Photo TR - Japan 2012

Slick

I thought i'd share with you me finally posting my photos from last year's trip to Japan, where I visited Sega Joypolis, Tobu Zoo, Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea, Nagashima Spaland & Universal Studios, to name a few. We arrived in Tokyo, got lost in the belly of Shibuya, Ginza & Akihabara trying to find stuff to make our iPhones work in Japan, and finally rocked up to Joypolis for our first theme park credit and first coaster credit of the trip.

DSC_0147.jpg

What better way to top off an awesome night than with some Sega Joypolis?

DSC_0149.jpg

During the day you can come in here and pat oodles of kitties!

DSC_0150.jpg

You can pat me, ladies.

DSC_0151.jpg

But seriously, screw the kitties, we're here for our first theme park visit for our trip!

DSC_0152.jpg

Joypolis is up here!

DSC_0153.jpg

There was also a Legoland center here! We didn't go in, but we got laughed at for posing with the sign. Gaijins doing what gaijins do best.

DSC_0154.jpg

Legoland!

DSC_0156.jpg

Oh my god, oh my god...

DSC_0158.jpg

J for Joypolis!

DSC_0159.jpg

Awwww yeah.

DSC_0161.jpg

The entire complex is filled with crazy signs and interactive displays.

DSC_0162.jpg

Our first look at Veil of Dark. Unfortunately at this point my GoPro pretty much died. I got around half of the POV of all the onboard craziness (the restraints have a joystick and a fire trigger where you shoot at screens while riding the ride! I shit you not.) but it was not meant to be.

Hold tight folks, there's an image issue i'm getting solved and the rest of the update will be with you soon (I can't post the rest, I think the forum software shits bricks when I do). In the interim, feel free to head on out to my blog and checkout the rest of the photos here.

Edited by Slick

Cool TR, I've visited the Dubai Sega park and I notice a lot of similar rides. The Wild Wing in Dubai thankfully has a good English dub (actually, it only plays in English) but I'd love to hear the crappy Japanese dub. The Dubai version also has a Gerstlauer spinner but it neither launches nor inverts.

Cool TR, I've visited the Dubai Sega park and I notice a lot of similar rides. The Wild Wing in Dubai thankfully has a good English dub (actually, it only plays in English) but I'd love to hear the crappy Japanese dub. The Dubai version also has a Gerstlauer spinner but it neither launches nor inverts.

You obviously know NOTHING about Japan....

• 1 month later...

I've got another little update for you guys. I'll throw the coastery photos here, and for the full report of the day, you can checkout the blog here.

1061864013.jpg

So this was basically an epic highlight of the trip. Kawasemi kicks total ass.

1155725813.jpg

No line, bitches.

2533876288.jpg

Regina was very surprisingly smooth, especially given its size.

2764675782.jpg

1027443046.jpg

This was a bit cray. The restraints opened before we stopped moving. Old school ride for sure.

3357193533.jpg

Don't deny it. This ride is sexy.

3313825307.jpg

Cool park? Hell yeah.

And just for good measure, here's some POV's of Tobu Zoo & Regina...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4UX4OdrD3E

http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXMQYWKpPoc

Edited by Slick

Intamin megalite <3

Cool update! Nice to hear Regina has aged well, I've heard mixed reports about it.

It's unfortunate to hear that my concerns about the animal care at Tobu Zoo are true. I wasn't sure as TPR never seemed to touch on that.

Edited by alex_1