Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

That press release was almost as good as this one from Adventure World:

Hello Everyone,

Please be advised we are aware you are currently awaiting the arrival of your Season Pass Membership Cards. We did unfortunately experienced a small delay with our printing company but we are back up and running and your cards will be on their way to you very shortly.

Hmm.. were there any grammatical errors on the cards by any chance?

Edited by iwerks

So far it seems like no one can get a good lead on the subject, however i might be able to help.

I was at LPS a little while ago and i realised that at the site of the old UFO that there were fences surrounding it saying that something new is coming to Luna Park. I figured it was just them reusing those fences for the removal of UFO, but i decided to go up on the hair raiser to get a better look. I was about half way up when i realised there were some long pieces of steel lying around, i figured it was just part of the UFO, but the thing was is that they were wrapped in plastic. Why would they wrap something in plastic when it was going to be scrapped. Well my theory is that we could see tumblebug being moved to this open space, or their new temporary ride power surge could be set up permanently here. If the PowerSurge was to be setup here it would become a huge addition to the park and would bring in a hole lot more costumers. And if Tumble bug was moved here it would free up a lot of space for who knows what. Either way the future of Luna Park is looking strong.

All of this is just theories and i can't predict the future, so please don't blame me if i'm wrong.

Could you get a photo of the old UFO spot if possible. From the Ferris wheel would be perfect. And if possible ask some of the workers if they know of any plan for a UFO replacement.

Thanks

No need i had a look it was totally clear except for some dirt piles and old pipes. However around the Spider there was some work being done with a medium digger and the picnic area was blocked off. I don't think any of this is a good lead but it is something.

So Wet'n'Wild is reopening on September 20. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9xWqe6REk

What do you hope has changed over the off-season?

Has anyone been able to take a peek and see if the gardens have grown in? It just didn't feel very theme park-ey with the lack of decent shrubbery when it first opened. Just a bunch of concrete, pools and slides in a paddock.

So Wet'n'Wild is reopening on September 20. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9xWqe6REk

What do you hope has changed over the off-season?

Has anyone been able to take a peek and see if the gardens have grown in? It just didn't feel very theme park-ey with the lack of decent shrubbery when it first opened. Just a bunch of concrete, pools and slides in a paddock.

this is about Luna Parks future

Not Wet n wild :angry2:

Edited by Mr Me

To be fair, this thread has been discussing LPS's future as a result of WnWS, so while not strictly 'on' topic, it's not that far off topic either. What WnWS does over the next few years may have an impact on LPS - especially if they rest on their laurels (which does not appear to be the case at present.)

To be fair, this thread has been discussing LPS's future as a result of WnWS, so while not strictly 'on' topic, it's not that far off topic either. What WnWS does over the next few years may have an impact on LPS - especially if they rest on their laurels (which does not appear to be the case at present.)

True, why didn't I think of that

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

5 new rides will be added in the next 5 years, the first the Hair Raiser. They are also planning a new Big Dipper.

Let's begin the guessing game.

Interesting. The new rides in 5 years is not new information however, the number of rides in that time is new. Also a new Dipper , as far as I am aware , has not been discussed at all. May I ask your source and is it credible?

Won't be a Big Dipper. Too much community uproar

You mean except for the other times where the park wasn't allowed to do whatever due to the complaints from residents, right?

This has been discussed before and has been answered.

Here is the relevant quote that I posted some time ago and addresses both your concerns.

Strictly speaking this is not the case anymore. The Luna Park site ammendment act ( noise control) , that was introduced in 2005 limits any litigation against the park arising from noise complaints. It also removes any right of appeal. Essentially this means that LPS can build any thrill ride within its boundaries, of any height and the residents cannot object on the grounds of noise. This is why the recent introduction of the Hair Raiser drop ride has not raised any public objections. In saying that, LPS is trying to find a middle ground with the residents to keep coexistence as peaceful as possible. Peter Hearne, the managing director of LPS has been quoted in the media as saying that Hair Raiser could have been twice the size it currently is, but Luna Park is trying to keep the residents placated by not building anything too controversial.

So in summary will LPS ever build a coaster the size of Big Dipper/Cyclone again? Unlikely but it certainly wouldn't be noise restrictions that would prevent them from doing so ( space would be more of an issue). However a compact coaster on the Tumble bug site is definitely an option I think the park could and would explore and if the park did have a desire to install one in this place, the residents would have little legal options to prevent it.

For a close look at the act please seehttp://www.parliamen...5e?OpenDocument

Summary- I feel that LPS installing a new large coaster , whilst technically feasible and certainly legal on the parks side, is highly unlikely. They will want to maintain their current neutral relationship with the nearby residents.

Only if they could bring the Chipmunk back out of retirement. On a more serious note, is there enough room for a Eurofighter? The Abyss is freakishly quiet.

Its possible to fit a Eurofighter at LPS but it would have to be a custom layout in order to fit. Even then, it would possibly require much movement in the park in order to accommodate the layout. There are plenty of other off the shelf possibilities ( myself and others have extensively covered what coasters COULD be installed at LPS) from a myriad of manufacturers that would be far better suited for LPS's needs and requirements.

Interesting. The new rides in 5 years is not new information however, the number of rides in that time is new. Also a new Dipper , as far as I am aware , has not been discussed at all. May I ask your source and is it credible?

This has been discussed before and has been answered.

Here is the relevant quote that I posted some time ago and addresses both your concerns.

Summary- I feel that LPS installing a new large coaster , whilst technically feasible and certainly legal on the parks side, is highly unlikely. They will want to maintain their current neutral relationship with the nearby residents.

My source for those that you dont know is on our forums in Chit-Chat.

Read the latest post. It also mentions the departure of the Tango, Ranger, Spider and Tumble Bug sometime in the next 5 years.

Soon the HUSS rides will be no more :(. Remember that they are ex- World Expo Park rides and are over 25 years old.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

My source for those that you dont know is on our forums in Chit-Chat.

Read the latest post. It also mentions the departure of the Tango, Ranger, Spider and Tumble Bug sometime in the next 5 years.

Soon the HUSS rides will be no more :(. Remember that they are ex- World Expo Park rides and are over 25 years old.

Ok. Remember I did say credible. Its no secret and common knowledge on these boards that LPS have embarked on a 5 year plan to renew their ride offering. Obviously this must mean that the Huss rides are in line for replacement, as you have correctly pointed out, they are old. They were actually 2nd hand rides at Expo so they are actually closer to 35 years old.

Until LPS confirm that they are actually installing a new coaster, I am going to treat this as heresay and rumour at this stage. This would be a massive investment by the park that would have to be treated very delicately by LPS,especially in regards to the infamous history of their last coaster. I really do not think they would drop this info so casually before any official announcement.

Don't get me wrong, I would love probably more than anyone to see a new coaster be installed at the park, but at the moment, its a case of I will believe it when I see it.