Dreamworld AVPX Replacement

The cheapest looking theme park building ever. So hideous. And so out of place in that themed area. And it was no better when that big flat sign was attached either.

UPDATED: I should clarify - I actually have no problem with theme park 'sheds'. Some of the world's best rides are located in big sheds (show buildings): Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Indiana, Lassiters/Bermuda, Scooby. BUT at least hide it with a decent facade AND place it in an appropriate area

Edited by GoGoBoy

^I think those glass doors stuck down in one corner give me the vibe of the sort of unit you see in an industrial estate.

The new attraction needs to be themed around an automotive transmission spare parts shop or a air conditioner repairer or a cabinietmaker orsomething :P

15.IMG_5733-580x350.jpg?6f88fd

Edited by Gazza

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's dreamworld. I'd love for it to be a first class attraction but unfortunately they've shown us they aren't interested in bringing in world class attractions anymore - all they want is the minimum expenditure to be able to trumpet a 'new' attraction each year.

This is like repainting Cyclone bright orange and changing the trains.... Different look, mostly the same ride. Like Sea Viper - it is remarkably the same, with a different look... however - when Sea World rebranded Corkscrew - it wasn't their only attraction for the year.

It's now most likely(I won't say 100% otherwise Jobe would probably explode! Lol!) Resident Evil, the Film franchise. The next film is scheduled in Cinemas next year(Exactly 1 year after this attraction is opening, September 14th 2014) currently rumoured to be called "Resident Evil: Evolution". The film tag line? My guess... "Get ready for the Evilution" http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-paul-w-s-anderson-confirms-resident-evil-6-will-end-the-franchise

Edited by colliric_855

I've seen several release dates touted for 'Resident Evil 6' but nothing i've seen so far gives 'evolution' as the rest of the film title.

Further more - if this attraction was intended to tie in with the release of the sequel, it wouldn't be opening around the same time as filming commences (filming to commence in the 'fall' of 2013 - being Sept-Nov).

Lastly, IMDB lists the location of filming for this episode as the WBMW studios on the gold coast. I'd be inclined to see it appear at MW, not DW.

It is possible that the franchise is being used in the attraction, but I doubt that it is specifically going to tie in with any sort of 'evilution' tag line. if that were the case - the intentional mis-spelling would be used on the tagline of the movie also.

I've seen several release dates touted for 'Resident Evil 6' but nothing i've seen so far gives 'evolution' as the rest of the film title. Further more - if this attraction was intended to tie in with the release of the sequel, it wouldn't be opening around the same time as filming commences (filming to commence in the 'fall' of 2013 - being Sept-Nov). Lastly, IMDB lists the location of filming for this episode as the WBMW studios on the gold coast. I'd be inclined to see it appear at MW, not DW. It is possible that the franchise is being used in the attraction, but I doubt that it is specifically going to tie in with any sort of 'evilution' tag line. if that were the case - the intentional mis-spelling would be used on the tagline of the movie also.

Yes but not in the movie title itself. That would be bad grammar. "Resident Evilution" and "Resident Evil: Evilution" both don't make sense. It would be in the tagline, and the title would be RE: Evolution(keeping with the theme of previous titles like Apocalypse, Afterlife, etc) And crap, thanks for telling me something I didn't know... It's filming on the Gold Coast? Also I agree with your statement it won't be directly connected to the sixth film. It will mostly probably just be "Raccoon City" as the arena. Edited by colliric_855

It's now most likely(I won't say 100% otherwise Jobe would probably explode! Lol!) Resident Evil, the Film franchise. The next film is scheduled in Cinemas next year(Exactly 1 year after this attraction is opening, September 14th 2014) currently rumoured to be called "Resident Evil: Evolution". The film tag line? My guess... "Get ready for the Evilution" http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-paul-w-s-anderson-confirms-resident-evil-6-will-end-the-franchise

It took a while and a lot of frustration on behalf of the decent posters on this board but it looks like your actually learning. However i agree with AlexB on this .... there is nothing to indicate that this will be themed or tied in to the Resident Evil franchise. It COULD be but who knows for sure? Not you is the answer..... Edited by Jobe

I was looking at the terms and condition of the join the evilution competition on the dreamworld website, I noticed that they called it a 'Kevil Hill' competition. So I did a little research on kevil hill and found this: As the legend goes, Kevil Hill Oil Refinery Oil Tower was built by the [MENARA OIL COMPANY] Company of protest [Moco] center because of its location high in the mountains and beautiful nature of the hinterland of Jakarta in Bogor. There is a large explosion and fire at the refinery, and what it stands right now, is all that's left. It is said that ghost rig workers who died in the explosion was the 'Ghost's' who currently occupy the building in a police station [precinct] and who drove the last remaining tower of up and down to terrorize visitors and protested the blast and subsequent closure of the refinery business