Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

I'm sure if we had a coaster manufacturer on our shores, there would be employees from the company on these forums too, and we'd no doubt get little sneak peaks along the way (so long as it wasn't bound for our parks because it would have insanely strict confidentiality agreements)...

Cool. Thanks. Did not know the fences were covered like that, that makes sense. There was an attraction over here before was there?

As Gazza correctly pointed out they are fence posts that have been removed. The fence was behind water mountain running close to the Tunnel of Terror. The posts you see in the pic are located by the Rampage building. The building demolished was indeed the change rooms/Toilets and vintage car museum. http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2386/coasterlocation.jpg http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7711/coasterlocation2.jpg

Looks like they've got a picture of the ride layout over there?

No. Translation of the German forum reveals the pictures are nothing more than pics taken by the forum poster when he was there touring the Gerstlauer factory some time ago. The pics have nothing to do with Adventure World.

Well that makes complete sense.

Nope. We know it's a Eurofighter(Council Application gave it away), we know Hapag Lloyd is shipping it(And a crate of theirs is visible in one of these photos, as well as that AW Facebook one), and clearly the ride in these German pictures is going to an English speaking country(English control screen)... So no, it doesn't make sense what he just said. Instead of saying just plain "no" he should have read the rest of the thread(here) and written something at least less strongly worded... Like "Well it may not be, not 100% certain yet", instead of just plain "No".... Lol, now I'm on the other end of it again! Also if the pics are not realated to AW's ride, why did the German guys see fit to put them in a thread THEY created on the ride? No, he's most likely wrong on this occasion... Or at least it's highly likely that those pictures are of the Adventure World ride. German guy probably saw the Hapag Crate photo, ride construction pictures and the "damning" Council Application, and it probably confirmed his suspicions this ride is going to an English speaking country, which he was probably already thinking when he took the pictures. P.S. It could possibly even be the same crate come to think of it... Edited by colliric_855

Looks like I'm blocked from posting/commenting on Adventure World Perth's page, just for posting the photos from the Gerstlauer factory (which may or may not be relevant anyway).

Fair enough though. I guess parks don't exactly appreciate enthusiasts ruining the secrecy behind their new rides.

Wait, those photos have just been removed from this thread and the original post on the German forum disappeared. Do Adventure World control the internet or something? Haha

Edited by alex_1

Parkz has long honoured the requests of our Parks by removing any information or photographs pertaining to the park that they do not want to be posted.

I'm not speaking officially - but its been done in the past when MW asked Richard to remove photos taken in inappropriate areas of Superman Escape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm officially going to Perth in January... Going to try and bus it across the Nullabor, stop in Adelaide for a short while(Day or so)on the way over. Want to get there the Long way by land and take it all in. Probably fly back to Melbourne. Considering the train, but will go cheapest land way over(and I'm told that's bus). Taking a friend that lives over there to the Park. Booking it on Friday next week. Ticket budget overall is $500, which should more than cover it(if I don't want to stay anywhere, otherwise I'd need about $800, considering it) given $140 is the cost for a return flight. Seriously considering driving it, but my car is an old bomb now. Would have to service it good. Would make there(with a few stops) but doing the drive twice would be a problem.

Edited by colliric_855