Dreamworld Closing Down?

MickeyD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say though, the post from Belinda is probably the first time i've seen the Dreamworld PR machine show a little emotion (even if that is frustration) and put forth a frank (albeit vague) statement about the park's future. At least its far better than the standard drivel we're used to from them, along the lines of 'thanks for your feedback, we at dreamworld believe that *continue talking about something that has nothing to do with the original poster's concerns*'

What I took from that response was that Dreamworld is getting out of the coaster business

Dreamworld's not out of the coaster business. I think Dreamworld may build a really good coaster soon. Check out this post from Belinda... "Belinda Brown: I Challenge you to come up with an idea for the SCARIEST ROLLERCOASTER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE!! I'd like the idea explained and sketched out and then messaged to me by... 1/6/13. How do you feel about that challenge? Prepared to take it?" Edited by Gary86

I definately dont think they would be making this kind of post if they weren't realistically considering putting a new coaster in. They of course probably have no intention in the world of actually using a submitted design, but you'd have to be the stupidest social media marketing person ever to put such a thing out there if it wasn't on the cards.

Talking about an 'idea' that needs to be 'explained' implies to me that they're not just talking about a scary layout... but a scary THEME. I can't see them using submitted layouts, but they could certainly take submitted THEMES into consideration... Here's hoping...

You don't think with Buzzsaw's ghost theme they might also think about the Eu.... No surely not?

• 3 weeks later...

Dreamword's latest way of budget cutting is to turn off all the lights in the queue lines of all the rides. It was fairly dark in the giant drop line today and the ToT exit ramp to the lift was dark aswell.

And of course, it couldn't have been a maintenance issue that is being fixed - definitely a budget cut issue

Dreamword's latest way of budget cutting is to turn off all the lights in the queue lines of all the rides. It was fairly dark in the giant drop line today and the ToT exit ramp to the lift was dark aswell.

I mean I know I haven't been there in quite a long time, but since when were there only 2 rides left in Dreamworld?

Edited by reanimated35

Well, there may have been only two rides operating that day. :P This is Dreamworld.

On another note, I have heard that Dreamworld are in talks for the development of a major new ride. Now, before everyone flames me about the Dippin' Dots Guy, I'm not going to post my source. The person is in a managerial position. I'm just saying because I've seen WWW Worker post something in here too.

I agree. They are not going to sit idly by while VRTP keep putting in new attraction after attraction. Dreamworld have to keep re-inventing themselves to stay in line with the Village Parks. I am confident that all the complaints we currently have ( Eureka SBNO, Paddle Steamer SBNO, the remnants of the Chair lift remaining, etc) will sort themselves out in good time. Remember it was not all that long ago we were mostly as a group ( myself included) complaining about Movieworld and SeaWorld's ride closures. I am sure they have a grand scheme to implement over the next few years.

Not necessarily, they've been investing a lot in flat rides lately. Not to mention they last invested in a "good" rollercoaster called Buzzsaw.

I liked Buzzsaw, but the fact is, Buzzsaw is far too short(good... but short), Cyclone is old(and STILL better suited to it's original location), Motocoaster is SHIT, Eureka is SBNO(Why?), Tower is a technical coaster(but most people wouldn't actually call it one, given it's not a full circuit), Runaway Raptar(can't remember the new name) is for kids....

They need a good brand new coaster, it's not worth arguing about. Kill two birds with one stone and replace Eureka with it. Make it a dark ride and go for that whole "Haunted" theme(a Haunted Mine dark ride? keep the same ride name?) they are doing for that area. Guess it would be an "update" if they kept the same name and "mine coaster" style of ride, but obviously make it a Ghost theme. Consider another Coaster out there for Rocky Hollow a few years later(a woodie). Actually have a plan for future development(and a plan for the studios when Big Brother eventually gets tired and old again).

Personally think they should also consider refurbishing and rethemeing the Log Ride and the River Rapids. If they've decided to take care of Eureka, why not give the Rapids some minor alterations(would have to work on it anyway, just as Seaworld is doing to the Vikings Revenge)?

Edited by colliric_855

But Motocoaster is the best ride in Australia?

Funfields, or some other local funpark should help them replace it, and just plain offer to buy it off 'em for a couple of million bucks(if they've got it, offer whatever they can offer). Far more suitable place for a SHIT ride like that one. Can keep the same theme too.

That deserves to be in a funpark, not a proper Theme Park. Dreamworld should just admit they made a mistake with that ride, cut their losses, and sell it to the highest bidder, hopefully keep it here(as bad as it is, seeing it go overseas would be dissapointing). Send it to a place that's starved for coasters of any kind. Would Aussie World take it? does LPS have the room? Can Funfields recycle another Gold Coast ride?

I seriously doubt the ride will stay at Dreamworld for it's entire lifespan, unless removal costs would be too high? They should sell it after a few more years(perhaps when it's 10th anniversary comes up), or even now if they've got the cash to afford getting rid of it(which they probably don't).

Edited by colliric_855

Once Big Brother finally get cancelled forever Dreamworld can finally reinvent themselves. They will then have lots more land to develop bigger and better attractions. A wooden coaster would look best where the studios currently are so you can view it from the carpark. I'm sure Dreamworld realise that WVTP's are beating them but one day Dreamworld will once again be the best Gold Coast park.