Fright Night 2013

gdalby96

I was wearing last years fright night t-shirt at movieworld and a staff member at the entrance of the superman ride. His name was S**** said "are you excited for fright night I am going to be a performer" I said "cool what are you doing" he said "I Will be in the maze Hillbilly" I said" do you know what other mazes this year" he said "yeah the walking dead,evil dead,hillbilly I will be in that one and a new one the zone" Now that's how you get a scoop

And you got 3 and 4 from where exactly?? As they weren't there when u made the original post

I was not going to say number 3. & 4. But you were being a smartass thanks scoop

I was wearing last years fright night t-shirt at movieworld and a staff member at the entrance of the superman ride. His name was S**** said "are you excited for fright night I am going to be a performer" I said "cool what are you doing" he said "I Will be in the maze Hillbilly" I said" do you know what other mazes this year" he said "yeah the walking dead,evil dead,hillbilly I will be in that one and a new one the zone" Now that's how you get a scoop I was not going to say number 3. & 4. But you were being a smartass thanks scoop

I don't know whether to believe you about the lineup for two reasons. Firstly, the Twitter prank has got me suspicious about everything Fright Nights. Secondly, getting info from a ride op is a unreliable source; he could just be pulling your leg about the whole thing.

We should get some info any day now. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Quick Edit: If any of you guys see an ad for the VIP pass focusing on the free upgrade to gold, look out a for the short snippet of the "Ringmaster" when they mention entry to Fright Nights. I would get a link but I can't see it anywhere on youtube.

Edited by Zanstabar

Ride Op's are generally not a reliable source unless you know them personally. I know a few that like to spin tales to guests they find annoying... For example a certain Parkz member was under the impression VRTP was considering purchasing a Boomerang this year :lol: If you are quoting a ride or retail employee as a source it is probably best to state so up front. That said it would not surprise me if Hillbilly Slasher does return. Also expect to see details of Fast Track for FN Soon... $39.99 and $29.99 for VIP is tentative/likely pricing

Edited by One day holiday

Ride Op's are generally not a reliable source unless you know them personally. I know a few that like to spin tales to guests they find annoying... For example a certain Parkz member was under the impression VRTP was considering purchasing a Boomerang this year :lol: If you are quoting a ride or retail employee as a source it is probably best to state so up front. That said it would not surprise me if Hillbilly Slasher does return. Also expect to see details of Fast Track for FN Soon... $39.99 and $29.99 for VIP is tentative/likely pricing

Fast Track for Fright Nights? I haven't heard anything about this...

If it is thought out, and planned well, i'm all for it. Considering most people don't have to pay anymore these days for their FN ticket (as they get 'gold' free with a VIP purchase, and gold gets them in for free), there are just way too many people at these things.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge the park having that many people - the event has to be worth their while to put on.

It'd just be nice to actually get a few rides in, and I for one am for that, if it is managed correctly.

In this commercial for the VIP pass you can see a little snippet of this years Fright Nights.. looks like they're running away from something (obviously), similar to the past Halloween Horror Night ads. Also the movie world website now has a Fright Night background on the main page, but sadly still no mazes announced. :(

Edited by kujotess

Quick Semi-Important Post

I think the maze list has been partially leaked on Themeparks.com.au. Firstly, there's a subsection under Fright Nights devoted to Fast Track, and this is what it says...

Want to FAST TRACK your maze experience at Movie World’s Fright Nights? Then check out the Fast Track maze pass.

With Fast Track, you’ll get priority queuing to the Walking Dead Maze, Evil Dead Maze, Hillbilly Slasher 2 Maze and The Darkness Maze so that you can minimise your wait in the queue.

You’ll be able to take on each maze once!

So I guess ispy was right! The two we already knew, a sequel to Hillbilly Slasher and a brand new maze only known as the darkness. It looks to be available on all nights and cost $40 for non-VIP's and $30 for VIP's.

Edited by Zanstabar

Not sure if I see the value in it really. As long as you are at the park early enough you can get in your first maze within 5-10mins. Last year our group had the 3 mazes (didn't bother with psycho 3D again) done in under 2hrs. Certainly wouldn't take more than 3hrs to do the 4, then u do the rides, or vice versa. Also reads like it only works once per maze..

Not sure if I see the value in it really. As long as you are at the park early enough you can get in your first maze within 5-10mins. Last year our group had the 3 mazes (didn't bother with psycho 3D again) done in under 2hrs. Certainly wouldn't take more than 3hrs to do the 4, then u do the rides, or vice versa. Also reads like it only works once per maze..

I've never used Fast Track before, and I was wondering if any knows whether or not Fast Track passes work for a group (like Q4U) or are individual. If it is individual, there is no way in hell I am doubling my ticket price just to skip a maze.

I will pay that Gazza. You see i work at a call center and usually do a quick sneaky look at parkz forums. So usually I have to type quick sorry for the mistakes

You couldn't just type in your break?

This maze call "The Darkness".... didn't they already do a pitch black maze one year? Hoping they don't do that again, was a bit disappointing as you'd have to be lucky enough to be at the right point in the conga line of people to actually get a scare when people jump out. Otherwise it's just being aware of everything because a bunch of girls have stopped to scream. I did enjoy all the other mazes though.

I remember the 'pitch black' maze that they ran through china town one year. it was reasonably well done, but I agree you have to be 'right there' when the scare actor jumped out.

pretty sure they did use water pistols and other bits and pieces to try and scare - there were 'leg high' things that stuck out and you had to walk through, etc. strobes just to disorient further. I guess in those types of mazes its less about the 'scare' from the actor, and more the anticipation of when if something is going to jump out. Being pitch black - there was no ambient light at all - it was unnerving - you nearly gripped the person in front of you for grim death to make sure you didn't get separated in the melee... and i think that is the better scare than just having menacing looking guys wearing half-decent makeup leaning on a pole staring at you before running up and standing behind you..

I think you are talking about Dragon Alley through china town in the first Fright Night back in 2009, if not this was pretty similar.. They put signs out saying "live snakes inside" to make people believe that when things touch your leg in the pitch black, it's a real live snake. Pretty clever post-29097-0-03265700-1378965022_thumb.j

Edited by kujotess

There was nothing in there. I didn't see any actors, and the sign out the front read "The snakes in this maze are non venomous and totally harmless". If you're going to lie, I think it's ok to lie and say "Do not touch the snakes are they are venomous. If bitten seek help immediately". The highlight of the maze was a random palm tree with a weak arse strobe. Just a weak attraction.

I remember the 'pitch black' maze that they ran through china town one year. it was reasonably well done, but I agree you have to be 'right there' when the scare actor jumped out.

pretty sure they did use water pistols and other bits and pieces to try and scare - there were 'leg high' things that stuck out and you had to walk through, etc. strobes just to disorient further. I guess in those types of mazes its less about the 'scare' from the actor, and more the anticipation of when if something is going to jump out. Being pitch black - there was no ambient light at all - it was unnerving - you nearly gripped the person in front of you for grim death to make sure you didn't get separated in the melee... and i think that is the better scare than just having menacing looking guys wearing half-decent makeup leaning on a pole staring at you before running up and standing behind you..

I partly agree with what you're saying, but I think a very small amount of ambient light would be worse because you'd just have enough like to start seeing shadows and whatever and wonder if things are moving or not.

There was nothing in there. I didn't see any actors, and the sign out the front read "The snakes in this maze are non venomous and totally harmless". If you're going to lie, I think it's ok to lie and say "Do not touch the snakes are they are venomous. If bitten seek help immediately". The highlight of the maze was a random palm tree with a weak arse strobe. Just a weak attraction.

Probably just to cover their ass from some idiot thinking they actually used real snakes. I didn't think the sign was there immediately? As in someone complained or something first, but that was years ago and my memory sucks.