Fright Night 2013

gdalby96

Are the parks busy during this period? I'm heading to the Gold Coast from the 28th of October to the 2nd of November. I will only be at the parks during the day so I'm hoping it wont be as bad as during the night. This isn't a school holiday period so I'm hoping for short lines but who knows. Has anyone been to the parks during the day this time of year?

Are the parks busy during this period? I'm heading to the Gold Coast from the 28th of October to the 2nd of November. I will only be at the parks during the day so I'm hoping it wont be as bad as during the night. This isn't a school holiday period so I'm hoping for short lines but who knows. Has anyone been to the parks during the day this time of year?

yes the parks are open during the day, they close at normal time and then get ready for Fright Nights following closing. If you go on a weekday lines should be pretty manageable, have fun

Only thing to keep and eye out for is Scooby has a tendency to 'break down' around 4pm on the Fright Night days so don't leave it until last.

I presume that your 'meaning' of 'breakdown' is that it closes early to permit tech crew time to get the maze in the scooby queue up and running... Is there any reason why they can't just put a sign out the front of the ride announcing that the ride will close early?

I'm all for rides being available from open to close - don't get me wrong - i think the weird hours dreamworld is running are ridiculous - but on my recent trip to Disneyland, the entire fantasyland area was closed at 4pm for a private function (wedding). Posting signage at the entrance to the land was plainly and clearly visible, and that helped us ensure we got through the area before closure.

A little honesty from the park would be nice... (if that is in fact the reason for the 'break down'...) I'd hate to have a one-day visit to a park that intentionally closed a ride early without providing advance notice that it would occur.

(*This is all based on the presumption that your intent by placing the word breakdown in 'quotes' implied that it wasn't 'actually' a breakdown, especially since it had an approximate occurrence time of 4pm... however unlikely, if my presumption is wrong then I withdraw my comments on the matter.)

I was on the Theme Park.com.au site today, and found that they have a mini-site up for Fright Nights, just telling you to upgrade to VIP Gold. But what was more interesting was that in the background, posters for The Walking Dead and the new Evil Dead can be seen.

Not sure if this is new, but just thought it was interesting.

Frightnights.com.au

What I've gathered from the site, the park will be open from 6 to 10:30, outdoor rides (Green Lantern, Batwing, Superman and Arkham) being open until 9 as per usual, and Scooby/Mazes open till 10:00 with the final 30 minutes having no mazes open.

"As the sun goes down, unspeakable horrors are happening at Movie World and nothing is as it seems. From the moment you arrive at Fright Nights you will be fighting for your escape among the dead, the demons and the psychopathic maniacs while the merciless Ringmaster commands the soulless creatures of the night. Welcome to Movie World's Dark Side."

Everything else is as per usual, no face make up, no pass outs, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think this year looks amazing already, but shouldn't opening hours for the event be extending, not decreasing, due to the massive demand for Fright Nights?

I'd dare say as with always (remember the park (and rides) close at 5pm daily) the closing time is likely the time the LINE closes. Which means they want to be able to have the mazes run out by 10:30pm.

That's just a guess, but would make sense.

"As the sun goes down, unspeakable horrors are happening at Movie World and nothing is as it seems. From the moment you arrive at Fright Nights you will be fighting for your escape among the dead, the demons and the psychopathic maniacs while the merciless Ringmaster commands the soulless creatures of the night. Welcome to Movie World's Dark Side."

Wait a sec, will we be getting an icon this year? Seems interesting...

I'd dare say as with always (remember the park (and rides) close at 5pm daily) the closing time is likely the time the LINE closes. Which means they want to be able to have the mazes run out by 10:30pm.

Yes, that happened on some of the nights last year. A few nights still had lines open later. As far as I'm aware it all depends on the line lengths.

As for 'pushing' people out, this usually began when the last maze had shut and security had been notified.

The "breakdown" for scooby at 4pm was so that tech services could go over the ride again. They do the same for White Christmas as the ride is one of the most technical rides in the park (and also most prone to have technical difficulties). It was also for the maze so that people could prepare and get ready etc. From my understanding it was also so that they could start to clear that area out for the events (as most people in the afternoon hang around scooby) so it's pretty much closed off for that as well.

Having not been to Fright Night before, any thoughts on which nights may be bettter to go to ? Family and I are across from NZ for a couple of weeks in October - timed it so we can get to Fright Night (went to White Christmas two years ago) At this stage have purchased the VIP Gold so can redeem that for one night, hoping that an upgrade to unlimited will come out, but if not I need to pick a night from 18th to 31st.

From my experiences the last 3 years there is no difference between the nights. Only thing that changes the experience is the weather. Last year we waited in a crowd for 45mins in driving rain just to get down the path to get to the mazes in the sound studios. But Goodluck picking a good weather night 1-2 months in advance!

Having not been to Fright Night before, any thoughts on which nights may be bettter to go to ? Family and I are across from NZ for a couple of weeks in October - timed it so we can get to Fright Night (went to White Christmas two years ago) At this stage have purchased the VIP Gold so can redeem that for one night, hoping that an upgrade to unlimited will come out, but if not I need to pick a night from 18th to 31st.

Probably not the first 2 nights. That way if they have any teething problems they can sort them out then

I was looking at the background of the Fright Nights site and in the left side they have Zippos Circus?

Will there be a circus theme?

I think they might be. Not really that original though, seeing the Universal did the Carnival of Carnage in 2007. I'm just happy that they have a theme going this year, and it's not just Zombies.

Edited by Zanstabar

There is only so many Halloween themes that can be done across a theme park. I wouldn't be complaining because no matter what theme was chosen it would have been done before in the US Given 99% of people who go to Fright nights would never have attended Universal's offerings, it will be a first and unique experience