Shifting themes? - Movie World/Sea World

GoGoBoy

My point is, when someone mentions SeaWorld to you, you don't automatically think of crocs and gorillas

To clarify, I wasn't having a dig (I know it sounded like I was). I just meant that Village Parks of late seem to care little about the connection to each park's original theme or intention. However, I see a closer connection between Sea World and the wild theme - as long as they remain predominantly a marine-based park. Movie World however, as much as I still love most of what they do, seems to have completely let go of the movie theme

What was movieworld's "movie" line up apart from the sound effect tour and stunt show? I mean everything they have can easily be linked back to a movie though. Yes, they've veered away slightly from what it has been in the past, but I'd hardly say they've completely let go of it.

Excluding Looney Tunes Village... there was the great gremlins adventure... the young einstein gravity homestead.... pretty sure the original batman adventure... and as you say the police academy stunt show and the movie magic special effects tour (as well as the soundstage studio tour trams), along with the wild west stunt show in the showstage... back when it was more 'open'...

Can't think of anything else in the park at that time...

Movie World has just changed is all. When it opened it's movie theme was about making movies and now it's movie them is attractions based on movies. So it hasn't lost its Movie Theme it's just changed.

Have to disagree with that. They USED to build attractions based on movies eg. Lethal Weapon and Wild Wild West (now Wild West Falls) but now they just build attractions based on DC or whatever else eg. Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern (can't say it's based on the movie version), Justice League, Mini Kids Driving School... if it hasn't been axed

Movie World has just changed is all. When it opened it's movie theme was about making movies and now it's movie them is attractions based on movies. So it hasn't lost its Movie Theme it's just changed.

Exactly

Have to disagree with that. They USED to build attractions based on movies eg. Lethal Weapon and Wild Wild West (now Wild West Falls) but now they just build attractions based on DC or whatever else eg. Arkham Asylum, Green Lantern (can't say it's based on the movie version), Justice League, Mini Kids Driving School... if it hasn't been axed

Everything bar the mini kids driving (I'll come to that in a sec) can easily be related back to movies though. It doesn't need to be based off the movie itself, just has to have some kind of tie-in. What did a rollercoaster have to do with lethal weapon anyway?

As for the driving, wasn't that going to be themed to a mini version of MW? If so, it still fits in nicely. If they go with that option too, I'd love to see the theming with working miniatures of each coaster in the park. That would be awesome.

What was movieworld's "movie" line up apart from the sound effect tour and stunt show? I mean everything they have can easily be linked back to a movie though. Yes, they've veered away slightly from what it has been in the past, but I'd hardly say they've completely let go of it.

Great Gremlins adventure, and a focus on the historical aspects of Looney Tunes.

Exactly

Everything bar the mini kids driving (I'll come to that in a sec) can easily be related back to movies though. It doesn't need to be based off the movie itself, just has to have some kind of tie-in. What did a rollercoaster have to do with lethal weapon anyway?

As for the driving, wasn't that going to be themed to a mini version of MW? If so, it still fits in nicely. If they go with that option too, I'd love to see the theming with working miniatures of each coaster in the park. That would be awesome.

But they used to make an obvious attempt to link the rides to a corresponding movie. For example, the elaborate chinatown area of Lethal Weapon, the car yard and the pre-show movie they played in the cinema. Same with Scooby - the massive pre-show area showed a video with behind the scenes of the Scooby movie. The theming used throughout Scooby was also taken directly from the movie. And again with Wild Wild West - that was the actual name of a movie featuring Will Smith

Edited by GoGoBoy

Ok, fair enough, I put a challenge to you all then. (Plus it's been a while since one was done)

Re-theme GL to fit a movie theme.

Rules:

1. Ride layout & location must remain same

2. Colours can change, but should still fit the surrounds

3. Has to be realistic

4. Must be within the space the park used for the current ride/theming

5. Must fit a movie with decent longevity

Edited by reanimated35

Ok, fair enough, I put a challenge to you all then. (Plus it's been a while since one was done)

Re-theme GL to fit a movie theme.

Rules:

1. Ride layout & location must remain same

2. Colours can change, but should still fit the surrounds

3. Has to be realistic

4. Must be within the space the park used for the current ride/theming

5. Must fit a movie with decent longevity

Despicable Me

How to Train Your Dragon

Epic

Labyrinth

Iron Man

After Earth

And in recent light of the E3 expo, ill add in some game options like Arkham has.

Titanfall

Knack

Far Cry

Deadpool

Infamous

Saints Row

And Watch Dogs.

Ok, fair enough, I put a challenge to you all then. (Plus it's been a while since one was done) Re-theme GL to fit a movie theme. Rules: 1. Ride layout & location must remain same 2. Colours can change, but should still fit the surrounds 3. Has to be realistic 4. Must be within the space the park used for the current ride/theming 5. Must fit a movie with decent longevity

Just plain tie it to the Green Lantern movie.... It was successful enough. Replace the comic stuff, with a pre-ride based on how it was all presented in the actual film. Perhaps replace the queue art with a display of the relevant scenes from the film, Or just plain have the comic art in the outer queue and add scenes from the film(on video monitors) to the inner queue(near the ride itself). Give it a thicker story near the ride itself. Pick a different ride, one that doesn't directly have a direct franchise it could be tied into. Edited by colliric_855

Despicable Me

How to Train Your Dragon

Epic

Labyrinth

Iron Man

After Earth

And in recent light of the E3 expo, ill add in some game options like Arkham has.

Titanfall

Knack

Far Cry

Deadpool

Infamous

Saints Row

And Watch Dogs.

The original question was meant to imply you do this on paper/design it.

Also yay the Saints Row ride, is that like Justice League but you are shooting hookers instead?

Just plain tie it to the Green Lantern movie.... It was successful enough. Replace the comic stuff, with a pre-ride based on how it was all presented in the actual film. Perhaps replace the queue art with a display of the relevant scenes from the film, Or just plain have the comic art in the outer queue and add scenes from the film to the inner queue(near the ride itself). Pick a different ride, one that doesn't directly have a direct franchise it could be tied into.

I've heard nothing but bad reviews of that movie lol.

GL was chosen as it is one of the recent additions and hasn't been done before.

I personally think green lantern is a suitable theme, it fits into the surround "super hero hub", although the execution of the theme could have been much better. I think the location of the ride made for an awkward queue area that looks tacky and is hard to theme well. The other indoor queues look great i.e scooby, Arkham and justice league. Supermans queue I feel is also a bit underwhelming, the video/Audio loop is the only thing that ties that queue to the ride.

I've heard nothing but bad reviews of that movie lol. GL was chosen as it is one of the recent additions and hasn't been done before.

Scooby Doo was a shit film as well... Didn't affect the ride. Actually kindof was a good thing for the ride. Besides Ryan Reynolds is set to be in a sequel(successful enough) and also the upcoming Justice League film(in the pipeline). So it's got a longterm future from what I can tell. Superman should recieve a makeover in the Queue area also. Tie it a little to the Henry Cavill incarnation(Fingers crossed it's a great film!!!), wouldn't take much. Not sure how they'd do it, but it would be more interesting. Edited by colliric_855

Scooby Doo was a shit film as well... Didn't affect the ride. Actually kindof was a good thing for the ride. Besides Ryan Reynolds is set to be in a sequel(successful enough) and also the upcoming Justice League film(in the pipeline). So it's got a longterm future from what I can tell. Superman should recieve a makeover in the Queue area also. Tie it a little to the Henry Cavill incarnation(Fingers crossed it's a great film!!!), wouldn't take much. Not sure how they'd do it, but it would be more interesting.

In reality Green Lantern II will not happen. The first film performed extremely badly and Warner Brother's executives are understandably nervous to commit to a sequel. Green Lantern will appear in Justice League perhaps before then. I think the theme of the ride is fine as it is. It DOES tie in with the franchise and does fill out the DC hub in that area of Movieworld quite well and is a recognizable , marketable property. It fulfills it's purpose in this regard.

In reality Green Lantern II will not happen. The first film performed extremely badly and Warner Brother's executives are understandably nervous to commit to a sequel. Green Lantern will appear in Justice League perhaps before then. I think the theme of the ride is fine as it is. It DOES tie in with the franchise and does fill out the DC hub in that area of Movieworld quite well and is a recognizable , marketable property. It fulfills it's purpose in this regard.

It was kinda tied into the film in the first place anyway. But yeah this was in response to his "make it a film theme" challenge.

Ryan Reynolds has publicly stayed that whilst he is contracted for 2 more films, he has no intention or desire to be involved in Green Lantern movies again. Was not invested or interested in the role or script. Unless a Nolan or Whedon type director get involved, there will not be another Green Lantern, well not with Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds has publicly stayed that whilst he is contracted for 2 more films, he has no intention or desire to be involved in Green Lantern movies again. Was not invested or interested in the role or script. Unless a Nolan or Whedon type director get involved, there will not be another Green Lantern, well not with Reynolds

The Justice League film is due in 2015(at the earliest), and his character will NOT be rebooted from what has been revealed about it at this early stage. Reynolds has about a year or more to decide if he wants to be involved(it should shoot late next year), and I think they should at least offer him the script so he could read it. Movies take at least 5 years(on average) from story conception to the Silver Screen. They're not like rides, they can take many many years(some have taken almost 20 years of "development hell", Superman Returns... Mad Max 4....Indiana Jones 4) Edited by colliric_855

The Justice League film is due in 2015(at the earliest), and his character will NOT be rebooted from what has been revealed about it at this early stage. Reynolds has about a year or more to decide if he wants to be involved(it should shoot late next year), and I think they should at least offer him the script so he could read it. Movies take at least 5 years(on average) from story conception to the Silver Screen. They're not like rides, they can take many many years(some have taken almost 20 years of "development hell", Superman Returns... Mad Max 4....Indiana Jones 4)

Wrong. The Justice League movie has no release date, and most certainly will not hit screens prior 2017-18. There is no script, after the previous script was rejected. After the success of Man of Steel, Warner Bros & DC are pushing forward with a sequel to Man of Steel before looking at JL. Thanks for the unnecessary breakdown on film production times..

Wrong. The Justice League movie has no release date, and most certainly will not hit screens prior 2017-18. There is no script, after the previous script was rejected. After the success of Man of Steel, Warner Bros & DC are pushing forward with a sequel to Man of Steel before looking at JL. Thanks for the unnecessary breakdown on film production times..

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105557 Wrong. They want both to hit soon. Like Iron Man 3 and The Avengers did. That probably means they're going back-to-back. Ironic, because Superman was the first property WB tried this with all the way back in the Reeves era. "it seems fast" yes, but it's not like they didn't attempt this once before(before Donner got sacked and they had to reshoot Superman 2). Heck they could even write both films as one screenplay with an intermission. That's how they wrote the last Harry Potter film, and how Mario Puzo originally wrote Superman(1 and 2). Edited by colliric_855

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105557 Wrong. They want both to hit soon. Like Iron Man 3 and The Avengers did. That probably means they're going back-to-back. Ironic, because Superman was the first property WB tried this with all the way back in the Reeves era. "it seems fast" yes, but it's not like they didn't attempt this once before(before Donner got sacked and they had to reshoot Superman 2). Heck they could even write both films as one screenplay with an intermission. That's how they wrote the last Harry Potter film, and how Mario Puzo originally wrote Superman(1 and 2).

The article u quoted is completely speculative, which it even states itself. No chances of a MOS2 until 2015 at least - they are not going to write a script, film & edit within - 18 months! JL WILL NOT happen within next 4 years. It's been in planning for 8 years!

Most of it matches what I said There is no script or screenplay. They have a blank slate at the moment The direction is not settled on It won't be ready for 2015, maybe late 2016 at the earliest, even then I think that's unlikely.