Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

Hi everyone I'll be popping into LPS later this afternoon. When I'm back I'll post a TR.

I just can't believe that Yoshi is STILL at LPS - it's been 2 days now!!!

Check to see if there is any sign of a new aisle coming....

No sign of a new aisle, but there were guys with these big wheeled carts filled with boxes! What do you think is in them? Could it be the new shelving? Maybe it's just a restock of chips and chocolate....

thoughts?

I just can't believe that Yoshi is STILL at LPS - it's been 2 days now!!!

No sign of a new aisle, but there were guys with these big wheeled carts filled with boxes! What do you think is in them? Could it be the new shelving? Maybe it's just a restock of chips and chocolate....

thoughts?

Honey Baked Ham Chips confirmed for a return

I already am - ever since Woolworths teamed up with Qantas Frequent Flyer... Fly Buys just doesn't cut it...

I went on my honeymoon on QFF points... every little bit counts!

If anyone is going buy LPS this week - can you look for this guy? He seems to be missing in action...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091230232929/sonic/images/0/03/Yoshi_19.png

Check to see if there is any sign of a new ride coming....

Sorry guys I've been without Internet since I've been to LPS. 

First off the Ranger has seemed to get a refresh. The ride supports have been repainted white and the lights have been modified. 

On the other side of the coin the Tango Train and Tumble Bug have seen better days.

Nothing has been done with the Flying Saucer area at the moment. I wasn't bothered to go on the Ferris wheel so I don't know if the plane decals are still there.

Ive noticed a sign on the way down to Maloney's corner about an upcoming ride called the Mystery Manor- I'm certain it's a temporary ride like that Maze Runner thing they had but I could be wrong.

The Freak Out is back for the holidays and it is indeed a good ride. I wish LPS installed this ride for permanent.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
Update

yes I did. 

image.jpg

Great pick up Yoshi. This sounds like a pretty good attraction for LPS to add.

Talked to LPS today and this is what they had to say about Mystery Manor.

This will be our attraction, however whether we leave it installed permanently or seasonally is yet to be foreseen. It is a walk through and defintely suited to Halloween so will be up in time for that event.
At the moment we haven't been told where it will go as the design and details are still being kept under wraps .

So it appears the attraction is being developed in-house. I like the idea of a walkthrough attraction for the park. It makes sense to have a horror walk through attraction as any type of ghost train ride will only raise the terrible spectre of the tragedy from 1979.

As to its location, I would guess that they would utilise the Popcorn Hall space under the Wild Mouse. This was previously utilised for the Prison Break Live! walkthrough a few years ago and is a sizable space.

I hope that it at least sticks around until the Xmas holidays if they make the decision not to make it permanent.

As has been shown by Aussie World's Illusionarium walkthrough, we can do detailed and highly themed rides.

Hopefully this will follow in the same pedigree as that attraction.

Still, its a promising sign for the park!

• 1 month later...

the decals have been there a while, and were apparently to fit some function they had there a while back.

The UFO's footprint measures approximately 19.04 metres - and no additional clearance outside that envelope is required as nothing extends from that footprint, except vertically.

Pandamonium measures 17.62 "at rest", however the ride envelope extends to 25.8 metres. This is of course because each gondola swings at the end of a long arm.

Official Zamperla stats say full length\width of the ride is 26.5 metres.

LPS_air_race.thumb.png.e7b822ab44c7242c4

You're not fitting an Air Race in there.

That's true.

Didn't realise there was a 6.2 - but it would technically fit inside the envelope - UFO has full vertical clearance at 19metres...

that said - by all accounts, it's not an enjoyable ride... Someone figures out how to fit a SkyFly in there, and i'm there!

SkyFly has a flight path diameter of 98 feet - or around 30 metres. This would suggest to me the landing zone only needs about 15 metres, which can be accommodated on the existing slab. Not sure of the clearances around with other objects like the lighthouse etc - but damn I wish they'd try.