Fright Night 2013

gdalby96

I went to fright night last night with my Gf. The opening was amazing people being killed in main st and zombies,guys in swat uniforms,hillybillys and pigs running everywhere at the end. So off to hilly billy slasher2 we went the maze was almost the same as last year but the start was a sewer cool music made it feel like it was wet the first scare actor had his back to us so we seen him b4 he seen us lol anyway lots and lots of scares throughout the maze. I would say excellent 10times better then last year the scare actors were so good maybe a little to good we got near the end to find ourselves starring at a massive pig man/beast no one in the group wanted to go past him but screaming as loud as we could we got past him only just more like being pushed past. Then finally we seen the exit only to have a small ugly looking blood covered pig person with a knife chase us out of the maze. My GF would no go in any other maze so we watched space cowboy got something to eat and headed home my GF Emily said "the little pig at the exit of hilly billy slasher 2 was disgusting blood all over its head and arms what the hell" who ever created hilly Billy slasher 2 well done but I think my GF is going to have nightmares lol. I am going next Saturday with a few mates so I will get to do all the mazes can not wait

Edited by ispy

It's funny because overseas people get very excited to see the return of mazes from previous years, some at Knotts run for several years. Hillbilly was such a surprise sucess last year I'm glad it's back and I think the couple tweaks make it fresh without losing too much.

From the MW Website...

The event contains extremely scary themes and experiences and is not recommended for children under the age of 14 years

Easiest way that my parents used to figure out if I could go to certain events like this was "Would I let my son watch this franchise?". So just say to yourself, would his parents let him watch The Walking Dead / Evil Dead? If yes, and he wouldn't be scarred for life afterwards, let him go. If not, just say it is very graphic and mature; not 12 year old material.

In the end, though, it's your parents that should make the decision about whether or not your brother can go.

Edited by Zanstabar

Yeah I've been wondering about the Darkness Maze myself and I'm a bit worried that the maze could be a dud. I mean the concept of it being very dark is good but if nobody uses it then it will suck. Well I guess Fright Nights have to have at least one maze that isn't that great. Then again it could be the fact on what time a person walks into the maze. Also if the maze is completely black the scare actors might have a problem seeing the people walking through the maze. If we can't see them then they can't see us, maybe its just too dark in there.

Anyway when I go to Fright Nights I will post a detailed review of all the shows, mazes, atmosphere and overall event and maybe some videos if my phone can make some decent recordings. If it doesn't then I will take pictures of my night. Can't wait.

The Darkness is this years "Also ran" maze. I'd say your friend was unlucky to not get a few scares in there though, I noticed quite a few actors in there when I went through. Ultimately though, the maze is cursed with being crammed into Scooby's queue, which means the choice is either plain walls to make it long as possible, or well themed and stupidly short. For my personal taste, I'd think it would be scarier if it was genuinely pitch black, rather than the current 'quite dark' maze it is. You'd have to arm the actors with something so they could see in the dark of course, but I think it would be way scarier that way. Combined with the audio in there which prevents you from hearing anything (seriously, the audio in there is pretty awesome) I think it could be a pretty awesome maze. As it is, it's 'Meh' to me, and probably the weakest of the 4. Still, at least it's a change from Pysco 3D.

I'd say go to Walking dead and Evil Dead before they get busy, and wait till after rides close to do The Darkness. It's worth going through, but it's also worth waiting for the crowd to die down.

Where the queues 20-30 minutes like last year? Or should I just go and buy a fast-track pass because they're too long?