Discussion: B&M Batman The Ride clone for Dreamworld

Linus1995

Have been thinking and researching a little about Batman clones (for any of you who don't know what I am talking about read: http://en.wikipedia....atman:_The_Ride) and although I know Dreamworlds recent actions have indicated that they are not interested in being a market leader I am always one for thoughtful discussion of what could be or would be a good move. Before anyone comments that this is stupid and unrealistic because Dreamworld does not want to spend any substantial amount of money on any one rollercoaster, I completely understand that! Just thought I'd put an idea out there for some discussion. From what I've found Batman clones cost around about $7-$10 million, so in Australia I would assume between $12-$20 million, not sure about the exact cost because of inflation and other variables, but I assume it will be cheaper than any other B&M as it is a 'mass produced' ride. Sort of like Vekoma SLC's (Arkham). Buzzsaw was around $7-$8 million, and it is already boring. The ride has absolutely no lasting value. Even to the GP I believe. Yeah sure it is a great advertising gimmick, but to me personally, after once or twice it has no re-ride value. It is not something that makes me want to RETURN to Dreamworld. Really, nothing does. Everything is aged, and has lost the re-ride value (other than the Giant Drop and TOT, both from before 2000). My point being, Buzzsaw will not be beneficial to Dreamworld in the long run. It will not bring in any return customers (or very few) where as Superman Escape is something that enthusiasts and the GP return to MovieWorld for consistently. Because it has an excellent re-ride and return value (much goes the same for Scooby). Now while Buzzsaw was cheap and a great little gimmick, it is definitely not a lasting investment as it will, and is, getting boring fast. Instead of Buzzsaw, or hopefully still (unlikely), I believe Dreamworld could have bought a Batman clone. Of course it would mean spending around twice as much money, but with a Batman Clone you have very little maintenance worries (proven to be reliable), an unbelievable coaster experience (everyone will like it more than Arkham, one upping MW), a marketing gimmick in that it is a suspended coaster, and because of the quality of the coaster there will be PLENTY of re-ride value meaning return customers. It will be a staple of the park for years to come, and it will be talked about for a long time. It won't be boring or forgotten, unlike Buzzsaw... Anyway, that's my take on why I believe it would be worthwhile for DW to invest in a Batman clone. Yes it's not realistic given DW's recent spending, but I think it would certainly be a worthwhile investment. Call me an idiot or tell me it's a good idea, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

In this rcdb datas : http://rcdb.com/1365.htm It's about the one in Parque Warner Madrid which opened in 2002 and is not a relocation, they said it was about 6 millions €, which is between 7 and 10 millions of $. There is no source on this link, depends if you trust rcdb or not.

Well if a B&M invert is too similar in marketability terms because of Arkham, then in theory an Intamin is out of the picture too... Although I am certain that if Dreamworld bought a Mega-Lite it would be an awesome move, even if there are comparisons to Superman Escape. I just think that Arkham is known for being rough as F****, even though they have new trains most of the GP doesn't realize and will still think it's rough because of the horrid transitions, so then when the GP go on a B&M invert which is much more forceful (from my experience) and smoother, they'll be like yeah that kicks ass compared to Arkham! I understand what everyone is saying about the similarities, but the parks can't keep building different coasters to each other forever. Why not build something similar that kicks ass, and one ups MW?

Because a] they already have an inverted coaster and b] you don't spend mega bucks on a coaster that's visually similar to one down the street when there's plenty of other types around. And to twist your logic, if the "GP" thinks AA is rough, then wouldn't they be adverse to riding the same thing (to a non-enthusiast) at Dreamworld?

Edited by westical

Although I am certain that if Dreamworld bought a Mega-Lite it would be an awesome move, even if there are comparisons to Superman Escape.

They should just get the Mack version like Etnaland has, where it has a barrel roll. That automatically makes it different in the eyes of the public. etnaland-the-storm-layout-02-low.jpg Edited by Gazza

As great as Batman clones are, Australia does not need yet another cloned ride. Though I suppose the GP wouldn't know any different.

I disagree, if getting a clone means a kick ass ride can come to Australia for cheaper then I'm all for it. We're isolated enough that it really doesn't matter if we get a cloned ride. Give me a rock n roller coaster any day over an original Invert coaster for example.

They should just get the Mack version like Etnaland has, where it has a barrel roll. That automatically makes it different in the eyes of the public.

Looks awesome... Didn't even know Mack were making Mega-Lite type coasters. I'm assuming that cost a fair bit though... If only we could have one of those here, and yeah I agree definitely would differentiate itself from anything else in Australia.