Luna Park Sydney - the future with Wet'n'Wild

JulieLovis

While a standalone Intamin drop tower you could have:

• A winch system
  • Seating on one side of the tower, projecting rider's screams in that direction

This could be a configuration that may be used but I would doubt it. Surely any drop tower in LPS would be better off utilising all 4 sides for maximum ride efficiency.

Batwing has the compressed air 'thump' at each change of direction - the low frequency sound can be heard a lot further away than a scream. The freefall attraction is more likely to be quieter operation, and whilst you will get screams, they're only for about 3-4 seconds on the way down, whereas a spaceshot bounces a few times, prolonging the noise...

Good point. I was not aware that the compressed air from the Space shot was that loud- I certainly cannot recall it being especially so. I have only been on the ride once though, so my memory is a little hazy. From my experience riding both types of rides, I still maintain that the Free-fall would generate much louder screams from patrons- and this would be the most important factor in calculating noise for any ride at LPS.

The plot thickens again with this new picture released by LPS. This COULD relate to any number of different rides........ and that includes a Shot Tower or a Drop Tower. We will soon know as the attraction unfolds.

post-30-0-14537800-1385019972_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jobe

could even be a fly coaster?

I don't know why but my mind keeps coming back to the ride proposed to go inside Superman Escape's courtyard (name escapes me at the minute) - that would most likely give the kind of ride experience that the photo of the girl implied, whilst matching the 'fly' advertisement pretty well too....

I hope it's a drop tower, I think that would be the best option for Luna Park and in that spot.

Has anyone been down there recently? It would be good to see some photos of how it's progressing & whether it is obvious what kind of ride it is going to be.

Given construction has been underway for a few weeks and it is due to open in time for summer, we should expect it soon, right?

I don't know why but my mind keeps coming back to the ride proposed to go inside Superman Escape's courtyard (name escapes me at the minute) - that would most likely give the kind of ride experience that the photo of the girl implied, whilst matching the 'fly' advertisement pretty well too....

A starflyer/windseeker would give some great views, but with the bonus of not really generating any screams.

This could be a configuration that may be used but I would doubt it. Surely any drop tower in LPS would be better off utilising all 4 sides for maximum ride efficiency.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom at SFGAdv will only have 3 tracks, all facing the same way.

Edited by Gazza

A starflyer/windseeker would give some great views, but with the bonus of not really generating any screams.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom at SFGAdv will only have 3 tracks, all facing the same way.

A Starflyer/Windseeker style ride would be PERFECT for LPS!! What better way to take advantage of LPS's greatest asset- its position?? The views from the harbour would be spectacular and the scream factor almost non-existant!! This would be an Australian first to have one of these attractions permanently in a park!!! I am not too sure the residents adjacent to LPS would be too thrilled about having a ride that is able to give its riders a view into their living rooms on a regular basis however...

True Zumanjaro will only have 3 tracks but this is a specific made ride attached to Kingda Ka. Generic Drop attractions of the type that LPS would be interested in have all 4 sides of the tower in operation. I cannot see a ride like Zumanjaro or a Drop ride that faces away from the cliff being developed just for LPS. If it IS going to be a Drop Tower, then I suspect we will see something like The Mega Drop travelling attraction or the Free fall Ride at Adventure World IMHO.

That Starflyer idea has got me excited however.....

Huss make a decent free fall ride as do Zamperla. Most of the "majors" offer some form of drop tower attraction in their line up. As for the Skycoaster, it could be a possibility but I feel it is unlikely purely on the stated location of the ride. I don't think that their is enough real estate to capably fit one of these attractions.

(I'm going to go against popular opinion here - I don't see why a water park located 32km west of Sydney CBD is going to be a big competitor to an amusement park located within the CBD of a city with a wider population of 4.6m.) - westical.

I will have to agree with westical here...

LPS is located in Sydney city, its closest and best friend is it's neighbour the clotheshanger and yes they hangout in the same spot for a silent and quite conversation or two about the love of LPS life, the beautiful and stunning Opera house where she sits and majestically takes the breath out of every human being that sets their eyes on her, thats why LPS eyes are always looking at her day and night with the biggest smile you could ever see.

Around the corner are a few of LPS friends, there's Bondi, Maroubra, Manly, Cronulla to name a few oh and the other friend he's got that works in the heart of the city is Centre point tower who revolves around the city, LPS has many more friends around his area and don't need any competition of any kind and Yes LPS will do fine he's done well for over 30yrs and will continue to do so for the next 30yrs plus.

Now, out here in the west WnW Sydney hasn't got much friends except???????

Hmmmmm, i might have to get back to you on that one.

Edited by Julys Aquila

I went over the bridge on the train this afternoon on my way home from uni and took a look down at LPS. It seems construction is in full swing as there is now a giant white tower beside the Wild Mouse - looks about 10 to 15 metres higher than the top of the Ferris Wheel... And it looks great coming over the bridge!! Can't wait to get down there for a ride. Will snap a pic on my way to uni tomorrow morning and post!

I went over the bridge on the train this afternoon on my way home from uni and took a look down at LPS. It seems construction is in full swing as there is now a giant white tower beside the Wild Mouse - looks about 10 to 15 metres higher than the top of the Ferris Wheel... And it looks great coming over the bridge!! Can't wait to get down there for a ride. Will snap a pic on my way to uni tomorrow morning and post!

Thanks man! :). I can't wait to see the pictures

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not because, to put it bluntly, I couldn't be bothered reading all the previous posts over the last couple of weeks at the moment. A friend of mine who works at Luna Park posted a photo of the tower today on Facebook and said that it is staying for good. "The Bus is now leaving for Botherling Well, Western Australia"

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not because, to put it bluntly, I couldn't be bothered reading all the previous posts over the last couple of weeks at the moment.

The topic is only 3 pages long, it would take 2mins tops to read it! So your friend who works at LPS posted what would be 'classified' pic of the ride and ride details on his public FB page? He won't have a job for much longer... Where is a link, or copy and paste the pic here

Right... So I can't question why his friend is releasing info before LPS does - and I don't think I was rude to him regarding it. I've seen plenty of people questioned when they post something without a link/source or make a questionable post. But u can call me a dick? Haha... Maybe you should look at yourself before calling me out on anything...

Right... So I can't question why his friend is releasing info before LPS does - and I don't think I was rude to him regarding it. I've seen plenty of people questioned when they post something without a link/source or make a questionable post. But u can call me a dick? Haha... Maybe you should look at yourself before calling me out on anything...

Have to admit, that's pretty damn tame.

What makes Bussy so special the he can't be questioned?

What makes Bussy so special the he can't be questioned?

Nothing, but he has a proven track record that stretches back nearly a decade. Basically that's the extent of it. Also Brad, yeah I thought your post was needlessly rude and abrupt. That's why I called you out on it. I was going to break it down and explain why I thought so, but I figure no one reading really cares, and I can't be bothered being a keyboard warrior tonight. You're right about one thing though; your post wasn't any worse than what some other members get, but like I say, Bussy has been around for years and is a reliable source of good information. It's not your fault for not knowing that, but now you do so great.