New QLD Theme Park / Racing Circuit

dodge53

Is it true that there are plans for a new Theme Park & Racing Circuit for land between Yatala & Woongoolba (North of the Gold Coast)

This will be on Seven News Flashback on tommorow Night.

They are saying it will have the fastest rides on the planet.

I have since located a post from earlier this year which can be found here regarding this:

Edited by dodge53

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this on TV this morning. The day Australia gets the fastest ride on the planet is the day flying hellpigs freeze over.

Because the Tower of Terror holding it from January 1997 then joint holding it with its SFMM counterpart from March 1997 until December 2001 never counted as us holding the record for worlds fastest coaster for a long period of time... The biggest problem with worlds fastest is either a boring layout or a launch straight into brakes making the extra speed somewhat pointless. There is also another potential issue in the wheels over heating especially with the weather.

The biggest problem with worlds fastest is either a boring layout or a launch straight into brakes making the extra speed somewhat pointless. There is also another potential issue in the wheels over heating especially with the weather.

The world's fastest roller coaster currently is in Abu Dhabi, I don't think we're going to have a problem with wheels overheating.

Isn't TOT just one of these coasters, but just without the loop?

Well yes, technically it is, but for mine a coaster needs to at least have a change of direction at some point, a bend, a twist etc (not just a vertical ramp). That's just my opinion though. Buzzsaw would qualify loosely based on the fact it at least has the roll in it at the top.

Dont get me wrong, i love TOT, one of my favourite rides, but i just wouldnt call it a coaster personally.

they could do something like the Top Thrill Dragster and kinda ka which is tall and a real crowd pleaser and very tall.

they could, but that clearly just isnt going to happen...

Because the Tower of Terror holding it from January 1997 then joint holding it with its SFMM counterpart from March 1997 until December 2001 never counted as us holding the record for worlds fastest coaster for a long period of time...

Yes but TOT used a simple layout. If Australia were to get the fastest coaster in the world now it would have to beat 240kph, and that would either mean a really large and expensive layout like Formula Rossa or an impossibly tall version of TOT.

They are saying it will have the fastest rides on the planet.

I just watched the 7news flashback video. They did mention a theme park. But I don't recall "fastest" being used. They said "a theme park similar to Ferrari World in AbuDahbi" Good for them. I doubt the racetrack will be accepted as they mentioned the previous track near that site bein shut down. But they may accept the themepark. Not as loud a Racecars. And could add to QLD tourism.

• 2 weeks later...