Sea World Monorails

pushbutton

Just a quick question for anyone who might know. How many monorails are there at Sea World? I am sure there was 2 when I went in January but could only see one when I went a week or so ago. Also, I am fairly sure there was 3 a couple of years ago. Have they somehow lost one (or more) of them? If so does anyone know the story. I am pretty certain a few years ago there were usually 2 on the track, and one on the spare section of track that sits underneath the main track near the waterpark area.

As has been said, there are 3 trains on site, but one has been canabilised for parts. There's two obvious things about the monorail: it's an important ride for the park. It used to be considered more important to have two trains running than it was to have all the kids rides open, and I agree with that assesmet. Not only is the monorail important for transportation around the park but for the resort as well. I'd wager that if the Monorail were to go there'd be a measureable decrease in occupancy rates at the resort. The other thing though is it's nearly 30 years old. When the park did have 3 trains at least one was always in a state of rebuilding, with new electronics, new parts and just a general fit out, with 3 only ever being available for the Xmas holidays. Now it's down to running one on any given day, and that one train runs significantly slower than they used too. How much of it is a maintenance issue and how much is not wanting to pay a second driver is up for debate. No matter how you slice it though, it's an old system, and in need of a major overhaul. I think given how important a ride it is, that they should give Intamin or Roland Busink a call and prepare to spend a bunch of cash on new trains. With Air conditioning. I reckon they probably could advertise new trains to reasonably well affect, but overall it's just something that needs to happen eventually. And while I'm thinking about it, am I the only one thinking it's really time for those Nickelodeon wraps to go?

The only use one now (On the track), Because if they have 2 on the track it short circuits the power. So they cut it down and they use the other one as a spare.

Well I guess this is the reason why last summer they were running. 2 trains then..... I do agree with Joz, it is time for a monorail update with new trains. The fact the drivers have a portable fan to keep the, cool, and they go just faster than walking pace kinda shows this

As has been confirmed, there are two working monorails with a third held for parts. as the parts unit isn't needed on the track, it's been taken out of the station house, and it currently resides behind the dolphin and seal enclosures behind Sea Viper (We got zipped down the back service road for our ride on Viper the day of our wedding)... they also have a few bermuda boats back there too.