Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

Buzzsaw? 600pph? That's 50 dispatches an hour, not going to happen. I'd be genuinely surprised if Buzzsaw gets to 300pph. It'd be interesting to know if 600 is based off some unrealistic assumptions like Buzzsaw or if it's based off the proven operational record of other similar rides. Well, it'd be interesting to me anyway, most people have better things to do with their time :)

alex_1

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Saw the Ride supposedly pushes 1000 pph with 8 trains, so assuming the ride time is the same I suppose that means we can expect 4 or 5 trains (1000/8 = 125, 600/125 = 4.8) on Abyss to achieve 600 pph.

I think they have 4 trains @ $250 000 a piece.

Just over a week to go. Apparently they took out a double page spread in 'The West'.

And from their Facebook Page: the 'concrete statues' are getting stranger...

post-2597-0-40957500-1382623288_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-15870300-1382623305_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-01024700-1382623334_thumb.gi

I stand corrected.

In my mind, they all looked like this:

post-2597-0-17939600-1380869260_thumb.jpg

Having just gone back and looked at some of the other shots of some of the statues already installed, I can see the statues with their arms reaching out, so i'll say props to the artists, the paintwork is realistic enough to fool someone in a photo, they'll work pretty well for people flying by at high speed...

and when did The Storm Coaster become Australia's best rollercoaster (at Seaworld)?

Jeez that was a bit of stretch wasn't it - it won't even be Seaworld's best coaster!

If it's anything like Poseidon at Europa Park (which it is, except shorter) it'll be a fun, but pretty average, family coaster with a decent splashdown. At least that's my experience from riding Poseidon last month.

Jeez that was a bit of stretch wasn't it - it won't even be Seaworld's best coaster!

If it's anything like Poseidon at Europa Park (which it is, except shorter) it'll be a fun, but pretty average, family coaster with a decent splashdown. At least that's my experience from riding Poseidon last month.

I think this could be better than Sea Vip, but we will have to see if its better than Jet rescue, because I think that that is there best ride. If they said best water coaster, than I would have believed it. I think the ride will be better than the Bermuda Triangle. It seems like it will have better theming and ride experience. I did love the Bermuda Triangle, but this seems to have this little bit extra. We will just have to wait and see.

According to AW's Facebook page, Abyss opens at 6pm on Friday. The Chosen Ones' ad has been recut with what I presume is local footage.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8O68erZo8s&feature=youtu.be

More pics uploaded to their Facebook site - I'm quite impressed. They are also crossing to 'The Project' this Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage?rf=120416708012362

post-2597-0-51134000-1382970293_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-36026600-1382970304_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-66243800-1382970354_thumb.jp

One thing i'm wondering (and I really don't mean to be pessimistic) but are Perth park-goers less likely to damage queue lines? Or is it likely this awesome theming will be reduced to graffiti and broken foam in 6 months? (or worse yet - put behind bars). It's great that they've stood-off the queue rails a good distance, but in a long wait that won't discourage visitors from ducking the rails and picking playing with it... I hope they have some cameras in there...

all there other rides in the parks and they all have big que lines that are full and never damaged.

That's incorrect Tim,

the rides at Adventure World do not have big queue areas, nor do any of them have theming to actually be damaged, just fencing and plain shade cloth:.

http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Perth/Adventure_World/12,2,6188-Power_Surge.html

AlexB, in answer to your question, I did notice a little bit more petty vandalism in Perth...In particular it seems a favourite pastime of local feral kids is to severely scratch the windows of the buses and trains there:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/attacks-of-buses-trains-up-65pc/story-e6frg143-1226193471711

We'll have to wait and see how the theming holds up...

or a smaller park, that theming looks really well done! I'm impressed.

I reckon the interior lighting looks good, but that 2D painted wall looks cheap and nasty, just like the Ghost Train at LPM;

http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Melbourne/Luna_Park/169-Ghost_Train/1,2,914-Ghost_Train.html

Edited by Gazza