New ride for Luna Park Melbourne

bluman

or it could be yet another travelling flat ride upcharge attraction that we've all seen before at every easter show and fair on the eastern seaboard.

I'm still yet to see Melbourne (not just LPM but anywhere) put in something that makes me want to visit. Christ - PERTH has made me want to visit with the addition of the Euro... and Melbourne still can't do better than temporary installations of travelling rides we've all seen before.

or it could be yet another travelling flat ride upcharge attraction that we've all seen before at every easter show and fair on the eastern seaboard.

Yeah, but a permanent home at LPM for one may mean the seller could get a new ride to put on Circuit and fill the space vacated. So it's really not bad if that happens. Or at least it's "not all bad" Edited by colliric_855

I'm not getting my hopes up since last time there was a supposed "New Ride" it turned out to just be a crappy Zamperla spinner that was only there for Summer.

The park does seem to be spending a little bit at the moment though, and also has a new forecourt now that looks much better than before.

They have refurbished their Motion Simulator and rethemed it as "XLR8", it reopens in "a few weeks", so hopefully that significant downtime means a new set of videos(and hopefully a better screen too)! The Paintjob looks really nice. Hopefully this period of "a little spending" means they have a bigger plan somewhere down the track.

Personally if I was to argue for a classic ride to return, I'd love to see the River Caves reimagined as an enclosed Logflume about the size of Pirates Revenge.

Would be cool if they also got rid of the park offices and built a new office/staff site.... Those old Buildings look pretty bad these days.

Edited by colliric_855

The ride has been purchased already according to another post, but the Facebook person obviously doesn't know what was bought and from where.

They quite probably do and just want the community to get involved and get more people talking about it. It adds to the excitement and anticipation.

I heard Lindsay Fox when he purchased the park wanted to restore it to it's original days. Maybe (I doubt it myself) they could be putting a Rotor back into the park...

It was years ago when Lindsay Fox promised this. Then he backed away when he didn't get approval for the massive development he wanted to create down there. That's why you've gotta take what these billionaires say with a grain of salt. In the end many of them are only out to make more money, and as quickly as possible

It was years ago when Lindsay Fox promised this. Then he backed away when he didn't get approval for the massive development he wanted to create down there. That's why you've gotta take what these billionaires say with a grain of salt. In the end many of them are only out to make more money, and as quickly as possible

The park is still quite interested in restoring a Rotor to LPM. This comes from the official centenary book where the Operations Manager states this. I have reported this info in earlier postings. I am confident that we will see The Rotor returned to the park at some point in the near future. It would be extra nice if the park was making room for a new larger coaster or a return of the River Caves in some form.

The park is still quite interested in restoring a Rotor to LPM. This comes from the official centenary book where the Operations Manager states this. I have reported this info in earlier postings. I am confident that we will see The Rotor returned to the park at some point in the near future. It would be extra nice if the park was making room for a new larger coaster or a return of the River Caves in some form.

Personally I thought it would be a Rotor-type ride after reading "Head Spinning" and "stomach churning".

Reread the banner.

Dropping, Churning.... What's the difference? The point is you'll feel like you wanna puke.

Let's speculate off a banner that describes pretty much every thrill ride in the world ever.

Well, last time I walked off a ride with my "head spinning" and "stomach dropping" was the dang Gravitron.... Way back in the day...

Dropping, Churning.... What's the difference? The point is you'll feel like you wanna puke.

You get the stomach dropping feeling from rides with airtime, weightlessness or drops. Even vikings revenge at Sea World produces a bit of stomach dropping on the drop.

You get the stomach churning feeling from rides that spin....general nausea.

Just how I imagine it, anyway.

I was there today and one of the staff members told me the sign is generic

So its used for every new ride? That makes sense then, about the vagueness of it.

Honestly I can't see this being anything more than a new flatride, if we're lucky a permanent one. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

So its used for every new ride? That makes sense then, about the vagueness of it. Honestly I can't see this being anything more than a new flatride, if we're lucky a permanent one. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Dig on their Facebook page and you'll find confirmation it's a Brand New ride, which probably means it's permanent. They responded to someone asking about it. Edited by colliric_855

Either way it does indicate that with the removal of both Metropolis and G-Force that something fairly substantial is coming to the park. These plans appear to have been long in gestation. Hopefully we will not be disappointed with the end result! Bring on that new Maurer Sohne spinner I say!!

Edited by Jobe