Movie World Lockers

Shadovv

Quick question: going to MW tomorrow for first time in 10 years and just wondering if the lockers are whole day things or not? And can they be accessed more than once? I'd like to put stuff in there at the start of the day, get wallet out and back in for the afternoon session without paying another rental.

All day lockers are available near the Photo Centre for $10 in coins (if you need change see the Photo Centre).

Single use lockers are available at Superman Escape and Green Lantern for $2 for 1 hour hire. These are the only rides that require locker hire. Small items are allowed at Green Lantern at your own risk. No loose items are allowed for Superman Escape. Loose item boxes are available at Arkham Asylum.

All day lockers are available near the Photo Centre for $10 in coins (if you need change see the Photo Centre).

Single use lockers are available at Superman Escape and Green Lantern for $2 for 1 hour hire. These are the only rides that require locker hire. Small items are allowed at Green Lantern at your own risk. No loose items are allowed for Superman Escape. Loose item boxes are available at Arkham Asylum.

Just to clarify the rules for GL: If I had a backpack on me, can I leave that in the item boxes? Or is it more for singular items such as phone/wallet/glasses/hat?

Edited by Luke

We were the first people through the gate this morning and hired a locker for the day. Was very busy as it was the first nice day of the school holidays week but we just managed to get in every ride. Was nice that they run the rides past 5pm to clear the queues (was worried we would be turned away at 5pm after 30min in line) Absolutely loved all the coasters but I think Arkham Asylum narrowly takes the trophy ahead of the superman for me :)

That's always been the parks policy, if your in a line by closing time (5pm or sometimes 5:30pm in xmas holidays) you will get on the ride still unless something unforeseen happens like the ride breaking down. It's also why say with Fright Nights the ride might "close" at 9pm but they will close the lines at say 8:30 to ensure everyone is off before the noise restrictions kick in. As far as Arkham goes, glad to see you enjoyed it. The new trains have really made such a big difference on what was arguably one of the worst coasters on the coast. I still wish they had found a way to relieve the pain on your legs from the harness pushing down.

I've ridden this a few times since the refit, and come to the conclusion that it isn't the harness pushing down - what it is is the forces of the ride permitting you to slide forward just a little, to the point your legs become wedged between the seat and the harness. Unless your harness isn't locked in tight enough to begin with, it doesn't get tighter as the ride goes on, its just that you shift in your seat between start and finish.

i'd have liked to have seen them invest in the second train - arkham has breathed new life into this ol' girl... sure it's popularity isn't anywhere near what it could be, but i feel like much of that is the closure of the chinatown alleyway - which used to channel most people to it's entrance. It's now hidden behind SE (hidden in plain sight), and nobody sees it.

At least when you came down chinatown alley, you'd see the track at the end, you'd hear the roar of the train and the screams of the riders. SE does a very good job at blocking most visible parts of Arkham, and the wall-wrapping they've done, and the batman tower doesn't look like a ride, just a backdrop facade for Batwing JL.

Arkham needs to be made more visible, and IMHO - the only way they can do that is to reopen chinatown (rethemed of course).

Can you reopen/reclose the lockers now? last time I was there(Jan 2012) I don't recall the 2 hour ones being able to reclose. If you locked it and then found you still had your wallet or drink bottle in your pocket, you had to re-hire the locker for another $2. Can you do it on the all day ones?

Edited by colliric_855