got up to the front gate and buzzsaw is out of commission, ok really disappointed about that it's pretty much the only reason i went that day but whatever. continue walking around the park and shockwave and wipeout both not working either. ok this is ridiculous where was the maintenance notices about these rides no where to be found!!

i only got to go on claw, pandamonium and tot what a waste of $ i'll stick to movie world etc from now on :angry2:

Buzzsaw has been on the website for maintenance for at least 2 - 3 weeks... As far as WipeOut and Shockwave goes, rides can have unexpected faults that happen causing a temporary closure (sometimes it may not reopen for the whole day) and they may not get the time to reprint the page straight away... these things happen.

Buzzsaw has been on the website for maintenance for at least 2 - 3 weeks... As far as WipeOut and Shockwave goes, rides can have unexpected faults that happen causing a temporary closure (sometimes it may not reopen for the whole day) and they may not get the time to reprint the page straight away... these things happen.

But even so they should at least follow common courtesy and have what rides and attractions are closed for the day at the front gates. This then at least informs the public before they enter the park that a ride is down for unscheduled maintenance, regardless of whether there has been time for the website to be updated.

the display signs at the front of the park are set first thing in the morning. If anything goes down in final testing (as in - the few minutes before they open the gates) or if it goes down early morning or even lunchtime - they won't update the signs... the only things that appear on those boards are the rides that they know won't open at all that day because it was intended that way.

I was more thinking of the rides that would go down the day before and would require closure for the next day or so. In these instances the website may be slow in updating which rides are down for unscheduled maintenance so at least the signs can be posted. Still if a ride is deemed not fit to open for the day, it would only require a phone call from maintenance to guest services so at least the sign could be put up for part of the day or at least in readiness for the next day.

I take that on board - if it went down the day before, it should certainly be displayed at front gate - however, if they anticipate bringing something up that day, and it doesn't happen, they don't throw their hands in the air and decide it's not going to open... they keep trying. they aren't going to tell guest services to put a sign up because they're trying their damndest to get it online in time...

I'm fed up with Ardent. And ironically my last trip to Dreamworld was pretty good(all rides were on, everything was fine). But I'm sick of the Park not getting the cash it needs to be totally overhauled.... To at least have a plan to do something to Eureka(maybe within a few years) a plan for a wooden coaster(or any fair coaster that's not a damn motocoaster), and a plan to restore rides like Wipeout to their original "splendor"(why not put the pool of water back in!), It's running like an early 90s Car that's barely able to get the engine started, because the owners are too stingy to go to the mechanic and get everything fixed, or upgrade to a newer car. I hope they sell it to someone who will give it a good ole restoration and buy new parts(rides) for it!

• 1 year later...

I noticed the ride opening times have changed. These hours are only on weekdays. On weekends and school holidays all rides are open 10am to 5pm (except for Vintage Cars see below). Any rides not listed operate 10 - 5.

Big Red Boat - 10am - 3.30pm

Big Red Car - 10am - 3.30pm

Cyclone - 11am - 5pm

Giant Drop - 11am - 4pm

Log Ride - 11am - 4pm

Motocoaster - 11.30am - 5pm

Shockwave - 11am - 5pm

Tea Cups - 10am - 3.30pm

The Fun Spot (Wiggles World) - 10am - 3.30pm

Thunder River Rapids - 12pm - 4pm

Vintage Cars - CLOSED Weekdays (11am-4pm weekends)

Wipeout - 11am - 5pm

I really don't like the hours for the Thunder River Rapids. You would think that one of the most popular rides would be open all day. Kids rides seem to be open all day. The only thrill ride that closes early is Giant Drop. They obviously don't care about Vintage Cars, with the amount of time they are closed they should just get rid of them, it's not like anyone will notice... (I actually like Vintage Cars but they were destroyed when they got relocated - I miss them in Rivertown, now "Rivertown" is so ugly...)

Edited by Gary86

Gary, I beg to differ on vintage cars. People would notice, the attraction is still a family favourite among many, just like the steam locomotives are still missed by many 1 year on. I fear the vintage cars are on their last legs. Cars can be seen to have been salvaged for parts out back, and the condition of the engines on the track is dwindling. Yes they aren't as good in their new position, but they are still a decent family attraction and it would be a shame to see them go.

• 2 weeks later...

I was down at Dreamworld today and the Log Ride closed at 5pm, with the Rapid Ride still closing at 4. I'm not sure but the Giant Drop may have also traded till 5. I spoke to a staff member on the Log Ride wondering why it was still open and she said it closed at 5 and is against Dreamworld closing rides early - all rides should open 10-5. No changes to the website so maybe I was lucky. I spent most of the afternoon at WWW and got in to DW at about 5min to 4 and raced to the Rapid Ride and got 1 ride. We posed for a photo but by the time we got to the shop guess what - it was closed!

In other news Cyclone is back from maintenance but when I went to ride it - it broke, and needed slight repairs and a test run. When I went back later it was fixed but there wasn't enough people to ride it (need 10 minimal). I had an overshoot on the Tower of Terror for the first time - that was fun :)

Rode Vintage Cars on Saturday - closed on weekdays (herd other guests wanted to ride them but Dreamwold cannot be bothered opening them on a week day. Still a good ride but needs theming.

Edited by Gary86

bovid?

I think it's pretty crummy not running the ride without at least 10 people. You've paid your money to enter and you want to ride... cost cutting crap.

And don't anyone suggest it's a weight thing - because you could have ten 12 year olds thin as rakes....

....wait... bovid = bothered?

bovid?

I think it's pretty crummy not running the ride without at least 10 people. You've paid your money to enter and you want to ride... cost cutting crap.

And don't anyone suggest it's a weight thing - because you could have ten 12 year olds thin as rakes....

....wait... bovid = bothered?

Yes bothered - I fixed my spelling error. When I went back to Cyclone there was no one in the line so as I was leaving a few more people came so I went back (total of 4 people) - no idea why they needed at least 10, possibly a weight problem (sorry), same as why some of the slides at WWW require at least 2 people.

Edited by Gary86

I don't know if it is the real reason or not, but that is the excuse I've heard from staff before.

Maybe the 10 people factors in lighter people as doesn't the ride only have 4 or 6 water dummies?