Fire near Dreamworld

gdalby96

I was at Dreamworld today queueing up for Zombie Evilution and I smelt smoke or fire coming from somewhere so I left the park early and I saw bunch of smoke coming near the Big Brother House and I was getting worried if it was going to spread the park so we left... Here's some pics post-29384-0-56862600-1383975935_thumb.j post-29384-0-10349300-1383975975_thumb.j

Please be advised that despite the precautionary evacuation due to a fire within Dreamworld’s vicinity, we will be open again tomorrow for normal operation. The safety of our Guests, staff and animals has been paramount during this process. Thank you to everyone for all your well wishes, understanding and support.

-----------------

And some pieces of shit are expecting a refund because they were evac.

I was at Dreamworld today queueing up for Zombie Evilution and I smelt smoke or fire coming from somewhere so I left the park early and I saw bunch of smoke coming near the Big Brother House and I was getting worried if it was going to spread the park so we left... Here's some pics attachicon.gifimage.jpg

that is a damn cool pic though!

I spoke to the staff in the Big Brother shop yesterday and they said there was no damage to the house. the fire can within 1/2 a kilometer from the house and is till scheduled to open on Saturday the 16th. The fire was along the ground mainly fueled bu dry grass and twigs. From Giant Drop you can see there was a small fire opposite the Vintage Cars and you can only see where a clearing is that the fire was along the ground. From the top it looks like there was no fire, just green.

too bad it didn't burn down we'd be finally rid of the crappy show than! :lol:

If you don't like it don't watch it. There is more than 1 channel on Australian TV. Big Brother is one of the few Australian made shows that hires only local production crew. Over 60 crew are involved in production of the show, who would be without jobs without it.

If you don't like it don't watch it. There is more than 1 channel on Australian TV. Big Brother is one of the few Australian made shows that hires only local production crew. Over 60 crew are involved in production of the show, who would be without jobs without it.

But I'd bet at least one of them could take a joke

A joke gets old by the thousandth times it's said. The Dreamworld page was flooded with it. everytime the show gets renewed there is outrage by people who claim it's terrible viewing and rubbish. I don't really like it either, but no one is forcing people to watch it. I'm just just saying this about big brother, it's the same when people bag out the footy show for being terrible.

if the show was so terrible, it wouldn't rate so well and the networks would axe it.

bottom line is if the house burnt down, Dreamworld would lose some capacity and revenue over summer by not being able to promote the house as a venue and an attraction, but at the end of the day, if 2014 will see another season, they have to rebuild it anyway.

Channel 10 would totally revamp the house every year, whereas this year's house was very similar to last year's house, with many mostly cosmetic changes.

They'd lose some equipment, and take a hit on their insurance, but the house would have been gutted and rebuilt for next year anyway.

Too right. I don't like Big Brother either so I don't watch it. If the show was unpopular Channel 9 would axe it. I would love to see the show axed then maybe Dreamworld can really improve themselves plus they would have more land to expand the park and add that big rollercoaster they need to beat Village.

I usually watch Big Brother but this year was awful after doing an hour of swimming traning I didn't even have the patience to watch the show at all due to boring housemates I would say last year was an better show than this year and I'm checking the house on Saturday and going to the park as well..

I usually watch Big Brother but this year was awful after doing an hour of swimming training. I didn't even have the patience to watch the show at all due to boring housemates. I would say last year was an better show than this year and I'm checking the house on Saturday and going to the park as well..

Too right. I don't like Big Brother either so I don't watch it. If the show was unpopular Channel 9 would axe it. I would love to see the show axed then maybe Dreamworld can really improve themselves plus they would have more land to expand the park and add that big rollercoaster they need to beat Village.

The thing is though that Big Brother was axed, dreamworld didn't do anything with the land. I doubt that if it was axed again that it would be much different. If anything it being axed would probably cause them a loss in revenue not give them more money to spent on said coaster

Jay

I read somewhere that Big Brother is the most viewed program of the year.

It could be, it was on nearly every night...

I couldn't agree more with it being a dull show this year, the people towards the end (apart from Boog) were very uninteresting. I even watched the final of Ja'mie... I have to say though Ja'mie is a far better show and I'm definitely glad it's simulcast in the US and UK :)

The thing is though that Big Brother was axed, dreamworld didn't do anything with the land. I doubt that if it was axed again that it would be much different. If anything it being axed would probably cause them a loss in revenue not give them more money to spent on said coaster

Jay

I believe when channel 10 ended the contract with Southern Star, they immediately entered discussions with other syndications. Dreamworld didn't do anything with the land because they were keen to sign on with whichever syndicate signed on. Had the deals fallen through, i'm sure we'd have seen the land used for other purposes, but for now, DW can't expand towards the house whilst it's still viable - and this year's season proved it still is.

This year's bbau They reckon male intruder Justynn punched Ed and was removed from the house for a while then returned and saying sorry to Ed...

yes, that was a rumor I heard also. i'm still 50/50 on it, but it was unusual for them to drop the live feed for the weekend, and their explanations were a little weak. I'm sure the truth will come out eventually if anything did happen... long after everyone has forgotten who Ed and Justynn are, at which point noone will care except the magazines offering them money for the story.