Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

a screaming swing could work in the UFO spot if the supports a placed correctly

On reflection, you are probably right here Mr Me. The Flying Saucer site would have to be modified but if the ride was turned around to swing parallel with the cliff top then I believe it would be feasible. It would be a smaller model that would be the best option but damn it would be a great investment for LPS.

Here are the specs:

General Specifications

Height: 65’ or 100’ (20m or 30m)

Footprint: 8’ to 15’ (2.42m to 4.6m)

Capacity: 16, 32 or 40 passengers

240 to 1,000 people per hour

Average Speed: 50 to 60 mph (80 to 97 kph)

Minimum Passenger Height: 48” (1.22m)

Power requirements

U.S.: 480 V / 3 Phase / 60 Hz

Intl: 400 Volt / 3 Phase / 50 Hz

Power Consumption: 161 kw

(32-passenger model)

I haven't as yet had the opportunity to ride one, is there anyone on the boards who has that could please share their experience of this ride- I am very interested to hear opinions on this! Thanks!

post-30-0-35505000-1412766696_thumb.jpg

Agreed! The introduction of Hair Raiser was very important as it was the first new ride installed in tbe park since the 1995 incarnation. It also showed that the owners are serious about maintaining the park as a fun park. The future is extremely bright and hopefully bigger things are to come. ( Dare I even think new Big Dipper??? New coaster? I fervently hope so!)

Absolutely. We should be heaping praise on the park for introducing Hair Raiser. A park model drop ride was a great choice. And more importantly - it's the first time in ages a Luna Park has installed a REAL new ride. I have to say I'm surprised and impressed. Good on them for realising the potential of a proper fun park. Looking forward to future plans indeed...

Good pickup!! And it also shows that the Pirates Revenge will be at least one of the Xmas Holiday rides. Hopefully, one or 2 more will be announced!. As for the Flying Saucer site, I did not expect a new ride replacement in time for these Xmas holidays. Hopefully we will see something by next Easter. Also it does show that the site will be a temporary bar and viewing platform for the NYE fireworks and harbour event so its good to see the space is not going to waste.

Didn't LPS have the Pirates Revenge as a holiday ride years ago?

Also I didn't expect a new (permanent) ride to open by Xmas.

Maybe before Easter could the new ride open?

Also I predict that the Tango Train will shut for good in January- May 2015. I will probably be wrong but let's wait and see.

Why are they retaining the lighthouse like how they did it with the Big Dipper entrance with the Cyclone mural inside it still? Maybe the new ride will be a new Flying Saucer.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Didn't LPS have the Pirates Revenge as a holiday ride years ago?

Also I didn't expect a new (permanent) ride to open by Xmas.

Maybe before Easter could the new ride open?

Also I predict that the Tango Train will shut for good in January- May 2015. I will probably be wrong but let's wait and see.

Why are they retaining the lighthouse like how they did it with the Big Dipper entrance with the Cyclone mural inside it still? Maybe the new ride will be a new Flying Saucer.

Tango Train is done by the end of next year.

Why are they retaining the lighthouse like how they did it with the Big Dipper entrance with the Cyclone mural inside it still? Maybe the new ride will be a new Flying Saucer

Luna Park does not have a lot but please let them keep the theming they DO have in the park. There is no real reason to remove it and aesthetically the park is better for them both being there.

Tango Train is done by the end of next year.

*sigh* I sound like a broken record.....Is that your opinion or do you have some real knowledge? Please state if it is opinion or your source please. It is much appreciated.

Luna Park does not have a lot but please let them keep the theming they DO have in the park. There is no real reason to remove it and aesthetically the park is better for them both being there.

*sigh* I sound like a broken record.....Is that your opinion or do you have some real knowledge? Please state if it is opinion or your source please. It is much appreciated.

Sorry, It's just my opinion.

Sorry, It's just my opinion.

Not a problem. I have no problem with anyone giving an opinion as long as it is recognized as such.

Hopefully with Pirates Revenge coming as a Holiday ride, their will be scope for maybe one or two more other rides to join it.

Pirates Revenge is very popular and was a holiday ride in 2011/12. Its great to see it return.

I must admit I was hoping for Crazy Coaster to make an appearance, though. Would love to see LPS return to 2 coasters, even if its just for a seasonal event.

Edited by Jobe

Not a problem. I have no problem with anyone giving an opinion as long as it is recognized as such.

Hopefully with Pirates Revenge coming as a Holiday ride, their will be scope for maybe one or two more other rides to join it.

Pirates Revenge is very popular and was a holiday ride in 2011/12. Its great to see it return.

I must admit I was hoping for Crazy Coaster to make an appearance, though. Would love to see LPS return to 2 coasters, even if its just for a seasonal event.

I liked when they had freak out last year. When you would be at full swing you would almost hit the bulding. Really good fun!!

I liked when they had freak out last year. When you would be at full swing you would almost hit the bulding. Really good fun!!

And when they had music trip in maloneys corner two years ago. I had the school fair on today and noticed the ride was there!!! Well something identical to that.

Unofortunately, IMHO LPS will probably get a Fireball ride, considering it's built by Larson (the same company who built Hair Raiser). Basically the Looping Dragon at SFGadv.

I doubt it; that's a terrible ride. Luna Park had a Super Loop back in the bad old days in the 1980s when the park was allegedly being run by developers who just wanted to close the thing down and build apartments.

Having spent the last few NYE's as a more quiet time I decided to lash out a bit this year and got tickets to the Harbour Party at LPS. The music on offer isn't that enticing but the location and getting to ride the rides all night and early morning is exciting, just gotta fight my way through the drunk douchebag teenagers haha :P

The old UFO spot will be a great spot for a drink and to see the fireworks and likely the one and only time this will be possible.

The last few holiday rides at LPS have been quite good as Freak Out was fantastic and wished it was a permament fixture and good to see Pirate's Revenge is back as I remember it was quite popular the last time it was at LPS.

Either way the future for the park is looking promising

I know I may be getting off topic some what and I do apologize. But I know that the pad that the tumble bug sits on cant take too much weight. The Trokia is a heavy girl and the pad can only take around five more ton.

I'm no concrete expert but I did work for a park for a number of years. I remember having a conversation with Tony.M ( long serving worker) at a time when the Trokia was not running ( had been two months ) and talks about it going back then where on the board. He said the issue would always be getting a lighter ride. Well when we think of it technology has come a long way.

Also about the UFO going i'm disappointed. Such a great ride to operate but terrible to get balanced correctly. It was the hidden gem of the park really and in such a unique place. I hope what ever ride eventually goes in its place will be well worth it.

Although I think some of the offices for GR are still behind the facade behind the old UFO site.

Luna needsa ride to fit in the spot and use it nicely

something that swings or hangs would be great, unfortunately must rides like this are to expensive or won't fit
it seems our best option is to wait and see.

BTW: next time I go i shall ask around, the staff might know a thing or two.

Edited by Mr Me