orphan rocker opening

laurie

I will believe it when i see it (SERIOUSLY). We spoke about this topic a couple of years back on this forum. This project has attained mythical status since the early 1980's when it was first built. The track which twists it's way around the top of Scenic World was first installed circa 1982 and has sat untouched for the past 30 years or so (for those who don't know, the track is still there). I saw it as a kid in 1983 and hoped to ride it the next time i was at Scenic World. I'm still waiting to ride it. There have no doubt been millions of tourists since who share the same thoughts.

Edited by pinksmile

im sure after 31 years the track whould have alot of rust from been lift sbno for such a long time ?

Easy to fix...

Appeared to be a park ranger, and taking to you on YouTube. How does 1 appear to be a park ranger on YouTube? Sounds legit to me.

Appeared to state it in his comments and the videos that were on his page. I wonder if this guy is the same source who talked to this user here.

The sourcE was a tour guide he said yes I personally was surprised he would tell me so i asked about the rust he said there getting new track and that every tour gide is now allowed to speak about this info NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by laurie

With the amount of research the greater community has on this thing, and how many times the project has been knocked back in favour of ideas that would/will make more money in their park, while it wouldn't surprise me if orphan rockers day has finally come, ill take it as fact when I see photos of something actually happening, and not just hearsay.

Opening within a decade isn't news so much as vague, wishful plans. To be honest I don't care whether or not Oprhan Rocker ever opens. The trackwork looks terrible and I imagine it'd be rough and slow to ride.

Edited by alex_1

Opening within a decade isn't news so much as vague, wishful plans. To be honest I don't care whether or not Oprhan Rocker ever opens. The trackwork looks terrible and I imagine it'd be rough and slow to ride.

Yeah but it isn't exactly suppose to be a thrill-ride.

More like a more "breathtaking" experience.

Like this:

only on a rollercoaster instead.

Edited by colliric_855

No... Orphan Rocker was designed for thrill. it had nothing to do with scenery - and everything to do with running down a hill to the edge of a cliff making you fear falling over the edge. The unique 'rocking' train design was also developed to further emphasise the fear factor.

RWC - Orphan has been the subject of many threads and many posts on this thread over the years. We've had the hammond's on here talking directly to us several times. Believe me when I say - we know what we're talking about - especially those that have been around a while. So if you want to try and disagree with us, you're gunna have a bad time.