Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

Well I'd expect using a German company means that they're more than likely being shipped from a German factory, which at least gives credibility to the Gerstlauer theory (although Mack Rides and Maurer Sohne are also German). Although it could just as easily be from B and M or Intamin, as they may use a German company to ship from Switzerland? I'm not sure if the origin of the shipping company gives and indication to the ride manufacturer but at least it eliminates S&S Power, RMC, GCI and Gravity Group.

Edited by alex_1

Zierer, Mack, Maurer Sohne and Gerslauer. All German based companies - Anyone going to take a guess?

Forgot about Zierer. They've started making some great coasters lately, specifically Verbolten at Busch Gardens.

Exactly. There is nothing definitive at this stage to say that the ride is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. It COULD be ( and I for one would not be unhappy if it was) but NOTHING has been confirmed at this stage. The Eurofighter rumour is nothing but wild speculative guesses being trotted out as an absolute truth, at this stage.

Edited by Jobe

Exactly. There is nothing definitive at this stage to say that the ride is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. It COULD be ( and I for one would not be unhappy if it was) but NOTHING has been confirmed at this stage. The Eurofighter rumour is nothing but wild speculative guesses being trotted out as an absolute truth, at this stage.

It has been push "seriously" by other users on Facebook. One person even claims they know what exact model it is(and has posted a video of another installation).

I admit I've been speculating pretty wildly and for that I'm sorry. I'm just extremely excited about Australia getting a new coaster and I'm just trying to figure out anything I can with out it, which is admittedly useless so far due to the lack of details found. I'll stop. At least until the next update haha

I admit I've been speculating pretty wildly and for that I'm sorry. I'm just extremely excited about Australia getting a new coaster and I'm just trying to figure out anything I can with out it, which is admittedly useless so far due to the lack of details found. I'll stop. At least until the next update haha

I will also, until the track arrives.

I honestly hope that it is a Eurofighter. That would be an excellent choice for Adventure World!! There is nothing wrong with speculating on what the ride is, by anyone. We are all excited by the prospect of a new coaster for Australia. What burns me us when that speculation is written as absolute fact, when we all clearly know that has not been proven yet. But I am happy to jump on the Eurofighter band wagon so please do not stop speculating on the actual postulation!! The full facts will be coming in soon very quickly from here, which will be very welcome news!! A trip to Adventure World is definitely on the horizon!!

I honestly hope that it is a Eurofighter. That would be an excellent choice for Adventure World!! There is nothing wrong with speculating on what the ride is, by anyone. We are all excited by the prospect of a new coaster for Australia. What burns me us when that speculation is written as absolute fact, when we all clearly know that has not been proven yet. But I am happy to jump on the Eurofighter band wagon so please do not stop speculating on the actual postulation!! The full facts will be coming in soon very quickly from here, which will be very welcome news!! A trip to Adventure World is definitely on the horizon!!

I agree with this.

It actually is the Eurofighter. That is what the construction tender was called. http://www.estimateone.com/adventure-world-Eurofighter

Excellent!!! Great find Reckless Loony!!! Solid hard evidence that supports the Eurofighter theory. Brilliant!! Now we know for sure that it is indeed a Eurofighter ( Australian first too!!! :o - Adventure World haven't been pushing THAT angle- I wonder why?) now we can focus on speculation of the layout!! Eurofighter's are highly customizable coasters so fingers crossed for a really good layout with some great airtime and some intense elements!! Great work!!! Thanks again. :D

Edited by Jobe

How could you pick it from the layout-

I guess the site has been levelled with retaining walls, which suggests they might be plopping down a standard model as opposed to a custom layout abiding by the slope of the site, and the site is kind of squat and rectangular

Kinda like how on Arkham Asylum the site has been perfectly leveled off under the footprint: http://goo.gl/maps/87lMF

Probably was easier to do that then muck around with adjusting the levels of footings and redesigning columns to be shorter.

Edited by Gazza

I guess the site has been levelled with retaining walls, which suggests they might be plopping down a standard model as opposed to a custom layout abiding by the slope of the site, and the site is kind of squat and rectangular

Yep! In particular the brick wall at the back. Certainly given away as a low to the ground coaster... And we've already got two motocoasters. Also the budget too. But ironically I picked up on the "Mi1" codename the most.... A "millitary/espionage" themed coaster (currently) called The Secret.... Fits a Eurofighter like a glove! Was I the only person here who saw Skyfall? That was an obvious giveaway in hindsight. Edited by colliric_855

It does appear to be that way, which is a bit of a shame. A layout that included the full use of the surrounding terrain would have meant a unique ride experience. Its hard to tell too much from the little info we can glean from the facts at hand. Are you suggesting that you can see the layout from the current pics available and from that you can tell it was going to be a Eurofighter? Just curious.

Most Eurofighters are built on a flat plot, doesn't necessarily mean its the standard 320 version. Also I'm pretty sure the other three 320 models around the world cost a lot less than $12 million - even if you accounted for shipping costs to Australia.