Doomsday - Potential New Tower Ride at Movie World

Gary86

• 2 weeks later...

Overall I think that it is a good idea and does look quite thrilling, I'm just not sure about the low speed setting. It could pose too tall for a soft setting. I think that MW should put the new 'Doomsday' tower in when the 'Batwing' has lost its popularity, otherwise this could pose for the early closure of a pretty decent ride. I do not think they should place it in the middle of 'Superman Escape' because that area is already pretty clustered. I think that it could become too congested in that area if MW does decide to place it there. Overall I think that it is a good idea but MW just needs to put it on the back burner for a couple of years :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't think the relative height to other attractions is a factor, won't make SE any less of a great ride, and BSS is a completely different ride.

Unlike others, I don't mind the idea, but not in the location (superman helix) as the concept works illustrated. Arkham forecourt though/old LW queues, why not?

I hope they don't build Doomsday as it will make Superman Escape and Batwing Spaceshot seem very small. The plan is for a soft style that will slowly go up the tower and slowly come down suitable for people who would like to see the view who aren't thrillseakers.

I understand the idea, but for older people and children, the harness is still probably not appropriate as they would still get scared. If they instead walked up on solid ground I think it would attract a lot more people

Edited by R2GFifa

I must admit, I'm kind of over the 'This ride is both a thrill ride, and a family ride' thing. It seems to be a bit of a plague at the moment. MDMC, Pandamonium, Dreamworld's new ride, maybe Doomsday, and SWO's Antarctica. Enough, just have a thrill ride, or a family ride. Stop with this whole 'It's Both!' crap, because it almost never works out any good. Pandamonium only works as a thrill ride, Antarctica only works as a family ride, Doomsday will only work as a thrill ride, and MDMC doesn't really work as either.

Hell, why restrict this to new rides? Let's add a family friendly option for GD that goes up and comes down slowly, or make ToT family friendly by just having it cruise down to the end of the launch track at 10km/h and then slowly came back. 'Let's do a 'family friendly' Wipeout cycle that doesn't go upside down!' No, let's not, let's let thrill rides be thrill rides and family rides be family rides rather than make a ride that either fails at one or both.