New Scenic Railway Opens

rappa

Somehow I kind of lost track of this amazing construction effort but the new Scenic Railway at Scenic World opened today. http://www.scenicworld.com.au/experience/scenic-railway/ Looks like what IMO is the scariest thrill ride in Australia has retained a lot of what made it scary in the past. I certainly will miss the ridiculous completely open front of the train from the front row but other than that it looks like the engineering team at SW has managed to hit the perfect balance between modern standards and nostalgia. I certainly look forward to getting down and riding it when I get the chance. Congrats Scenic World

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woah... Some guy on YouTube just told me they're going to give Orphan another shot in the next 5 years??? I'll look into who he is and why he said it... http://youtube.com/watch?v=q-3pwvZWpUE Probably nothing, but I guess I should find out why he said that... Seemed a little pissed I blamed the council. Edit: Just looking at the other vids of the guy, seems like he could be involved at the place? It's all nature stuff... The Park's Ranger or animal expert??? Years with no news then some dude on YouTube responds to me saying it's their next major project amd seems like he knows his shit? Perhaps the real problem was the old ride-train and a modern coaster train(Kumbaks?) with a track refurbishment could see it finally open up? weird... This just came right out of the blue.

Edited by djrappa

How about you identify who this person is on youtube. Many of us are familiar with the goings on at scenic world, and we have from time to time had some of the family members that own the park on these boards. I'm sure if you were to actually point out this 'ranger' we'd be able to confirm it pretty much straight away...

How about you identify who this person is on youtube. Many of us are familiar with the goings on at scenic world, and we have from time to time had some of the family members that own the park on these boards. I'm sure if you were to actually point out this 'ranger' we'd be able to confirm it pretty much straight away...

The youtube link(removed the www so it doesn't do that auto code shit, but it appears to have done it now dammit) is in the first post on it by me... Go look there. No response yet... Nothing more to discuss till he responds. Edited by colliric_855

I saw no reason why not the have the video embedded so members didn't have to go look for it.

LOL... Didn't put it there for that reason though! Also "I work there" is the guy's response. So we've established that. Doesn't appear to be "a grunt" to me. Can someone else do the honors so it doesn't look like im interrogating him?? Edited by colliric_855