laurie

orphan rocker opening

58 posts in this topic

I will believe it when i see it (SERIOUSLY). We spoke about this topic a couple of years back on this forum. This project has attained mythical status since the early 1980's when it was first built. The track which twists it's way around the top of Scenic World was first installed circa 1982 and has sat untouched for the past 30 years or so (for those who don't know, the track is still there). I saw it as a kid in 1983 and hoped to ride it the next time i was at Scenic World. I'm still waiting to ride it. There have no doubt been millions of tourists since who share the same thoughts.

Edited by pinksmile

Yeah given the actual owner of the ride has said there are no firm plans or timeline to open/finish it, I wouldn't get too excited.

im sure after 31 years the track whould have alot of rust from been lift sbno for such a long time ?

Easy to fix...

Appeared to be a park ranger, and taking to you on YouTube. How does 1 appear to be a park ranger on YouTube? Sounds legit to me.

Appeared to state it in his comments and the videos that were on his page. I wonder if this guy is the same source who talked to this user here.

Nope , it was this guy....

attachicon.gifWalkerTitle.jpg

Which is why no one is arguing. Bring on the Orphan Rocker! ;)

As you can see laurie, hardly anybody is taking this seriously. There have been far too many rumours over the DECADES about the completion of the Orphan Rocker and still nothing. Sorry for the downbeat comment, but that is the fact of the matter.

Don't discount these guys.... pr_zps87ec9ccf.jpg

Was more of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan.... 1987(1989 in Australia) edition. Although Kimberly was hot! Edited by colliric_855

The sourcE was a tour guide he said yes I personally was surprised he would tell me so i asked about the rust he said there getting new track and that every tour gide is now allowed to speak about this info NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by laurie

With the amount of research the greater community has on this thing, and how many times the project has been knocked back in favour of ideas that would/will make more money in their park, while it wouldn't surprise me if orphan rockers day has finally come, ill take it as fact when I see photos of something actually happening, and not just hearsay.

It is worth noting that the Hammon family have always stated their desire and commitment to opening Orphan Rocker to the public one day. Of course there has never been a timeline put on it but do not discount that one day the real possibility of it opening.

Edited by Jobe

Opening within a decade isn't news so much as vague, wishful plans. To be honest I don't care whether or not Oprhan Rocker ever opens. The trackwork looks terrible and I imagine it'd be rough and slow to ride.

Edited by alex_1

Opening within a decade isn't news so much as vague, wishful plans. To be honest I don't care whether or not Oprhan Rocker ever opens. The trackwork looks terrible and I imagine it'd be rough and slow to ride.

Yeah but it isn't exactly suppose to be a thrill-ride.

More like a more "breathtaking" experience.

Like this:

only on a rollercoaster instead.

Edited by colliric_855

Please tell me you didn't just liken a zipline to a rollercoaster based purely on both going through a scenic location? Orphan Rocker, from the time it was decided for it to take the form of a rollercoaster vs a monorail, has first & foremost been designed to thrill and scare passengers.

Please tell me you didn't just liken a zipline to a rollercoaster based purely on both going through a scenic location?.

The point is it is mostly about the scenery, not the "thrill factor".

No... Orphan Rocker was designed for thrill. it had nothing to do with scenery - and everything to do with running down a hill to the edge of a cliff making you fear falling over the edge. The unique 'rocking' train design was also developed to further emphasise the fear factor.

RWC - Orphan has been the subject of many threads and many posts on this thread over the years. We've had the hammond's on here talking directly to us several times. Believe me when I say - we know what we're talking about - especially those that have been around a while. So if you want to try and disagree with us, you're gunna have a bad time.