Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

It'd be awesome to build my house out of solid gold sovereigns. Of course - i can't afford that many sovereigns, and gold is a weak metal anyway and probably not up to bearing the weight of a structure of that type... and people would be constantly breaking my house to steal the gold, and in the winter all the metal would be really cold, and in the summer it'd eventually get really hot... but it'd still be awesome to build my house out of solid gold sovereigns...

Can they be banned from the thread. Everything I have said here has been fine and on topic, and they are just being horrible. My suggestion was realistic in terms of the park, the ride less so.

Yes but let's think of actual possibilities, not non invented ride types.

It has mostly been invented. Just flawless cars not yet. If the worst comes to the worst they could just take the floor off Pandamonium. That for sure has been invented as I am pretty sure I've seen a ride similar to a floorless air race.

Can they be banned from the thread. Everything I have said here has been fine and on topic, and they are just being horrible. My suggestion was realistic in terms of the park, the ride less so.

It has mostly been invented. Just flawless cars not yet. If the worst comes to the worst they could just take the floor off Pandamonium. That for sure has been invented as I am pretty sure I've seen a ride similar to a floorless air race.

It could result in a better ride.

I also only think that the admin can ban people of a thread.

Edited by AUSTHEMEPARKS

Well, IMO they are going a bit off topic. That is why I say to get on topic because they are going off-topic. I'm not talking to you.

And your idea seems too close to a Power Surge. Do you mean one? So basically a cross between an Air Race and a Power Surge.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Well, IMO they are going a bit off topic. That is why I say to get on topic because they are going off-topic. I'm not talking to you.

And your idea seems too close to a Power Surge. Do you mean one? So basically a cross between an Air Race and a Power Surge.

Simply, exactly the same as Pandamonium, but the seating is arranged like Surfrider at WnW. Someone said a Mini Claw, and it is kinda like that.

Of course it won't get added. Although I do hope that they consider a better, more permanent flat ride like an Air Race rather than a fair ride like a Power Surge.

Whoops. IMO but like Yoshi said we are getting a bit off topic.

What flat rides do you think luna park should add?

I would like to see some medium rides. As much as I love thrill rides, Luna Park will be losing a lot of market share if they instantly transfer from the tame park it is now into a more thrill park. So for the 5 rides I think this would be good and realistic:

1. Hair Raiser

2. Small-scale El Loco-like coaster for Tumble Bug to Flying Saucer area.

3. Scariest ride in the park, key thrill ride for Flying Saucer Area. A really really good flat ride with good theming.

4. A tame flat ride.

5. Some form of moderate thrill ride, like the Spider but more thrilling.

Simply, exactly the same as Pandamonium, but the seating is arranged like Surfrider at WnW. Someone said a Mini Claw, and it is kinda like that.

Of course it won't get added. Although I do hope that they consider a better, more permanent flat ride like an Air Race rather than a fair ride like a Power Surge.

You do realise, in all your infinite wisdom, that Power Surge's, made by Zamperla, are available as a park model, as well as a trailerised version? In fact most manufacturers offer park versions of their travelling rides. Most travelling rides can be made as a permanent attraction and vice versa. Your definition of the Power Surge as a "fair ride" as you coin it, is inaccurate and incorrect.

Pinfari looping coaster. A flume ride, like Splash Down. A full size 'tea cups' flat ride.

Has anyone done the Maze Runner attraction?

Maze Runner?

Anyway, I used to dream that Luna Park would install that looping Pinfari roller coaster with the Roll Over in Maloney's Corner. Now that I know they are more ambitious that might be below them :lol:

You do realise, in all your infinite wisdom, that Power Surge's, made by Zamperla, are available as a park model, as well as a trailerised version? In fact most manufacturers offer park versions of their travelling rides. Most travelling rides can be made as a permanent attraction and vice versa. Your definition of the Power Surge as a "fair ride" as you coin it, is inaccurate and incorrect.

Of course it can be a permanent ride and I knew it was made by Zamperla. I still think that in many ways it is a "fair ride" though. Look at Dreamworld's Flat Rides. They are all very good now. I think Luna Park should invest in an innovative and unique flat ride like them, not a puke machine that is popular at the Easter show. And please don't be so sarcastic, I can't be the only person who hopes and believes that Luna Park may look past a Power Surge for their next biggest attraction.

why doesn't anyone realise that Luna can't afford all this huge stuff.

it will be a normal ride, we just don't know what.

They would be able to afford a nice compact coaster. Of course not the other stuff, but they are just wishes. Realistically though, they can go for a good small scale thrilling coaster, a very good new thrill ride, and 2 new smaller rides over the next 4 years. They said 5 in 5, and 1 year and 1 attraction have passed.

Maze Runner?

Of course it can be a permanent ride and I knew it was made by Zamperla. I still think that in many ways it is a "fair ride" though. Look at Dreamworld's Flat Rides. They are all very good now. I think Luna Park should invest in an innovative and unique flat ride like them, not a puke machine that is popular at the Easter show. And please don't be so sarcastic, I can't be the only person who hopes and believes that Luna Park may look past a Power Surge for their next biggest attraction.

I was responding to your initial post in which you stated that Powersurge's are "fair" rides and not permanent. I called you out on this incorrect statement and proved you wrong.You cannot change the meaning of your original post after the fact like you are attempting to now. Powersurge's, whilst not my first choice , are as valid a ride choice as any other flat for possible inclusion at LPS.

And I will moderate my sarcasm when you stop being a disrespectful, annoying know it all. The tension that you have been experiencing from several other long term , well respected members is because of your attitude. Taking a deep breath, stepping back and toning down the "I know it all" attitude will go along way to alleviating the situation somewhat. Just a piece of friendly advice. Up to you if you take it.

I was responding to your initial post in which you stated that Powersurge's are "fair" rides and not permanent. I called you out on this incorrect statement and proved you wrong.You cannot change the meaning of your original post after the fact like you are attempting to now. Powersurge's, whilst not my first choice , are as valid a ride choice as any other flat for possible inclusion at LPS.

And I will moderate my sarcasm when you stop being a disrespectful, annoying know it all. The tension that you have been experiencing from several other long term , well respected members is because of your attitude. Taking a deep breath, stepping back and toning down the "I know it all" attitude will go along way to alleviating the situation somewhat. Just a piece of friendly advice. Up to you if you take it.

I am sorry, but my post was not inapproproate. You know full well from my explanation that when I said that Power Surges were "fair rides" that I meant they appeared at fairs often and therefore, like Gravitrons and the dlat rides we see in RCT3, they are very much a Fair type of ride, not an amusement park type of ride. I have explained this post without contracdicting my initial post, If you want to be finicky fine, but what I said was not know-it-all in nature and if you want to be hostile go ahead, but don't pretend you were just trying to correct my post, when it was not incorrect when you learnt what I meant by a fair ride.

I am sorry, but my post was not inapproproate. You know full well from my explanation that when I said that Power Surges were "fair rides" that I meant they appeared at fairs often and therefore, like Gravitrons and the dlat rides we see in RCT3, they are very much a Fair type of ride, not an amusement park type of ride. I have explained this post without contracdicting my initial post, If you want to be finicky fine, but what I said was not know-it-all in nature and if you want to be hostile go ahead, but don't pretend you were just trying to correct my post, when it was not incorrect when you learnt what I meant by a fair ride.

*sigh* Guess your not going to take the advice.

Your original statement was incorrect as it was written. If thats what you meant, then form your thoughts correctly and coherently. We are not mind readers and can only respond to what is posted, not what is in your head.

Maze Runner?

Realistically though, they can go for a good small scale thrilling coaster, a very good new thrill ride, and 2 new smaller rides over the next 4 years. They said 5 in 5, and 1 year and 1 attraction have passed.

This is also inaccurate and I have corrected you on this in an earlier post , but, once again, you chose to ignore it.

Warick Dougherty, the LPS representative said they were looking to upgrade the park in a 5 year time frame. Ride numbers were never mentioned nor were individual rides. That is all that is official from the park. 5 in 5 was NEVER mentioned. Anything else is just idle speculation. Anything that is inaccurate or bullshit WILL be called out on these boards.