Movie World's White Christmas 2013

Hdutt2

So with Movie World pulling off big, lush events each year and with the birth of Fright Nights comes the birth of White Christmas, another popular annual event taking place during December at Australia's most popular theme park Movie World. So now that Fright Nights has hit its midway point, preparations for White Christmas is underway and its going to be bigger, brighter and more celebratious than ever.

This will be the official topic for White Christmas like the Fright Night topic. Last years White Christmas, personally, was amazing with the entire theme park being lit up and decorated like one large christmas tree, the parade getting a large twist and main street being the brightest place in the park, I found it an incredible experience and the snow really added to that. Like Fright Nights, Movie World puts tons of thought into this celebration and each year gets more and more elaborate.

Plus the added bonus is the rides are on at night just like Fright Nights. So with the event taking place in a couple of months time let the updates begin!

You can find the dates if you are booking a ticket using VIP Gold pass, same with Fright Nights. I don't think they have released them for everyone else though on the website because its still in Fright Night mode but you can find the dates if booking. I will try and find the actual times for you.

What do you mean terrible? I know it doesn't have the finesse as Fright Nights but its still enjoyable. Its probably because you had a season pass and went every night. In my opinion White Christmas is a night that should be enjoyed for one night a year at Movie World not all the nights otherwise it does become boring. At least the rides are open.

Personally I thought last years was terrible and I know for a fact that I am never buying a season pass again, if I didn't have a free ticket this year I wouldn't be going at all..

If it was that terrible you wouldn't even go if you had a free pass. Instead of bagging out a family friendly concept without any rationale, how about you explain your opinion.

I had a season pass for the previous two years and despite being outside the target market (20, M) I enjoyed it immensely. It is a great family event and great time to ride the coasters at night with a minimal wait! If season pass upgrades from Gold I will certainly be doing that, although I don't hold my breath considering it was not offered for FN this year.

Hmmm.. I have a big feeling that they're going to reuse a disappointingly amount from last years event.. I hope they step up their game to FN's level and maybe add a show in the HSD arena and/or the sound stage, shows under the big screen was a major hazard last year as there was basically no where to sit and actually enjoy the show. the Looney Tunes show in 2011 in the sound stage was great and I would be happy to see that return this year, although I would rather enjoy something new.

Edited by kujotess

A lot of the promotional material is main street lit up and the giant christmas tree - it's not so much re-use, but theres only so much you can do with light-strings on buildings...

Side note: [i've recently been learning a little more about christmas lighting, and much as I know it would be an incredible pain in the ass for the techs who would have to put it together, i'd love to see dumb RGB string, or alternatively intelligent RGB node modules instead of single colour LED, so you could either:

1) have a wave of colour rainbow that pulses up the whole street, or:

2) matrix the intelligent modules and actually use it as an LED display screen (which could also be used for fright night) - imagine santa "popping out of windows" or "snow" falling... try googling 'christmas light nutcracker effect' to see what i mean.

I also know that those 'in the know' will have 40 good reasons why this has already been considered and canned]

At the end of the day though, it's a wishlist item, not a requirement.

I haven't yet been to fright night this year, but I have faith that tthese two night-time events will continue to improve on previous years and better themselves every year because the people behind the show have the passion to better themselves every time.

I don't see Movie World as a park to rest on it's laurels.

• 1 month later...

I know i'm one that advocates caps on capacity in the park for these events, but i'm disappointed that the first available day I could get a ticket for was 2 days AFTER christmas. (I needed saturday or a public holiday).

I'd like to have seen them kick these events off from the start of december.

I know it comes down to the cost of putting these events on vs. the profit gained from them... so i'm not going to complain too loudly about it - im just disappointed is all.

From pictures ive noticed that they had made a small upwards seating pit (dont know what to call it) in the left grass pit near the big screen and one in front of superman. Very good idea after last years complaints about not being able to see shows due to crowds...

post-29097-0-21659600-1386832428_thumb.jpost-29097-0-03171300-1386832430_thumb.j

Edited by kujotess

Great Luke - can't wait to see the pics!

Kuto - if you are referring to upwards seating pit i wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at upwards seating pit which I have added to my fun words to say list whenever I can.

If you are truly contemplating suicide please visit http://www.beyondblue.org.au/ and get the support and help you need. Alternatively

if you need help call Lifeline on 13 11 14

Carols By Candlelight from Sunday Night. It was in the Western Stage due to rain that afternoon. (they closed all outside rides due to a storm warning but there was just a bit of rain)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLN3wuacqM

I'm posting the parade and lighting of the lights on my main channel right now as well as some Storm Coaster videos.

Edited by Gary86

Does anyone know what shirts they sell at white Christmas? Preferbly the ones they sell during the day too? If it's on the park map can someone please take a photo? Thanks

They sell a Scooby Doo shirt and a Tweety shirt I'm not sure if they sell them during the day...

post-29384-0-57836200-1387538368_thumb.j

post-29384-0-00911200-1387538429_thumb.j

Edited by The_Ninja_59