Doomsday - Potential New Tower Ride at Movie World

Gary86

The survey was on www.futureoffun.com.au . The proposed area is in the fenced off area below Superman Escape. I think it might be too big for that area as the tower is BIGGER than Dreamworld's (and it might kill DW who are very proud of their tower being so tall). I may be ok in a different area but they already have Batwing so it's not a great idea. View will be good though...

I'd have to agree with most regarding this topic.

A ride of this size would completely tower the Park and diminish any sort of height that Batwing previously had.

The idea of attempting to please both parties does confuse me, and I highly doubt that a ride of this size (requiring the space for three large arms) would fit within the Superman Yard.

I highly doubt that a ride of this size (requiring the space for three large arms) would fit within the Superman Yard.

I highly doubt the park would go to the effort of comissioning a design without first doing a quick check with the ride manufacturer of the required clearance around the proposed ride. Edited by Gazza

Come on, a tower of this size would look absolutely ridiculous. Movieworld is not a large park, so this would dominate it to the point of it just looking stupid. That may be excusable if it were to be the park's most thrilling ride, but it probably wouldn't be.

looks don't really matter - it's really the actual ride... but it should look pretty good in the middle of Superman Escape

come on the superman escape would look ridiculously small with that huge tower in the middel of it

well the TOTII cars look like they don't go that high even though it's only 20 or so metres to the top of the tower

come on the superman escape would look ridiculously small with that huge tower in the middel of it

and remember, superman is more well known for the initial acceleration and speed than height or anything

I think that movie world needs a tower ride but this? This ride looks like it won't belong to movie world, I mean, that looks like the most confusing thrill ride I have ever seen in my life, I don't even think that this will reach the thrill rides cause it looks like it is most a birds eye view ride not a ride that " gets hearts racing for thrill seekers" Why can't it just be a drop tower? Also, the theming is absolutely terrible it's a DC Comics section if movie world does build this ride they are going to ruin the whole section.

The tower will be themed to a DC comic character though, Doomsday is one of Supermans greatest villains. The superman escape and doomsday tower could follow the same story line with doomsday creating the earthquake above causing the subway to collapse and thus Superman comes to save the day, a multi-ride storyline :)

I really love the look of this ride. I have ridden the Intamin Spinning Star in Malaysia, and it was a really fun ride. They could probably even add some speed to it if they wanted as well. It would be cool if they built it as heigh as proposed, but I still feel they should build it even if they can't make it that tall. Regular star flyer height of 70-80 meters would be dope as well.

Bring it on I say. It would officially put Dreamworld on notice as the thrill capital of the country. It'd be a massive "up yours" to the last title (tallest ride) that Dreamworld had on movie world. Also, I don't understand the logic "but what about batwing?" Are we forgetting Dreamworld built shockwave right next to the claw? If you want to compare "experiences", they're 100000x more similar than what this ride and batwing would be.

The tower will be themed to a DC comic character though, Doomsday is one of Supermans greatest villains. The superman escape and doomsday tower could follow the same story line with doomsday creating the earthquake above causing the subway to collapse and thus Superman comes to save the day, a multi-ride storyline :)

Awesome idea I hope they use this idea !! :D Edited by zacsta_1997

I thought I read somewhere it was Lex Luthor... but I guess that could be changed

I highly doubt the park would go to the effort of comissioning a design without first doing a quick check with the ride manufacturer of the required clearance around the proposed ride.

Very true, however I still do not like the idea of the ride. I'm heading down to Kuala Lumpur in very early December and I'll get to ride the smaller Intamin Spinning Star whilst there, so that could potentially sway my position.

• 3 weeks later...

Um, not wanting to put a holt to this thread and hoping Gazza or Joz can help me out with this answer...but isn't there still a flight path over the top of the theme park that limits rides below 100m in height?

This was from the old tiger moth flights that use to take place down on the coast, however as they have stopped operation for the moment, not sure if the flight path is still in place.