Water Park for Perth

keadz

We are well aware of both the location of Cockburn and how to pronounce it. Stop taking the fun out of it.

Insert your funny \ silly \ double entendre place names here: ( @Gazza i'm looking at you)

I'll start:

• Cockburn
  • Bastardstown
  • Big Butt Mountain
  • Carpenis River
  • Port Circumcision
  • Dick's Knob

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

We are well aware of both the location of Cockburn and how to pronounce it. Stop taking the fun out of it.

Insert your funny \ silly \ double entendre place names here: ( @Gazza i'm looking at you)

I'll start:

• Cockburn
  • Bastardstown
  • Big Butt Mountain
  • Carpenis River
  • Port Circumcision
  • Dick's Knob

Iron Knob

Yorkeys Knob

Kissing

Wedding

Fucking

Cumming

^ All real places. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 08/12/2015 at 10:29 PM, iwerks said:

Xscape at the City had its media day, today.  There has been lots of local coverage.  The pop up park features the world's tallest inflatable water slide.

http://www.xscapeatthecity.com.au/

Actually got to this place last month, although its name changed to Splash City for its second season.  Went there on its last day, and the place was packed.  It's located in part of the parking lot for Belmont Raceway.  All of the bitumen has been covered by astroturf or plastic mesh, which isn't too harsh on the feet.  The food was reasonable, although there was about a ten minute wait.  There were plenty of tables under cover, so you didn't get too burnt.

It was very much a family and/or tweener crowd as the only ride for adults and big kids were the taller slides.  There was also an inflatable maze, obstacle course, kids playground and main pool.  The seven storey slides are scary because the whole tower wobbles in the breeze.  The ride down is fast (50kph), but over in seconds, and is not too much of a bother.  The three storey slide was probably more fun, because you had to climb up the ladder at the back too.  

There is a great view of Burswood from the park, especially of the new stadium.  I'm sure Splash City will be on again next season.  It would be nice if they made some of the rides a little more permanent.   

IMG_8586.JPG

IMG_8605.JPG

IMG_8591.JPG

IMG_8607b.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8618.JPG

IMG_8601.JPG

IMG_8597.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to pick up cheap tickets to Kalamunda Water Park on Scoopon and finally had time to head up into the hills to check it out. Yeah, this place used to be known as Wet N Wild Kalamunda back in its heyday. The only two slides left are mat ones. They are quite long, probably longer than AW's Tunnel of Terror. They are patched up, but one of them is pitch black in places. They also have piped in music.

The park is quite picturesque and very old school. They have lockers at $2 a day with a $5 deposit. Signs that say 'don't bite the mats'. There were a bunch of ducks roaming around and I even spied a Bandicoot. The staff were very friendly and relaxed. Kalamunda is miles from the coast, so it's a good place for people in the hills to cool down. Apparently, it was the last weekend for the slides for the season.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Wow, had a great time at Cockburn ARC this afternoon.  It seems a strange time to be visiting waterslides on the coldest day in May in 5 years, but since it's indoors and heated, it didn't really matter.

Cockburn ARC is the new home to the Freo Dockers and this was their discover weekend, a $7 fee covered entry to the slides and pools for a limited amount of time.  I had tickets for the 1-2.15pm session.  Arriving about twenty minutes early there was already a line to get in. Just a few minutes to 1pm they opened the doors and everyone started to go in.  There were plenty of entertainers to keep the crowds happy.

The centre staff were great, although there are a few kinks to work out.  They held the queue at the bottom of the stairs, but as you quickly found out, this was just for the popular tube slide (The Tumbler).  Very few people were lining up for the drop slide, The Rocket, so naturally I ended up going on it twice.  The plunge was exhilarating, and the ride was quickly over.  The Pipeline is an 'extreme speed' slide that is more like your regular mat slides.  It's a pretty good length and has some cool light effects.    Didn't get a chance to go on the Tumbler, but I look forward to that next time.  The food also seems to be pretty reasonable there too. Can't wait to go back, plus it's only about five minutes away from Adventure World.

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsPerth/videos/10154691316049072/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

https://www.facebook.com/Buggybuddys/videos/vb.218558634845242/1503465423021217/?type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Buggybuddys/videos/vb.218558634845242/1503465283021231/?type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Buggybuddys/videos/vb.218558634845242/1503465243021235/?type=2&theater

waterslidegallery5.jpg

Edited by iwerks

I love that so many aquatic centres are adding state-of-the-art waterslides to their facilities. Although, it is something that seems to be missing in Sydney. I imagine it also gives the larger waterparks a run for their money, considering the fact they are council-run and therefore heavily subsidised. As a kid I used to love visiting the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, even though they only had one small waterslide (but it was a fun one!). I'd ride that thing over and over. Kids these days are absolutely spoiled with offerings like this!