Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

I'm guessing this is a major 12 million dollar rollercoaster? No name yet, but the site says "The Secret" so lets use that for now till the real name comes out. I'm officially going to Perth to finally visit Adventure World... Seems to be "catching up" to Dreamworld alot. Construction has apparently begun, or at least the parts have started arriving apparently. They're promising construction pics in a few days on their Facebook. Anyone live in WA could swing past and take a good look? P.S. I promise no silly "rumors" this time!

Edited by colliric_855

(Please provide links in the post so people not familiar to the park such as myself have a bit of an idea what you're talking about) http://adventureworld.net.au/#/news-events/the-secret/ https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage IMO they're an extremely long way off any of the gold coast parks, I'd personally consider it LPS with a waterpark thrown on, or maybe a waterpark with LPS thrown on. Either way, it's promising to see that someone is willing to invest in the other side of the country too.

(Please provide links in the post so people not familiar to the park such as myself have a bit of an idea what you're talking about) http://adventureworl...nts/the-secret/ https://www.facebook...rldOfficialPage IMO they're an extremely long way off any of the gold coast parks, I'd personally consider it LPS with a waterpark thrown on, or maybe a waterpark with LPS thrown on. Either way, it's promising to see that someone is willing to invest in the other side of the country too.

As much as I love LPS, I think that Adventure World is a step above what you describe. LPS is not a theme park but rather a fun park. Adventure World is truly a different proposition to what LPS offers. They may not be as big as the Gold Coast parks (yet) but if they get a new coaster then this will definitely put them on the map. I treat both Adventure World and Aussie World in the same bracket- smallish parks that are expanding slowly. Its great to see , as you have noted, investment in the theme park industry, other than on the GC parks. Australia needs more of this!! More power to them and I cannot wait to see the final product!! Edited by Jobe

What would 12 million get as a roller coaster compared to what is currently on the Gold Coast. In other words how much did Superman and Scooby Doo cost?

Roughly the same, I think. Superman was $17 Mill? and Scooby was about $10-$15? Someone else can confirm it? Edit: Just saw your username-pic.... Swing by and grab us a few pictures of the construction sometime if you can! Edited by colliric_855

What would 12 million get as a roller coaster compared to what is currently on the Gold Coast. In other words how much did Superman and Scooby Doo cost?

Roughly the same, I think. Superman was $17 Mill? and Scooby was about $10-$15? Someone else can confirm it? Edit: Just saw your username-pic.... Swing by and grab us a few pictures of the construction sometime if you can!

Is shipping cheaper to WA than it is to QLD though?

Is shipping cheaper to WA than it is to QLD though?

Depends on where the track is manufactured, which tends to be Germany, Eastern Europe, or China depending on who is supplying the ride. Shipping isn't even the important thing though, site works, footers and labour are well and truly the major chunk of ride construction costs.

I'm a bit excited about this but I don't want to get my hopes up too high as I'm not sure what Perth's definition for "world class" is. Definitely looks like footers being put in though, which means it'll hopefully be a coaster and hopefully it'll be a decent one. I'd be pretty pissed if it turned out to be a second hand SLC :P

Definitely footers... And looks pretty big too? Nice. Looks like that big black V thing on the ground is where the station will be? Looks suspiciously like a Eurofighter to me.... Guess we have to wait and see when track starts showing up. Glad it's clearly not a Coaster type we already have in this country... I don't think anyone would like to see another Moto-coaster, one El Loco and Skyloop is enough(good rides, but I'd love to see a different one). The codename of the ride is Mi1 whatever that means(a ref to Mi5 or James Bond's Mi6? Eurofighter clue?). Perhaps this will have an espionage(Mi1 and "The Secret"?) theme???

Edited by colliric_855

Actually now that I can see the $12 million tag confirmed I'm getting pretty excited. I thought of a eurofighter too, for some reason, which would be awesome as I love eurofighters and Gerstlauer have been making some crazy ones lately - see The Smiler at Alton Towers.

Adventure world posted a time lapse video of construction. However it seems pretty pointless considering nothing is happening and its being filmed from a great distance. However, what interests me is the cloaked figure at the end that comes into view and stands there for a while before walking off. I mean, what the hell was that? Now I'm probably wrong and this theory is extremely far fetched, but could that be part of a hint at a theme or even part of a viral marketing campaign? I doubt it, considering Australian parks never really put any effort into marketing let alone viral marketing. Not to mention the fact that the video only has 150 views, making the marketing ploy fairly useless, but it's definitely something worth thinking about.

In the description on Facebook they said the ride construction began "at the other end" in their rhetorical question, and it appears they did put something in(a footer? That object in the middle that appears at the end) and they also worked on the hill(earthworks) behind. So the track likely does come into this section later. As I said, it's likely they started with the Station section first(over the other side where the flurry of activities are happening) and this part where the Camera is positioned is probably where they will be finishing. EDIT: The earthworks occured in the previous video... As did the placing of that little black thing(on the ground near the cloaked guy on his right) in the middle. Not this newer video.

Edited by colliric_855

New pics are on the Facebook page. No track yet, it's all ground work, looks like the ride queue and station being built to me. Kinda looks like it could be themed to some sort of Bunker or Gulf War Military theme as it looks like they're building a grey brick wall at the rear of it and the ride looks like it will be close to the ground(as they're digging trenches)... Lots of earthworks so far... As I said, EUROFIGHTER!

Edited by colliric_855

The track has started leaving Europe in crates, no image of the track yet though, only pictures of the first crate departing. 48 crates apparently(big ride? Seems it is). They're using a German shipping company, but I'm not sure that's important, could be though.

Edited by colliric_855