Adventure World

Fun things they are, I had the pleasure of riding the one at Alton Towers when I was there, although not seeing those corners coming up can be a bit... harsh :) Wouldn't mind going to Adventure World, the park looks like its got a pretty good flat ride collection and I wouldn't mind riding Turbo Mountain. I've put it on the 2 -3 years list :)

Does anyone know of any new ride at adventureworld? I was quickly looking at the park map to see if they had added the location of Kids cove - and whilst doing so - saw, on the other side of the park map - located in an empty area a banner which said "future ride location" (the banner was quite small - so it may have been there for some time and i missed it) I havent been paying much attention to Adventure world - so - this information may either be old - or not really news worthy at this stage....

Hi, I'm from Perth and have been going to Adventure World for years now. The park is quite old and nothing much had been done to it until about 2 years ago when they introduced 2 major thrill rides in 2 years (the Rampage, which is very similar to the Wipeout at Dreamworld, and the PowerSurge), and the addition of a new kids section 'Kids Cove' in the 2003-2004 season, including a new childrens rollercoaster. Other rides include Turbo Mountin which is a rather pathetic excuse for a thrill rollercoaster. I believe it is a second hand ride which came from one of the Luna Parks in the 1980s. Bounty's Revenge is a simple swinging boat ride. The park has a good water park with 4 or 5 decent waterslides (mats, tubes, double tubes), speed slides, and a massive pool. Other less exciting attractions include the paddle boats, motor boats and go-karts. The 'future ride location' that muke was referring to is the former site of a toboggan ride which went down a grassy hill on concrete tracks. The ride was basically not looked after and I guess they decided to close it this season. I'm not sure if it could be used to house a new ride as it is on a large sloping hill and is rather narrow. There are other sites in the park that would better suit a new ride. This season, the park has been running 'Adults Only Pool Parties' which basically run on a Saturday night every month or so. They bring in about 20 hot spas, nightclub lighting, DJs and live bands and bar facilities and the main grassed area becomes an outdoor nightclub. The major rides are also open which can be fun when you've had too much to drink! This has proved extremely popular with the public and I expect these and other events will be held in the future. After visiting all the Gold Coast parks recently it makes you realise that Adventure World isn't that great.....however the recent thrill ride additions give us Perth folk a bit of hope for the future. At least the operators are giving it a go rather than scrapping it like a certain Sydney park...