1 - Replace Mine Ride

2 - Clean river

3 - Repair paddle boat

4 - New show for paddle boat

5 - Remove Motorcoaster

6 - Build new vintage cars in old Motorcoaster spot with excellent theming

7 - Rebuild Motorcoaster where vintage cars currently are with a new train

8 - Remove "Dreamworld Studios"

9 - Redesign the train track so it no longer goes around Blue Lagoon. Create a new "workshop/repair" area for the train.

10 - Build a new wooden rollercoaster in the space where the studios used to be. The studios can be rebuilt in the old Blue Lagoon area and a show can be added.

Edited by Gary86

1. Build more attractions at White Water World

2. Improve theming of rides in certain areas (Such as having the Claw in Ocean Parade) and Improve the theming and story of certain rides (Such as The Giant Drop and Shockwave). 3. Fix the Cyclone. It is a really uncomfortable ride. 4. Bring back the Skyway. 5. Bring back Eureka Mine Ride. 6. Upgrade the wildlife area. 7. Build a new ride/attraction where the old Blue Lagoon used to be. 8. Upgrade the Log Ride and River Rapids. It needs a new track and affects. 9. Making the Vintage Cars more exiting. It needs a tunnel, like the Vintage Cars in the old location.

10. Bring back the Paddle Boat, so the lake looks cleaner.

Edited by gdalby96

I added my take on your ideas Gary. Let's try to be realistic with our responses here?

1 - Replace Mine Ride

Good point

2 - Clean river

Last I checked the river is regularly Cleaned, not drinking water clean, but presentable clean.

3 - Repair paddle boat

Another good point, sure of would require some thought, but it isn't unsalvageable yet.

4 - New show for paddle boat

Package it as part of the boat refurb.

5 - Remove Motorcoaster

Stupid idea. It may not be the best thrill coaster, but it is still very popular with the young riders.

6 - Build new vintage cars in old Motorcoaster spot with excellent theming.

Why waste that money? Just give it some theming in its current spot

7 - Rebuild Motorcoaster where vintage cars currently are with a new train

And upset the animals?

8 - Remove "Dreamworld Studios"

And reduce another income stream for the park?

9 - Redesign the train track so it no longer goes around Blue Lagoon. Create a new "workshop/repair" area for the train.

Can't happen, that loop around BL is used as a way for the train the climb the gradient back to main street station level. The train would have big problems trying to go from Rocky Hollow around the base of the tower and up to Main Street level without it. And why create a new workshop for the train? If you move the workshop, you also need to find somewhere else for the fuel tanks and create easy access for It to be refilled.

10 - Build a new wooden rollercoaster in the space where the studios used to be. The studios can be rebuilt in the old Blue Lagoon area and a show can be added.

A Woodie would be good. An intamin prefab or a hybrid would be best suited to dreamworlds maintenance though, Edited by T-bone

1 - Replace Mine Ride 2 - Clean river 3 - Repair paddle boat 4 - New show for paddle boat 5 - Remove Motorcoaster 6 - Build new vintage cars in old Motorcoaster spot with excellent theming 7 - Rebuild Motorcoaster where vintage cars currently are with a new train 8 - Remove "Dreamworld Studios" 9 - Redesign the train track so it no longer goes around Blue Lagoon. Create a new "workshop/repair" area for the train. 10 - Build a new wooden rollercoaster in the space where the studios used to be. The studios can be rebuilt in the old Blue Lagoon area and a show can be added.

I'm not sure about Step 8 because Big Brother starts on 28th July (This month) and they need the stage

My post is probably more suited to but I never got around to putting my ideas out then, so here's 10 ideas:

1. As Slick said, first step is to get a new management team (or even a new owner) that realises significant investment can result in good returns.
  2. Go through the park and perform general maintenance on everything, e.g. painting (not Wiggles World colours everywhere please), cleaning etc.
  3. Remove the Motocoaster ... from the thrill rides list -- market it as a family ride, and there would probably be less disappointment from riders due to the shifted target market. While they're at it: ditch the Mick Doohan license, remove the overflow queue, reconfigure the standard queue area and merchandise shop to open the area up, relocate the V8 simulators, and retheme the area as the Rivertown Raceway or something. Given point 6 below some small land reclaimation or a boardwalk over the water may be the way to go here.
  4. Develop an apocalyptic themed area on the former site of Blue Lagoon. The path down to the area would be fairly similar with a new toilet block (marked A on the graphic below), merchandise shop (E) and food outlet (H). It would be headlined by a Rocky Mountain Construction/Alan Schilke wooden coaster (station at F and entrance at G). The ride would begin with a turnaround leading into a lift hill to the far side of Oakey Creek. A pre-drop, turn, and first drop follow. The track inclines over the railway line and enters into an inverse banked turn near the runout for the old toboggan ride for a great teaser/photo opportunity for those going down the path. Other elements present in RMC coasters would follow (e.g. double ups, double downs, overbanks, high speed floats) with a double barrel roll parallel to the railway line concluding the ride. The other attraction would be the rethemed AVPX laser tag with some sort of zombie theme. It would consist of an indoor queue ( B), briefing rooms © and relocated tent (D) for the main skirmish.
  5. Demolish Eureka and the Gold Rush chairlift station, and build "Eureka Mountain 2: The Forbidden Shaft". Gazza created a great proposal a few years back so full credit to him.
  6. As part of this year's AWE upgrade: remove the old chairlift station, remove the ramp to nowhere, and relocate the amenities to a north-west extension of the merchandise shop/train station. Repurpose the former Oakey Creek arena and surrounding area into a covered, but open-air, presentation venue suitable for a variety of wildlife presentations, e.g. bird shows.
  7. If Captain Sturt can't be fixed and it is just going to gather leaves and rot, remove it. Use the current dock area as a loading station for a new, smaller boat ride in the operational style of Jungle Cruise or Jaws. The ride could make a little circuit around the smaller island and under that rope bridge. It would have to encompass something other than a boat ride of course, I just haven't knuckled down what this would be. A show on the concealed part of the island or animatronics could potentially work.
  8. Give a reason for people to visit the cinema. A 10-minute kids film played a few times a day obviously isn't the most popular choice. A return to IMAX with the addition of 4D effects could be the way to go.
  9. Build an initial expansion of WhiteWater World of the size and scale that was planned years ago (see graphic below).
  10. As part of a second WhiteWater World expansion, redesign or relocate the FlowRider shop/World Pass gate so that the area around the FlowRider could be opened up to encompass a new FlowBarrel on the WhiteWater World side. This would allow for after hours operation/events to utilise both rides. Since the initial expansion plans were released, there have been a lot of new slide types offered by the major manufacturers, so these should be built as the park extends towards Tiger Island.

post-2117-0-71120700-1373085148_thumb.pnpost-2117-0-59028000-1373085162_thumb.pn

1. Give a reason for people to visit the cinema. A 10-minute kids film played a few times a day obviously isn't the most popular choice. A return to IMAX with the addition of 4D effects could be the way to go.

Although this means removing the cinema, I think a great idea to replace the building is a ride which uses the same system as Soarin' Over California at DCA and EPCOT. I believe Vekoma make an 'I-Glide' or something like that. Isn't the most expensive thing and I think it would bring huge crowds. Great for tourists too if they want to 'soar' over Aussie landmarks. The only danger with this idea though is that Dreamworld could go cheap with the footage on the screen and the what the chairs do. But if they can pull it off it would be a massive hit. The added bonus too is that they can change out the footage and essentially create a new ride experience for a relatively cheap price.

• 1 month later...

My top ten would be.

1. Replace or fix up Eureka Mountain ride or try and fix it which would probably never happen due to cost.

2. Go ahead with the White Water Park expansion.

3. smooth the Cyclone tracks and replace the carts for carts that don't break your back.

4. Make more Kid friendly attractions.

5. Market Mick Doohan Motocoaster as family Coaster not thrill ride.

6. Fix up or demolish the Sky Link.

7. repair paddle boat.

8. A new roller coaster as a world class.

9. Clean river.

10. Add a new non coaster to improve on amount of rides.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Add a major coaster. -boomerang, eurocoaster 2 repair or replace the mine coaster 3. Add a children's coaster 4. Expand white water world 5. Turn the river into a river ride like jaws, or the river ride in disney 6. Add a super thrill ride. Simmilar to Kingda Ka. But smaller. 7. Get a record breaking attraction. (Extend the TOT and the giant drop) 8. Longer ride times 9. A lunchtime parades 10. Longer. Hours

1. Add a major coaster. -boomerang, eurocoaster 2 repair or replace the mine coaster 3. Add a children's coaster 4. Expand white water world 5. Turn the river into a river ride like jaws, or the river ride in disney 6. Add a super thrill ride. Simmilar to Kingda Ka. But smaller. 7. Get a record breaking attraction. (Extend the TOT and the giant drop) 8. Longer ride times 9. A lunchtime parades 10. Longer. Hours

1. Agreed 2. Not gonna happen and had been discussed at length in another thread 3. Another one? Already one in Dreamworks area and MDMC is a 'family coaster' 4. Would be great but unlikely anytime soon 5. ??? That's a real river not a man-made one, and there is enough water rides between the flume & rapids 6. Isn't this the same as 1? 7. Would be the biggest waste of money in the world. Added a few metres won't bring more visitors. The cost of doing it could be spent on another coaster in the park. 8. ??? How do u do that? Make the rides move slower? 9. Other than the Dreamworks characters what drawcards would there be to a parade? 10. 10-5 off peak and 10-6 peak along with early access passes and Screamworld is fair IMO. Cost vs demand

My post is probably more suited to but I never got around to putting my ideas out then, so here's 10 ideas:

1. As Slick said, first step is to get a new management team (or even a new owner) that realises significant investment can result in good returns.
  2. Go through the park and perform general maintenance on everything, e.g. painting (not Wiggles World colours everywhere please), cleaning etc.
  3. Remove the Motocoaster ... from the thrill rides list -- market it as a family ride, and there would probably be less disappointment from riders due to the shifted target market. While they're at it: ditch the Mick Doohan license, remove the overflow queue, reconfigure the standard queue area and merchandise shop to open the area up, relocate the V8 simulators, and retheme the area as the Rivertown Raceway or something. Given point 6 below some small land reclaimation or a boardwalk over the water may be the way to go here.
  4. Develop an apocalyptic themed area on the former site of Blue Lagoon. The path down to the area would be fairly similar with a new toilet block (marked A on the graphic below), merchandise shop (E) and food outlet (H). It would be headlined by a Rocky Mountain Construction/Alan Schilke wooden coaster (station at F and entrance at G). The ride would begin with a turnaround leading into a lift hill to the far side of Oakey Creek. A pre-drop, turn, and first drop follow. The track inclines over the railway line and enters into an inverse banked turn near the runout for the old toboggan ride for a great teaser/photo opportunity for those going down the path. Other elements present in RMC coasters would follow (e.g. double ups, double downs, overbanks, high speed floats) with a double barrel roll parallel to the railway line concluding the ride. The other attraction would be the rethemed AVPX laser tag with some sort of zombie theme. It would consist of an indoor queue ( B), briefing rooms © and relocated tent (D) for the main skirmish.
  5. Demolish Eureka and the Gold Rush chairlift station, and build "Eureka Mountain 2: The Forbidden Shaft". Gazza created a great proposal a few years back so full credit to him.
  6. As part of this year's AWE upgrade: remove the old chairlift station, remove the ramp to nowhere, and relocate the amenities to a north-west extension of the merchandise shop/train station. Repurpose the former Oakey Creek arena and surrounding area into a covered, but open-air, presentation venue suitable for a variety of wildlife presentations, e.g. bird shows.
  7. If Captain Sturt can't be fixed and it is just going to gather leaves and rot, remove it. Use the current dock area as a loading station for a new, smaller boat ride in the operational style of Jungle Cruise or Jaws. The ride could make a little circuit around the smaller island and under that rope bridge. It would have to encompass something other than a boat ride of course, I just haven't knuckled down what this would be. A show on the concealed part of the island or animatronics could potentially work.
  8. Give a reason for people to visit the cinema. A 10-minute kids film played a few times a day obviously isn't the most popular choice. A return to IMAX with the addition of 4D effects could be the way to go.
  9. Build an initial expansion of WhiteWater World of the size and scale that was planned years ago (see graphic below).
  10. As part of a second WhiteWater World expansion, redesign or relocate the FlowRider shop/World Pass gate so that the area around the FlowRider could be opened up to encompass a new FlowBarrel on the WhiteWater World side. This would allow for after hours operation/events to utilise both rides. Since the initial expansion plans were released, there have been a lot of new slide types offered by the major manufacturers, so these should be built as the park extends towards Tiger Island.

attachicon.gifBlueLagoon.pngattachicon.gifwwwexpansion_layered.png

1. Good

2. White Water World definitely needs a repaint, right now.

3. Good, but the Mick Doohan thing really pulls in loads for DW

4. Kevil Hill/Evilution would fit well into here, maybe something like The Swarm at Thorpe Park for a coaster

5. Best Idea Ever

6. Good

7. Idea, Maybe a dreamworld history show on the murrisippi river if they clean and fix

8. Could draw in a bit if they still show full length 3D/4D (do full 4D movies exist?)

9 and 10. Yes