Dreamworld AVPX Replacement

You're clutching at straws again RWC.

The details DazzaMoes posted on the previous page were from Taman Safari Indonesia which opened two scare attractions under the "Kevil Hill" banner in 2011. A quick Google search reveals a design firm who has worked with Sudden Impact several times, including a 2011 project in Indonesia. Also, the font used for Kevil Hill matches that on Dreamworld's Evilution page:

8_kevil_Hill.jpg

Edited by themeparkgc

You're clutching at straws again RWC. The details DazzaMoes posted on the previous page were from Taman Safari Indonesia which opened two scare attractions under the "Kevil Hill" banner in 2011. A quick Google search reveals a design firm who has worked with Sudden Impact several times, including a 2011 project in Indonesia. Also, the font used for Kevil Hill matches that on Dreamworld's Evilution page: 8_kevil_Hill.jpg

Well that's interesting. Incidentally Kevil is a famous haunted town in Kentucky in the USA. So that's obviously where the name comes from. Frankly I thought he was actually relating one of the Ghost stories to do with that town! lol! Edited by colliric_855

Well that's interesting. Incidentally Kevil is a famous haunted town in Kentucky in the USA. So that's obviously where the name comes from. Frankly I thought he was actually relating one of the Ghost stories to do with that town! lol!

Really? You thought that's what he was doing? Then why did you try to pass it off as a codename?

And the name OBVIOUSLY comes from the haunted town in the USA? How do you come to that conclusion being SO obvious?

Perhaps it is 'highly likely' or 'possible' that's where the name comes from, but unless sudden impact comes on and confirms it, we'll just have to speculate, won't we?

Really? You thought that's what he was doing? Then why did you try to pass it off as a codename? And the name OBVIOUSLY comes from the haunted town in the USA? How do you come to that conclusion being SO obvious? Perhaps it is 'highly likely' or 'possible' that's where the name comes from, but unless sudden impact comes on and confirms it, we'll just have to speculate, won't we?

Yep!

Remember Dreamworld has only 3 rides which fit into the theme of Ocean Parade (Wipeout, Shockwave and Reef Diver). The Claw, Evilution and Cyclone don't fit into the theme at all.

Actually they kinda made the Claw fit by theming it around a monster taking over a beachside camping ground. That's why some of the theming has beach-style thatched roofs and the 'community notice board' out the front also fits the beach theme. The Cyclone also can be stretched to fit the theme as cyclones affect coastal areas

ZOMBIE EVILUTION is set at a fictional town called Kevil Hill which was established under the utopian dreams of a grief stricken wealthy widower, JB Kevil. Determined to never lose a loved one again, and the dream of eternal life, JB Kevil recruits Professor Jacques Madigan to develop a cryonics chamber that preserves the dead to be re-awakened. The corrupt professor is confronted by the son of Kevil, a violent outbreak occurs and the explosive chain reaction begins. The frozen ones wake and begin emerging from the depths of Kevil Hill hiding in the dark depths of the city ruins.A scare attraction that makes being terrified fun, ZOMBIE EVILUTION will challenge the most seasoned of horror lovers, as guests must make their way through the dark eerie remains of the Kevil Hill buildings among the predatory zombies.Zombie Evilution will challenge all who enter its doors to not scream in complete terror.

Edited by DazzaMoes

I normally don't like posts like this, but: That sounds pretty gay. Not homosexual, but the colloquial use of the word gay, meaning lame. The back story seems needlessly complex, and poorly conceived. It's like they took a weak idea off a theme park website written by amateurs and turned it into a real thing. I'm sure the attraction might well be OK, but the story is pretty piss poor. (With apologies to the writer)

The haunted house, dubbed Kevil Hill, will replace laser tag and will suitably open on Friday, September 13. The attraction is based on the home of an eccentric billionaire known as JB Kevil, who has a dream to turn the world into a zombie utopia. One of Mr Kevil's entourage, Professor Jaques Madigan of Kevil Hill Cryonics Chamber, has been greeting Dreamworld guests in the lead-up to the grand opening, urging them to ``join his evilution'' and join him in a utopian world where ``all can live, die and rebirth''. - Thrill Zone International

The name as the logo says below might be the name of the maze but, they say it has been dubbed as Kevil Hill.post-29245-0-18089000-1378015765_thumb.j

Edited by the12thworld

Whatever this attraction is I see it more of a one time attraction in that you will probably only visit it once during the day. This attraction will not help Dreamworld they are lucky that the Storm Coaster got delayed so they may increase there attendance...until Sea World open the Storm.

I don't think this is meant to be a big attraction, just a replacement for AVPX, which wasn't one of the park's bigger attractions.

Went to dreamworld today and I seen 2 guys and a girl dressed as I guess zombies I have to say the make up was very B grade at best so I hope that it was not the actors Finshed look And they were outside the Kevil hill attraction looked like they were locked out they were not happy