Dreamworld's PR

Gary86

Funny comments made by Dreamworld on their Facebook page

"the mine cart ride was one of our favourites but unfortunately it couldn't last forever. We miss the mine ride too"

Really? Dreamworld miss the Mine Ride? It's been rotting away since 2006 with no replacement.

"The Rapid Ride does not use less water than it used to, infact there are more water features than before on the ride"

The start of this video shows that there were elephants that sprayed water. That's a water feature that is no longer there.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNN0cMPym9w

"We have retired the chairlift as attraction, but you can still see parts of the old ride through the park."

It seems Dreamworld are proud of there old rides decaying around the park.

Edited by Gary86

Just because they haven't removed directly replaced it, it doesn't mean they don't miss it. Technically any ride that was installed after it was closed was a 'replacement'.

Just because a water feature is missing, it doesn't mean there is less than there was before. they said 'more water features than before... they never said they were the same ones...

As for the chairlift.... i got nothing.

One of the pylons in AWE is themed to a water tank, but in general it just looks bad. That said, the chairlift is probably the least of their problems. The boat and Eureka are much more embarrassing, but I guess it goes with the decaying theme park theme the park is trying to convey at the moment... Oh, wait...

"We have retired the chairlift as attraction, but you can still see parts of the old ride through the park." It seems Dreamworld are proud of there old rides decaying around the park.

That's hysterical! I love that they try to use the ride's remnants as a selling feature. Next they'll be suggesting that the asphalt paths around Dreamworld are actually a type of ride/attraction. I mean, you get to walk along them, so they are kind of like a track - a sort of 'roller coaster', if you will. Sort of reminds me of how Wonderland's PR department must have felt when Sunway took over: trying to excuse the fact that there really just isn't sufficient investment in the park.

Next they'll be suggesting that the asphalt paths around Dreamworld are actually a type of ride/attraction.

Well give someone a wheelchair for that bridge between Goldrush, giant drop and rocky hollow. Sad thing is it would be more thrilling than Motocoaster...

Don't let the rose coloured glasses fool you, Thunderbolt was a piece of crap. Rough as guts, with a dull layout after the loops. You wouldnt say the train negotiated corners, rather it slammed into the bend in the track until it was facing the right direction. Add to that it was run down and basically a relic, it is no shock, loss or surprise it's not around anymore.

Don't let the rose coloured glasses fool you, Thunderbolt was a piece of crap. Rough as guts, with a dull layout after the loops. You wouldnt say the train negotiated corners, rather it slammed into the bend in the track until it was facing the right direction. Add to that it was run down and basically a relic, it is no shock, loss or surprise it's not around anymore.

Meh, Scenic Railway almost smashed my kneecaps last time I rode it... Still loved it, I guess rough coasters are kindof my thing. loved Lethal Weapon, loved Eureka(and that was rough too), loved Thunderbolt, Love Sea Viper, and the roughest one of all the rough coasters in our country, Scenic Railway, I love the most...

Meh, Scenic Railway almost smashed my kneecaps last time I rode it... Still loved it, I guess rough coasters are kindof my thing. loved Lethal Weapon, loved Eureka(and that was rough too), loved Thunderbolt, Love Sea Viper, and the roughest one of all the rough coasters in our country, Scenic Railway, I love the most...

I have ridden Scenic Railway quite a number of times and I can honestly say that I would hardly put it in the "rough" category of coaster. Also putting it in the same standing as Thunderbolt is superfluous-Scenic Railway is a iconic,historical landmark that is loved by thousands. Thunderbolt was neither, and as Joz has pointed out, was hardly lamented at its demise.

I have ridden Scenic Railway quite a number of times and I can honestly say that I would hardly put it in the "rough" category of coaster. Also putting it in the same standing as Thunderbolt is superfluous-Scenic Railway is a iconic,historical landmark that is loved by thousands. Thunderbolt was neither, and as Joz has pointed out, was hardly lamented at its demise.

Yeah I knew that. I'm very tall(6 foot plus) and I can tell you, it's the roughest coaster in this country that any tall person can ride. I damn near smashed my kneecaps last time because I wasn't in a fully braced position and my knees were right up against the wood(have to be, not enough room for a high 6 footer). If you're average height you might not have a problem, but for a tall person who is a little overweight, it'll smash your legs worse than Lethal Weapon did to your head, unless you manage to stay fully braced through the whole ride and the breaksman does a very smooth job. I hobbled out of it with a soreback and painful kneecaps(was seriously worried of an Injury, but it was luckily just well bruised). I've ridden it many times and most times it'll be "not bad" on the legs, but sometimes I get knocked out of my braced position and they'll get seriously wacked around as will my back. Edited by colliric_855