Dreamworld AVPX Replacement

Went to dreamworld today and took a vist to evilution. It is a walk though maze lots and lots of detail which was great and intro movie was cool. Lots of zombies and scares. I liked it but did not love it. I would say kind of like a fright night maze @ MW without the atmosphere

I just hope that when the parks attendances is low they do not cut half or more of the staff from evilution. Without the amount of zombies that they had today It would be very disappointing. How many times can you go through a zombie maze when its a beautiful sunny day outside.

Edited by ispy

I just hope that when the parks attendances is low they do not cut half or more of the staff from evilution. Without the amount of zombies that they had today It would be very disappointing. How many times can you go through a zombie maze when its a beautiful sunny day outside.

I'm sure it's contracted out to Sudden Impact for a set period(2-3 years?) so I doubt it'll go through periods of low staff. They're not employed by Dreamworld, they're employed by Sudden Impact under contract with Dreamworld. Perhaps the attraction may close during the off seasons, etc, but when open it will probably operate with a full crew of performers. Sudden Impact is an event production company that hires it's own performers, so they are the actual employer here. Edited by colliric_855

So as someone who has no clue about these things, is this a "maze maze" like in books and what i believe Arkham was, or like at Universal and SRES and Ekka where its just A to B?

It's pretty much A-B not really a maze. Our group took the wrong turn once but we quickly found the way (the zombie that was in the room just stood their pointing us in the right direction).

Ive been at Zombie Evilution for most of the morning. As it is not very busythetoday they have allowed anyone in the park today to preview the attraction. However, its still not been busy so I started having a chat with the guy from Sudden Impact. He told me that there are many things that will added between now and friday. There are secrets and parts of the story that will be released over the next few months. They dont know how long the attraction will be in the park.

Personally I'm viewing it as "We don't feel like spending too much money at the moment so we'll revert to a low cost attraction we've run in the past".

Personally I think you should experience it before passing judgement. Whilst it would be nowhere near the cost of a new ride. It has been done with a great creative vision and it has not been done on the cheap.

Ive been at Zombie Evilution for most of the morning. As it is not very busythetoday they have allowed anyone in the park today to preview the attraction. However, its still not been busy so I started having a chat with the guy from Sudden Impact. He told me that there are many things that will added between now and friday. There are secrets and parts of the story that will be released over the next few months. They dont know how long the attraction will be in the park.

"Dazza" is correct, there are still many finishing touches/details to be added before the official launch.

I'm sure it's contracted out to Sudden Impact for a set period(2-3 years?) so I doubt it'll go through periods of low staff. They're not employed by Dreamworld, they're employed by Sudden Impact under contract with Dreamworld. Perhaps the attraction may close during the off seasons, etc, but when open it will probably operate with a full crew of performers. Sudden Impact is an event production company that hires it's own performers, so they are the actual employer here.

Incorrect, Sudden Impact is responsible for the construction and all the creative work related to the attraction. The scare actors are employed by Dreamworld (although they have been trained by Sudden Impact's "Scare School")

So as someone who has no clue about these things, is this a "maze maze" like in books and what i believe Arkham was, or like at Universal and SRES and Ekka where its just A to B?

It is fairly straight forward, in a few instances some of the Kevil Hill residents may have to point you in the right direction The characters and backstory are now all on the official site.

Edited by One day holiday

How scary is this maze /5? Is is like Fright Night extreme or more family orientated? Oh and what do the zombies look like, are they very detailed?

Not as gory as Saw or Walking Dead in my opinion. Officially they recommend you are at least 10yrs of age, those 5yrs and under are not permitted. The zombies are in make-up/look authentic in the dark.

Some points not yet mentioned.

• [*]Existing infrastructure for AVPX has been built upon and adapted. Those who previously visited AVPX should be very impressed with how they used the existing space. [*]Entry and Exit is through the existing side door currently. The exit will change (presumably prior to official opening). The AVPX briefing bays are not currently publicly used. [*]It has been made to be adaptable and easily changed. Expect this to be "Stage 1" of Kevil Hill. [*]Briefing video shown during pass holder previews was a place holder, professionally filmed video to be in place soon.
Edited by One day holiday

Entry and Exit is through the existing side door currently. The exit will change presumably prior to official opening). The AVPX briefing bays are not publicly used.

The AVPX briefing bays will be used when the attraction officially opens which also returns the exit to the other side of the building. They have been using them as storage while construction happens (they had the doors open yesterday). They will show alot of the back story in these briefing bays on friday. Edited by DazzaMoes

OPENING TIMES:

Friday, 13th Sept - Friday, 20th Sept 11am - 1pm 2.30pm - 5pm

Saturday, 21st Sept - Sunday, 6th Oct 10am - 5pm

Monday, 7th Oct - Sunday, 13th Oct 11am - 1pm 2.30pm - 5pm

Attraction Closes - Prepare for the next Evilution Monday, 14th Oct – Thursday, 17th Oct

Attraction Reopens Friday, 18th Oct

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Attractions/Evilution/Attraction.aspx

With the Kevil Hill theme?

Yeah yeah, same thing they will just move some things around to make it more free-flowing for people to be running about playing skirmish etc.

it has been designed to make this process fairly simple so it can be converted back and forth easily.

Im assuming the idea will be to change it up from time to time, but given the cost of permanently staffing scare actors and the downtime in transition (Even though its small) i think after the coming school holidays we wont be seeing it in 'scare maze' mode too often