Aussie World Ride Questionnaire

Jobe

Hi all

Not sure if anybody saw this but as it has not been mentioned yet, Aussie World have put out on Facebook a ride questionnaire regarding what attractions people would most like to see at Aussie World.

276574_114201288605731_2033613550_q.jpg

We'd like to hear from you! Please complete this survey for your chance to win one of ten family passes to Aussie World. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JQHZRYH
Its great to see small parks like this seek direction from the general public and its patrons as to what type of attraction they would desire to see come to Aussie World. Since my visit to Aussie World 18 months ago, I have been very impressed with everything that this family owned park has brought to the table and the way they are conducting their business. They feel like a park that really cares about its customer base and genuinely want to provide the best possible experience. Its exciting times now that smaller Australian parks like Aussie World and Adventure World are starting to up the ante on their attraction base and provide an alternative destination to the Gold Coast stranglehold on the industry in this country. Now if only both Luna Parks could start to re-invest attractionwise like these 2 parks have done, then it would be very exciting times for Aussie theme park fans indeed. If you have not filled out the survey on Facebook then I urge you to do so and lend your voice and opinion to help shape Aussie World's next attraction.

Really Randy? That's very interesting!! The Air Race would have been a great addition to Aussie World's line up. This makes sense as when I was there last , several operators said that the park was looking at getting a ride that went upside down. I had wondered what had happened to those plans. Let's hope that they are looking at several excellent options for the future expansion of the park. If they were to get a flat, what do you guys think would be a good addition??

Really Randy? That's very interesting!! The Air Race would have been a great addition to Aussie World's line up. This makes sense as when I was there last , several operators said that the park was looking at getting a ride that went upside down. I had wondered what had happened to those plans. Let's hope that they are looking at several excellent options for the future expansion of the park. If they were to get a flat, what do you guys think would be a good addition??

Yeah, Aussie World was being tight. A new ride (2nd Hand ride) will be built I think at the end of this year leading into next year. Plans are that the ride will be shipped to Aussie World and they will be do re-paint etc, like what they have done to the Plunge. There are plan for new rides near the slide ;)

That sounds excellent Randy!! Thanks for the info!! I noticed you said "rides". Do the plans specifically call for more than one?? Do you have any details on timeframes or what they are looking at?? Aussie World have done very well with their second hand pickups ( virtually the entire park excluding Redback have been obtained from the second hand market) . It's a shame that something like Sega World's Rail Chase isn't on the market now- I am sure that Aussie World could have given that ride some love and a great new home without it having to go overseas! Hopefully there are plans for a second coaster at some point!!

No timeframes at this stage as it's Aussie World things can change, but you might see a new ride at the end of the year or def next year. (Easter maybe?)

Leakin logs was planned to open last Feb but opened before Christmas. So you can see things don't go to plan with Aussie World. Just also Aussie World did buy the old Dodgems cars from Dreamworld. They are up and running. :) Also Unconfirmed at this stage of a small water park with slides in a couple of years down the track. But no word yet. But at this stage you will see a 2nd hand ride coming to Aussie World to add to the collections.

• 8 months later...

I'm sure I read it somewhere else on the boards, but I can't find it.

Construction well underway right now at AW at the back behind Redback and the Plunge. By the looks of things, we've got ourselves a star flyer

e6b5f66e337cea9b647e62314ec9ce19.jpg

(Obviously not this one, but one like it)

They were in the process of building fixed steps, laying foundations for cement and general earthworks. There was also a tenative suggestion of the new Pinfari coaster they're putting in, but as yet - nothing has appeared on site for it.

The project information said that the project was to commence 5/9/13 and complete 20/12/13... so they're a little behind!

Since i'm here, a quick review ( i don't think it's worth creating a new thread)

• Front entrance ticket staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful.
  • 'opening times' - the park is open from 9am, where you can 'help yourself' to play putt putt. Rides open from 10am... or whenever the operator gets to the ride from the 'pre-opening meeting'... which could be 10... or 10:15.
  • Putt Putt was a good way to kill some time - but a little upkeep on the 'greens' would have been nice. On a busy long weekend at the end of the school holidays, i'd have liked to have seen some of the leaf litter, sticks, and other crap cleared off the actual playing surface - even a leaf blower wouldn't have taken that long....
  • For my first ride on Redback and the Plunge, both were enjoyable (although I prefer Shockwave as an experience - but the ride envelope of redback was by far the cleaner of the two). Simple but nicely themed, it is a good sign of things to come.
  • Rock'N'Roll Rebel is still one of my favourites at AW. It was disappointing that some of the scanners (moving mirror lights for the uneducated) were offline blown bulbs. It used to be one of their premier attractions and was maintained immaculately - not so much anymore.
  • Wild mouse was being run by one operator. I never knew that that was possible - but essentially - with three cars on the track, he loads two, sends one up the lift hill while the other is held behind the pre-lift brake block. The third stays in the station, unattended and untouched, while he goes around to the unload, and stands by the brake lever waiting for the two to come around. Other parks have cut operations to save on staffing, but usually they've done it by improving the technology. LoadUnload may be slow, but at least it's constant.
  • All the other old favourites - from the Booma Zooma, Mozzie Musta, Dodgems and the Voyager Simulator (Voyager has had a repaint and it looks good) - it's also great to see the large sunshade area in the middle... everything was looking good...
  • ...except for the giant slide. It's the kind of attraction you see on level one in roller coaster tycoon that was constantly breaking down and catching fire... the last time I saw one of them was on an advertisement for El Caballo Blanco in like - 1986. It is however nice and neatly presented, showing minimal wear and tear, and hopefully is just a filler attraction until they improve their attraction base a bit more.
  • With minimal queues (read:none) I found 2 rotations of the ferris wheel a little underwhelming.
  • The 'town hall' cinema was open, with signage saying 'continuous showing - enter any time' - I walked in to find a nicely air-conditioned room... with no projection and absolute silence - a big thumbs down here - that an attraction listed as open (website said it was closed on 24/1/14 only) wasn't operating, and no attendant, sign or closed door to tell you it was down.
  • Cafe staff were attentive and food was good for the simple fare they offered
  • Gift shop staff carrying on a conversation best described as inappropriate in the staff room with the door open without even realising I was there was probably not a good look - stocking apparel marked as "XL" that was the same size as a 'children's size 6' needs looking at. Their polo shirts were $40, and is usually the first item I buy at any place I visit - and whilst I normally fit an XL to an XXL, I'd have needed a 6XL based on their sizings.
External shops...
  • Not really within control of the park - but there needs to be some spring cleaning put through the carpark retailers... some of them have lost touch with what it means to be a shopkeeper. One shop in particular had more 'dont touch, no food, no drink, you break it you bought it, parents please don't allow your children to..., don't this, don't that, that I just walked back out.
  • The 'wood' guy had some nice stuff.
  • Fudge co had some impressive flavours, but they needed vanilla.
  • Lolly shop staff were by far the best on the strip

All in all - we spent about 4 hours going through the park and the shops, did everything we wanted to do, and then back on the road before MOST of the southbound holiday traffic blocked the bruce hwy... the best thing I'll say about AW is that you won't queue much, if at all... something that may change once the new attractions go in...

Excellent news AlexB!! A starflyer will be an excellent addition to AussieWorld, more so than the more common WaveSwinger!! At this stage no other park in Australia has one of these rides and this will be a good attraction to continue to add to their growing popularity!!

What was the suggestion of the coaster you were talking about?? Hopefully we get some more info regarding this soon!!

It looks like Aussie World is progressing along nicely!!! Looking forward to re-visiting later in the year with the family!!

Gate staff said the swings (which I later saw to be the star flyer) and a coaster - that was as much info as they gave. I included Pinfari because i'm almost certain someone else has already mentioned the introduction of the Pinfari Wild Wind... but of course I could be wrong - thats just relying on my own memory for that one.

<30 minutes of searching later>

Nope: I was wrong - Found the thread:

So looks like it is a wave swinger - i didn't get any pictures but it didn't look like any wave swinger i've ever seen, and looked very much like the star flyer. Oh well - The PDonline description does say it is a Zierer model, so it's kind of hard to mistake it for anything else really.

On the subject of them having swings already - my ride on the Booma Zooma (current chair swings) did have some areas of concern - the (fibreglass?) seats were chipped and peeled, especially around the mounts for the chains, and the chair was a very snug fit. Because the seat is a 'tractor seat' it has no backrest, so they've improvised with a steel band shackled to the chain about 8 inches up from the seat. the shackles were also a little uncomfortable if they sat in the wrong spot. Perhaps the Wave Swinger at the other end of the park will see the Booma Zooma retired, paving way for the park to spread out a little, and be a little more balanced...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!! Thanks Troy81!! Just to clarify that this is definitely a WaveSwinger and not a SkyFlyer as previously reported by AlexB? A WaveSwinger is a great addition to this great family park but I think a SkyFlyer would have been far better attraction- its rarity in Australia would have really put the park on the map!! Bring on the reported Pinfari coaster!!

Nice!! Thanks Troy81!! Just to clarify that this is definitely a WaveSwinger and not a SkyFlyer as previously reported by AlexB?

I already corrected that:

Nope: I was wrong - Found the thread:

So looks like it is a wave swinger - i didn't get any pictures but it didn't look like any wave swinger i've ever seen, and looked very much like the star flyer. Oh well - The PDonline description does say it is a Zierer model, so it's kind of hard to mistake it for anything else really.

Yep you did. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry it got lost in translation. I guess I was fixated on the original classification of it being a StarFlyer and thinking that is MUCH better than a common WaveSwinger. Still it must have been in very early stages of construction for you to mistake it as a StarFlyer- they are fairly dissimilar rides when completed!! Does anyone have any pics of the completed product??

• 1 month later...

This has not been mentioned by anyone as yet but Aussie World have just announced on Facebook a new attraction other than the aforementioned confirmed new Waveswinger and the unconfirmed ( at this stage) Pinfari coaster.

This is what they had to say on Facebook;

1187022_836228536402999_1930751039_t.jpg
Like This PageLiked · 18 hrs

A major transformation of our iconic Town Hall has begun. Opening mid-2014 will be an exciting new attraction in its place that will absolutely blow your mind! Stay tuned for more details…

Not sure what this could be?? Any ideas anyone?? Perhaps a 3D or 4D cinema?? The space is not that big so not sure what this could be!!

This could be the reason when you visited AlexB that the existing attraction was not operating??

Will have to check the sunny coast's PDonline unless Gazza beats me to it to see if they've applied for anything - it would be a shame to lose the 'old world' look and architecture of the building but it is severely underutilised as it is.

Whatever it is - good to see AW moving forward with not 1, but THREE new attractions at the same time. . . leaps and bounds for sure...

Stopped at the Ettamogah Pub for dinner on Saturday Evening. Park was already closed but the Waveswinger was looking good. From what I could see the ride itself was complete and they were working on a facade behind it. It looked like it has a 'European-style' theme, but I couldn't make it out (or take photos) due to poor light.

As a side note, the meals at Bluey's Bistro in the pub are always great if you are heading up the coast. I have stopped there a few times and never been disappointed.

Not quite sure how large the Town Hall is, but it sounds like the new ride will be integrated into it? Surely that'd limit some options.

Would the building be big enough for a smaller version of one of Vekoma's Mad House rides - i.e. Hex at Alton Towers? Could be a cool addition. I think a walkthrough is more likely, however.

Yep its looking like this is definitely going to be a walk through attraction of some kind involving lasers and mirrors. A futuristic mirror maze in the style of the Gold Coast's Infinity walk through attraction would be most welcome indeed!!! It will be interesting to see how this attraction progresses!

Edited by Jobe