I plan to build a video game themed amusement park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, something that I haven't seen done before, we have movie themed parks, so why not game theme parks.

Anyway, I would like some help and ideas with the park, I want to use very minimal custom scenery as I have a 'shit' PC. Aside from help for the game themed attractions, I would like some help on making realistic park entrances and main streets without custom scenery, I search online and all I get are ones with custom scenery.

Last and least, I need a good name, if I can't find one, it will just end up being called Game World.

I already have a few ideas, tell me if they are good:

• [*]Tomb Raider (White Water Rapids) [*]The Legend of Zelda (Looping Coaster) [*]Red Dead Redepmtion (Mine Train Coaster) [*]Call of Duty (unknown), due to the franchises popularity, I will have to include a CoD themed ride, it will be very tempting to making it a junior coaster [*]Angry Birds Duo (Suspended Swinging Coaster), will be a dueling coaster. [*]Need for Speed (Twister Coaster), will be a launched coaster rather than one with a chain lift. [*]Mario Kart (Go-Karts), this is one of the few rides that I will download a custom scenery set for. [*]Metal Gear Solid (3D Cinema)

The rides will not just have generic names, they will have names like Need for Speed: Nitro (I may steel the names from lesser known games from franchises so I can easily slap their logo onto a billboard).

Other game series that will have rides include: Resident Evil, Mass Effect, GTA, Sonic, etc. I will try to include themed areas, for example, one area may feature rides based on retro games such as Pacman and Space Invaders (this is where I will need the most help with ideas).

Tetris-Drop Tower

Sonic-Heartline

Duke Nukem-Monster Trucks

Portal-Wild Mouse

Bioshock-Aquarium?

Farcry 1 and 3-Car Ride

And Dead Space would be better use of a 3D Cinema.

Saints Row-Giga

The Batman games-Haunted Mansion

Halo-Spinning Chairs or something

Thats my Xbox down, PS2-

Kingdom Hearts-anything. Seriously, anything will work for this.

Sims-Crooked House

Ratchet and Clank-Gravity Rings

Tony Hawk's everything- A Surfrider knockoff

MX whatever-Bikes

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-Boomerang Coaster

Jak and Daxter-this too an be literally anything.

Crash Bandicoot-Sky Roller knockoff.

Guitar Hero-Corkscrew

Spyro-Flying Coaster.

I play way too many games.

Tetris-Drop Tower

Sonic-Heartline

Duke Nukem-Monster Trucks

Portal-Wild Mouse

Bioshock-Aquarium?

Farcry 1 and 3-Car Ride

And Dead Space would be better use of a 3D Cinema.

Saints Row-Giga

The Batman games-Haunted Mansion

Halo-Spinning Chairs or something

Thats my Xbox down, PS2-

Kingdom Hearts-anything. Seriously, anything will work for this.

Sims-Crooked House

Ratchet and Clank-Gravity Rings

Tony Hawk's everything- A Surfrider knockoff

MX whatever-Bikes

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-Boomerang Coaster

Jak and Daxter-this too an be literally anything.

Crash Bandicoot-Sky Roller knockoff.

Guitar Hero-Corkscrew

Spyro-Flying Coaster.

I play way too many games.

Thanks for the ideas, I play too many video games as well, that's why I decided on an video game theme for an RCT3 park. I think the tetris drop tower and sonic heartline are great ideas, well they all are but those stand out the most. As for the Saints Row Giga and Guitar Hero Corkscrew, I don't see the resemblance

Tomb Raider should be a dark ride attraction similar to the Indiana Jones Disneyland ride(or perhaps even kinda like Scooby), not a White Water Rapids. Doesn't suit the theme when you really think about it. I'd make Uncharted: The Ride a Jungle Cruise themed river rapids. More suitable. Space Invaders would be a 4D motion simulator film(with the rider getting a Laser gun and shooting at targets) OR a Justice League-type shooting darkride to me. But it would only be loosely based on the game. You play as a space cadet crew that is called upon to defend the planet from an Alien parasite attack(sound familiar? JL all the way). Pretty much JL IS Space Invaders: The Ride! I would create "lands" such as: - Segaworld(Inc a Sonic Show) - Nintendoland inc a kids area themed to the Mushroom Kingdom and a Donkey Kong area(possibly called Donkey Kong Country) that would merge into - Retroland(with sections devoted to Atari and Namco.... A Pacman kids show/parade, a jungle log ride based on Pitfall) - Sony Kingdom(Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, the Rockstar games and Possibly a Spiro Kids Area) - Xbox X-treem Adventure(Halo, Etc... I'd put a Halo Stunt Show In here too)

Edited by colliric_855

Tomb Raider should be a dark ride attraction similar to the Indiana Jones Disneyland ride(or perhaps even kinda like Scooby), not a White Water Rapids. Doesn't suit the theme when you really think about it. I'd make Uncharted: The Ride a Jungle Cruise themed river rapids. More suitable. Space Invaders would be a 4D motion simulator film(with the rider getting a Laser gun and shooting at targets) OR a Justice League-type shooting darkride to me. But it would only be loosely based on the game. You play as a space cadet crew that is called upon to defend the planet from an Alien parasite attack(sound familiar? JL all the way). Pretty much JL IS Space Invaders: The Ride! I would create "lands" such as: - Segaworld(Inc a Sonic Show) - Nintendoland inc a kids area themed to the Mushroom Kingdom and a Donkey Kong area(possibly called Donkey Kong Country) that would merge into - Retroland(with sections devoted to Atari and Namco.... A Pacman kids show/parade, a jungle log ride based on Pitfall) - Sony Kingdom(Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, the Rockstar games and Possibly a Spiro Kids Area) - Xbox X-treem Adventure(Halo, Etc... I'd put a Halo Stunt Show In here too)

Great ideas, I was already considering themed lands but nothing as fast as you suggested. As for Tomb Raider, construction has already begun on the white water rapids ride, which is a bummer considering a dark ride sounds much more intense, I guess I could replace the white water tracks with a wild mouse and reuse the theming.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken their time to comment the post so far, progress on the park is moving slowly but surely, it just sucks that I struggle with the two things that you have to build first when making a realistic park, the entrance and main street. Also, since the trains are themed like drag cars, does a Need for Speed Srata-coaster sound like a good idea or bad idea? Instead of the launched twister coaster (which I also chose due to train theming) that I mentioned before.

Edited by StuckInAustralia

^Does a theme park need a main street though?

Could it be a circular hub or something along those lines?

Not every park needs a main street, however I do, as i'm already using the circular hub idea, main street leads to to the center of the park, where I will try to incorporate a central hub. So various paths can hopefully lead off to various themed lands, some rides (such as the Metal Gear Solid 3D Cinema, which will be located in Main Street.) will be located outside the themed lands.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe for Nintendo Land area, base it on the actual Nintendo Land game? you could have a actual xbox (original) as an enclosed building. And GTA could be a car coaste Once you are done, you could put a youtube link in your signature, like Joz has done

Edited by the12thworld

• 3 months later...