Dreamworld Job - Casting Call?

kujotess

I also agree with everything as mention. Expecially with maccas. Employers look towards people who have previously work there as mention above. In regards traineeship it is a great experience as I did mine via Village Roadshow Theme Parks. Being able to show you positive vibe is a great start and also questions like that.. ask yourself "if I was in the customer shoes what whould I want or require from you"

As has been said - don't write off the golden arches. Family take-away stores don't get a favourable look-in as they can be 'friend of a friend' type references and are unreliable - but if you can last a year with the big red clown, it shows you've got commitment and determination to the task (or you really need to eat while studying at uni).

I was lucky not to work at McD's, but I found my resume in early life was devoid of certain skills that employers wanted to see later. I had them, but I couldn't demonstrate them unless I got called for interview. As (i think it was) Brad said - the Maccas guys went to the top of the pile.

My first five forays into the world of employment were (in order):

Newspaper delivery (great exercise but lousy pay)

Video Store (lasted a week but couldn't work the hours required)

Bunnings (first store in NSW, with long hours and well away from public transport, but rewarding experience)

IT support in local government (first office exposure)

Wonderland Sydney (to this day, probably one of the best jobs I ever had).

I will say my personality had a lot to do with my getting into Wonderland, but my customer interaction skills were fine-tuned by my work at Bunnings, and is what got me the interview in the first place.

they take the school trainees and orientate them?

Seriously though - its a welcome, tell you about what you'll be doing, show you around, fill out the necessary paperwork, put you through the typical 'welcome to the company, here's how we work, and here's how we expect you to work...' etc etc...

It's day one, and they want you to come back, so they'll be making things a bit 'fun'.

Expect to see inside the dank corridors of the old great gremlins adventure, and into the training room. A bit of a back of house tour through old china town alley, and probably a ride or two if they have time.

Reminds me of my first day at Wonderland.