Pineapple of the Damned Nov 2nd [Halloween]

da_bazaar_

well this looks like a legit horror company, not a backyard setup. I'm sure they had to pay the venue. and using legit effects

2 radio interviews with the director.

http://www.4zzzfm.org.au/podcasts/culture/pineapple-damned-halloween-train-ride-and-walk-through-event-slaughter-fx-and-ghoul

Latest one

https://soundcloud.com/mark-and-caroline/chris-sun-announces-major#new-timed-comment-at-463345

promo vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuIDR9PHobk

Edited by da_bazaar_

SLAUGHTER FX and THE BIG PINEAPPLE PRESENT PINEAPPLE OF THE DAMNED Horror train ride and Haunted walk through FAMILIES ARE UP TO 8:30PM THEN ADULTS CAN MAKE THE CHOICE OF WHETHER THIER CHILDREN CAN COME AFTER THAT TIME AS THINGS WILL START TO GET A LITTLE MORE GOREY AND INTENSE. PARENTS THIS IS YOUR CHOICE! Award winning horror film maker and FX artist Chris Sun invites you to come and walk through the Slaughter FX walk of horror then jump on the train for a 30 minute journey around a very haunted and scary BIG PINEAPPLE. See Zombies, Werewolves, Monsters and much much more. THE BIG PINEAPPLE DARES YOU TO TAKE THE SLAUGHTER FX HALLOWEEN TOUR.BE WARNED THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!! CHILDREN UNDER 13 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT (18 OR OLDER) TICKETS WALK THROUGH AND TRAIN RIDE PACKAGE $38.50 PER PERSON FAMILY PASS 2 ADULT AND 2 CHILDREN (UNDER 13) $100 WALK THROUGH ONLY TICKETS $12.50 PER PERSON, NO FAMILY PASS AVAILABLE TRAIN RIDE ONLY $38.50 PER PERSON, NO FAMILY PASS AVAILABLE WHEN: NOVEMBER 2ND STARTS 6:30PM , LAST TRAIN RIDE IS AT 10pm WE HAVE 6 X GROUPS OF 5 BEWTEEN 10:30 AND MIDNIGHT on the night. NO TRAIN AND ONLY ONE SMALL TORCH PER GROUP AND YOU CAN WALK THE TRACK IN COMPLETE DARKNESS, PONCHO SUPPLIED. Slaughter FX will also have a store where you can purchase horror masks, props and much more Bar open all night for those that need a stiff drink after woods

See that doesn't make sense to me.

they're going to try a hallowe'en scare attraction, and debut it 2 days after the month is over?

In my opinion, October is the month you can get away with Hallowe'en - they should have maybe had it last weekend as well.

(Yes, MW is hosting a FN event on 1 November, but that was never planned, and only added due to the sell-out crowds they've had)

from the latest radio link I posted, they did mention they planned a night on the 31st, which was suppose to be a family night, but they have moved everything across to the nov 2, as they thought having it on the weekend night be better for everyone, and will make it a adults only after 830pm. as they originally planned 31st would be for family's, and nov 2nd for hardcore scares.

Im sure there will be more talent based ideas, so more intimate scares, a more personal feel to the haunt, not as rushed as movieworlds. the whole park is pretty freaky at night as its slightly on the hill @ big pineapple, and the train goes down into bush area. and all your favourite horror characters I assume will be there,

It will be a great night, the train ride will last for 30mins so plenty of scares in between. With the walk through it will be like a maze and only $12.50. Or if your brave enough after 10:30 you can walk the track! Which is plenty of time in between groups as it wont be pushy! You will see alot of blood and a few chainsaws will make an appearance!

We went along to the Pineapple of the Damned last night and it wasn't bad! It has a lot of potential so I hope they keep doing it. To answer a few questions, it wasn't worth 38 bucks and there was 30 mins between train rides. The actual journey was 10-15mins, still pretty good though. I didn't get any photos, but I put a write up on my blog. http://themeparknut.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/pineapple-of-damned.html

Great feedback themeparknut2011, obviously I was there aswell ;) I have passed on your feedback about everything as you mention it was the 1st time that we did. Also about slaughter fx they are one of the makers of the walking dead show. It was great to have the umbrella corp at the station! It did get amped later in the night! With organisers there was only a few and they had no sleep what so ever they was up since friday morning until midnight last night so shit got crazy. With regarding next year they are planning no walk though and no train ride but they will be doing a interactions like when people did a walk the track with was crazy and alot of people loved it as we had all the scare actors was spread around the land. But now that it's over they will be focusing on a movie that will have movie stars from over USA coming to the sunshine coast. Also regarding the scare actors they all was volunteers/unpaid work. Many came from brisbane etc. They had a great time entertaining everyone! Also good for them to add on there work resumes as most of them are actors for short films etc etc.

Some photos of the night. From train ride and walk the tracks. It was a great night out, a few hiccups during the night! But hey it was a 1st. We had great reviews such as some people didn't like the train but they loved the walk though with all the props and actor's playing there roles but it did however get quiet here and there.

post-2699-0-60617500-1383481171_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-21358700-1383481187_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-80837900-1383481200_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-68879200-1383481231_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-63493100-1383481247_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-43016100-1383481267_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-46123600-1383481279_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-80142600-1383481296_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-30191000-1383481307_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-96202600-1383481327_thumb.jp

post-2699-0-56633300-1383481842_thumb.jp

Edited by Randy23

Why didn't people like the train? I would have thought that would have been a highlight - a dark train ride with stuff jumping out randomly. Sounds fun to me[/quote It was great with jump outs etc. But it was just the jolting when the train driver was breaking alot and saying it breaking down. But other then yeah.