New Ideas For Gold Coast Parks

the12thworld

I was wondering what some great ideas would be for the GC Parks. White Water World should have some more body slides on the towers, Dreamworld must get rid of that mine ride and replace it with a dark ride to do with gold rush area, Movieworld finally re-theme the old lethal weapon china town entrance, Sea world should make the Vikings Revenge Ride a bit longer if they can and Wet 'N Wild should get rid of fast track and put a ride where the beach volleyball sandy area is currently. Well those are my ideas. Any others?

From Sea World Maintenance Page "Viking's Revenge Flume will be closed for maintenance from 13th May until 26th May 2013 inclusive and 7th Oct until 27th Oct 2013 inclusive." Since it's closed for most of October mayby they will make it longer in October after the new coaster has been built. It's possible that they made it shorter to get it out of the construction site, after the new ride is built they can then expand the Vikings Revenge.

I highly doubt they would make the track longer for the vikings ride after just shortening it. They would have already known the layout and footprint of the water coaster before shortening the vikings ride and obviously made the new track to fit into that space, it's probably only closing for so long while they do most of the construction on the water coaster, I would rather see appropriate theming added to the ride, rather then making it longer.

It's possable that they are working on a longer version of Vikings while they are building the new water coaster and that Vikings will go underneath. For other parks Dreamworld need to repair,retheme and reopen the Mine Ride, add a decent rollercoaster, new shows, fix paddle steamer. Movieworld and Seaworld need to improve the locker hire system.

Wet & Wild should definitely do something better with lockers. $10 to hire a locker is absolutely ridiculous! Also at the moment you have to go into the shop near the entrance to hire a locker, and I had to wait quite some time on a few recent occasions because the staff were busy serving customers who were buying photos and were taking ages to find and decide on which photos. Why not have a machine near the locker areas where you can pay, and make it a nominal amount or even a refundable deposit. Any shortfall could be made up for by increasing the price of VIP passes.

I also feel lockers are a fair idea. All rides at WnW and two at Movie world do not allow loose items and don't have storage bays, therefore paying $10 (or a $2 hour locker) is a great price to secure your $800 iPhone or keys to your $20k+ car. Also - to pushbutton, I'm pretty sure they have a coin operated locker section to avoid going into the shop. I would like to see Movie World follow through with that Retail/Shopping area idea they have for in front of the carpark.. I know it's not a new idea but it has alot of potential (looking at Universals Citywalk).

Jet Rescue at Sea World also requires you to hire a locker and I'm sure the new water coaster opening in September will also require locker hire. The current system is just not convienent. I don't mind if they changed it to a system like Wet n Wild where you get a wistband to open your locker and paying $10 for a day. It's much better than having to pay $2 for 1 hour hire every time you want to go on one of WVTP's great coasters. If they fix this syetem they will be the #1 Gold Coast themepark. The only good thing about Dreamworld is that I can ride all rides without need to hire a locker.

Well my thoughts on the lockers are .................... Na only joking. Back on topic, I would like to see something done in the area that leeds into the old Leathal Weapon area (yes I know it's not called that anymore) as you walk through Chinatown and there's a fairly large area that use to have the old line up areas for LW and a couple of cars parked there. I know it's been re painted, but from what I understand it's still an empty space. I haven't been there for 14 months. It's not big enough for a ride, so maybe a building that holds a walk thru type attraction??? Maybe an undercover area where they can put old movie props in so people could get up and close with them??? Maybe a building to house more $10 lockers!!!!! ooops, sorry. Couldn't resist that one. Seriously though, it seem a fairly large waste of space that could absorb more people during the peak periods. Any thoughts???