Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

Does anyone else feel like emailing the CEO of Ardent Leisure with pics of this ride and just saying: THIS. THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE!

As has been proven time and time again, you'd just be wasting your time and effort.

You'd get a more energetic response if you took their annual report and used it as firelighters...

We don't have the population, and therefore the budget to rival the US. Sure a park may be able to blow 3 years worth of CAPEX on a single, worthy attraction, which:

• [*]We'll all love, and rave about [*]the park will advertise the hell out of it, trumpeting the latest 'record breaker' [*]another international park will beat it in less than a year [*]The park will again be forgotten on the international stage. [*]the park that does it won't install anything else for 3-4 years while they recover and recoup the expenditure, leading us all to criticise the park for not building anything new. [*]The park attempts to scrape together what little cashflow it (or it's shareholders) are willing to part with just so that they can install something 'new' [*]the new attraction isn't anywhere near as 'wow' as the record breaker - people criticise, and want better rides. [*]the park is condemned to poor attendances, lack of cashflow, leading to poor upkeep and maintenance, and requiring the park to cut costs wherever possible. [*]the park is further criticised for failing to maintain standards, theming, keeping rides open for the full operating day, etc. [*]the park goes further downhill due to that criticism

*Disclaimer - the parks mentioned in the above description have remained nameless to protect their identity and no similarity is intended to be drawn to any park - whether in coomera or not

I think i'm seeing a rollercoaster revolution that we've been all waiting for just beginning to start, I'm just hoping that we will start to see rides that Rival the US.

Not really. As good as a Eurofighter is, it's not exactly an "omfg amazing world class attraction", and its also quite low cost.

The only coaster we have at the moment that challenges overseas coasters is Superman Escape, which was recently voted amongst the top 20 steel coasters in the world by the Mitch Hawker Coaster Poll. I don't think any Eurofighters even made the top 50 this year.

One comment seriously pissed me off - Andrew Charles I will not go on it keep jobs in Australia not Germany wrong

Holy mother of God, how braindead retarded and over patriotic can a single human being be? I invite Andrew to try find a company in Australia that manufactures coasters. Oh wait, the only coaster in Australia built by a home grown company is currently rotting in the Blue Mountains. Not to mention the fact that almost all of the construction workers on the site will be Australian, there will likely only be a couple of supervisors from Gerstlauer.

/rant, that just really pissed me off beyond belief.

A little late to reply, but i'm just catching up on this thread.

I agree the rant is pathetic.

Many roller coasters have been built (not just assembled) in Australia over the years, I believe the last coaster manufactured here that is still operational is Cyclone currently at Dreamworld.

It was manufactured at factories in Newcastle and Melbourne before being assembled at LPS.

Also lots more photo's posted today

http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/6157-2013-neuheit-eurofighter-gerstlauer-adventure-world-australien-3.html#post123625

Peter.

Edited by petestrash

1374229_10151883163284564_638252906_n.jpg

I wonder what the dark section is going to be like. We've seen alot of the outdoor work, but I'd love to see what's happening in the building. Everyone probably already knows this, but doesn't appear to have been posted verbatim here yet, so here goes..... It officially opens on Halloween, at their Fright Night event.... naturally.

1234453_10151882838594564_659403571_n.jpg

That's alot of statues... They uploaded a heap of photos again today on their facebook page. Naturally today they installed these things. They'll probably finish it completely halfway into the month, given they're opening it at the very end.

Edited by colliric_855

1374229_10151883163284564_638252906_n.jpg

I wonder what the dark section is going to be like. We've seen alot of the outdoor work, but I'd love to see what's happening in the building. Everyone probably already knows this, but doesn't appear to have been posted verbatim here yet, so here goes..... It officially opens on Halloween, at their Fright Night event.... naturally.

1234453_10151882838594564_659403571_n.jpg

That's alot of statues... They uploaded a heap of photos again today on their facebook page. Naturally today they installed these things. They'll probably finish it completely halfway into the month, given they're opening it at the very end.

Haven't they completed the track yet? I'm all excited about this, should leave Rampage and the waterslides walk-ons.

What are the last two elements, i know the Immelmann and the inline twist elements, wonder what it looks inside the building.

You know they're serious when they have their own line of merch..

Whoa. When i get to Adventure World I'm certainly buying the shirt, cap, USB and the poster. Ha ha ha

And it looks like the trains are like the Eurofighter wood train CTR on rct3.

And chickens are in them for testing. LOL

232140d1380239024-2013-neuheit-eurofighter-gerstlauer-adventure-world-australien-1175117_10151875085594564_865315060_n.jpg

232139d1380239023-2013-neuheit-eurofighter-gerstlauer-adventure-world-australien-1174863_10151877094144564_707124802_n.jpg