Adventure World New Coaster - Abyss

colliric_855

Quite impressive - on many levels. Who would have thought we'd see the day when Adventure World in Perth would have a roller coaster that far exceeds anything at Dreamworld. And while both parks added horror-themed attractions this year, one is a rehashed laser tag arena, while the other is a very decent, full circuit, themed, partially indoor roller coaster. Says it all

cardile international fireworks have done the Perth royal show fireworks which are amazing and they have been awarded best firework display in a comp held in china.

The launch of this coaster, correct me if I'm wrong, would have to be the best in Australia wouldn't it? That Chosen Ones video is very impressive, love the fire and firework elements.

So happy with this, Adventure World have really outdone themselves with this and put some of the Gold Coast parks to shame tbh.

It's good to finally see what I would class as a super coaster. The only real other super coaster that I am aware of in Australia is Superman Escape. These coasters are ones, which i see are as a high of standard as the coasters in america, europe, etc. I know they are not as good as some of the ones in other countries, but for Australian standards this is high. AW have done a great job.

yeah but i mean like something of this size.

But they are of a similar size?

Abyss is 30m high, Storm Coaster is 28m high.

(Though Storm covers a larger area of land)

Both rides feature indoor sections and theming.

The inside elements are surprising.

Any chance of giving us a description of what sort of stuff you see in the indoor section? Lighting? Theming? Sound?

Colour the text in white if you don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Edited by Gazza

Pretty close to that. The stairs up are very underwhelming but the station is pretty cool. Of all of the Gold Coast parks mw would suit it best. You can't really compare it to scooby doo as this track is really well thought out. Abyss was down for an hour but it is back up and running again. The spotlight is tracking the trains too.

I'd be disappointed in the choice of park. This ride would be suited to MW, but Storm is a perfect fit for SW, and a great choice IMO.

I agree - the suggestion that this would have been a good choice for Sea World, and better than Storm Coaster is ridiculous. This would have been a good choice for Dreamworld, clearly. Storm Coaster is perfect for Sea World and should be an awesome addition

I agree - the suggestion that this would have been a good choice for Sea World, and better than Storm Coaster is ridiculous. This would have been a good choice for Dreamworld, clearly. Storm Coaster is perfect for Sea World and should be an awesome addition

What i mean if the put alot more air time on the storm like the abyss. Not put this coaster in Sea world