LPS - Opening Date

I think you will find that due to a financial situation the park may open later than expected, closer to the middle/end of April. The financial situation I am referring to is in relation to some bills not being paid, and a certain group of workers walking off the job until the bill is paid. I’m not sure what the situation is at the moment so they might be back on track, but from what I’ve heard they are approximately 2 weeks behind schedule. "The Bus is now leaving for Doughboy Opening, Tasmania"

Well I've spoken to the girl on the phone so has my mum and she told me that it will intrest me alot, if i like theme parks and rides, alot more interactive type of work experience than other attractions have offered. We will see how it goes, it's only a 4 day period. Most people at school are just going to shops, and car places etc.... At least i will have that nice harbour view and smell all day in the sun......

Work Experience programs are generally run in both Years 9 and 10. Work Placement programs also exist in senior years, but usually in conjunction with TAFE courses or similar. I'm sure you'll most likely enjoy it. I presume they'll have a better program in place than Wonderland did, if you could even say they had such.

I'm sure you'll most likely enjoy it.  I presume they'll have a better program in place than Wonderland did, if you could even say they had such.
What sort of stuff did the people do at WL, did you get to push any buttons on the ride (I remember being at SW once and the guy let me pull the levers on the tobbogan slide to release the riders down) or is it just a sit and watch affair or pointless jobs like lining bins, watering plants etc.

Students at Wonderland stood around at games, stood around at the shows or sat around in the office. Most likely not the fun stuff they had planned on before they registered. There is no way in hell you'd press any buttons. The operator at Sea World would no doubt not still be there if someone found out what he let you do without the appropriate training. Imagine if someone was injured or worse during that cycle or ride, and it came out that he had let you press buttons or leavers or whatever. Lawsuit city! I'm not saying it's your fault for agreeing to press buttons, most people would, but the operator would be reefed up the arse and I'd throw the bastard in gaol if I was a judge in that Coronial Inquiry.