Super 8 Aqua Racer

Santa07

Personally, I think the super 8 aqua racer's getting a bit old. They should replace it with something a bit more modern...

Like a Proslide Kraken Racer - that keeps the mat racer element and it's not like the BRO at White Water World. It also brings back a bit of the twister...

http://www.proslide.com/ride/krakenracer/

While this style of upgrade has been done before (converting a ProSlide racer to an octopus racer), I can't see it happening here as it would either require the slide tower to be demolished and a new one built further back, or the demolition of the entire slide to start from scratch. Personally I'd rather the park get something new, like a set of master blasters.

While this style of upgrade has been done before (converting a ProSlide racer to an octopus racer), I can't see it happening here as it would either require the slide tower to be demolished and a new one built further back, or the demolition of the entire slide to start from scratch. Personally I'd rather the park get something new, like a set of master blasters.

That's actually quite true.

It is getting quite old though - last time I went, the mats were covered in mold.

But yeah a master blaster would be good. Or even better, a hydroelectric mammoth, but that would take up a bit of room and cost a lot.

Aqua Racers is one of the most 'fun' rides in the park to me. It's not the tallest, fastest or anything else, but the racing element makes it pure fun. It's got a huge capacity, and despite there being little to it, is massively re-rideable. I wouldn't like to see it changed or demolished, since I think it would take away from what makes it fun, and building a replica of what's down the road or something similar isn't going to excite people to come to the park. Also, am I the only person who thinks Super Tubes is kind of lame?

Your talking about WnWGC right? With the opening of WnWS soon you may see some more slides in the future. Just like jamberoo WnWS may pressure WnWGC into expanding. You never know. Maybe. because of WnWS, jamberoo has demolished the go carts to make room for their mega plan to expand the park with new updated rides. Like a mammoth slide, a bowl slide, a water coaster slide, and a giant funnel slide (which is fun, fast, and dark) which has already opened. Plus I agree with the Aqua Races. Jamberoo my local waterpark has one of the original racers. It's that old the the mats have mould. Well it was made in 2001. Unfortunately they can't expand the slide because the park is built on a hillside and the is no room to expand the slide. If you look at the park map you'll know what I mean.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

They should of course keep the slide and the mats in good conditions, but otherwise I see no reason to change it out.

They could however invest in a Kraken racer somewhere else in the park, the rides are very different, and there is certainly place for both rides in the same park. Is there a demand for it though? I can't say, never been to the park.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

They should of course keep the slide and the mats in good conditions, but otherwise I see no reason to change it out.

They could however invest in a Kraken racer somewhere else in the park, the rides are very different, and there is certainly place for both rides in the same park. Is there a demand for it though? I can't say, never been to the park.

If they'd keep it and make something else, they should put in a hydromagnetic mammoth or something like that. The only disadvantage is that it would cost a lot and take up a lot of room

http://www.proslide.com/ride/hydromagnetic-mammoth/

• 2 weeks later...

Well theme parks have done that before...

But really, the Super 8 is way to small for an escalator... maybe the Mach 5 though...

What theme parks (if any) have put in escalators, can you post links of pictures for proof? I know that some day, water parks will have elevators to the top of tall water slides.

Onto the main topic, an upgrade would be nice.

Edited by StuckInAustralia

When I went to dubai this year I went to Aquaventure (Waterpark owned by Atlantis) and it was fantastic. You get a tube from the lazy river and go on conveyer belts up to the slides, it creates no lines whatsoever. They have an action lazy river also that surrounds the entire park - incredibly fun. So yes, they have been done before and they are bloody good.

Not really, a conveyor belt would have you sitting in a raft carrying you to the top.

An escalator was a purley tongue in cheek suggestion, given it is unsafe to use an escalator with bare feet anyway.

And Super 8 doesn't have you sitting in rafts like at Aquaventure, the proslide rockets etc.

Edited by Gazza