Dreamworld wins top Queensland tourism award

Reanimated35

How?

Did they not stop down the road at Movieworld?!

Dreamworld won the gold medal in the prestigious major tourist attraction category announced at the annual awards dinner, held at Brisbane's Royal International Convention Centre last night.

The win is a major boost for the park ahead of the busy summer holiday period and comes after a year in which Dreamworld hosted record crowds during the Big Brother reality television show's eviction parties.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/gold-coast-theme-park-dreamworld-wins-top-queensland-tourism-award/story-fnj94idh-1226766393275

as bad as what Dreamworld seems to most people it is still held in high regards by a lot of people. I was at movie world today and it was pretty quiet. left at about 2:30 and when I went past Dreamworld the car park was overflowing with people parked on the grass. it was the same last weekend. as much as enthusiasts want a b&m or whatever roller coaster that Dreamworld could never afford it seems the public like what they have.

It's not about them needing a B&M as the realists know that's never happening. It needs to keep the whole park open all day and get some management that actually likes theme parks.

Agreed Ardent have no right to be in the theme park business. but its not necessarily ardent winning the prize as it is for what Dreamworld had before they come along and started wrecking the place. having the tigers and other animals plus a good line up of rides is why they won. on a side note without saying what I know I'm confident Dreamworld might finally start heading in the right direction by the end of next year.

Agreed ^ Having visit dreamworld recently after many years I was expecting alot worse given the hype I've read on this forum. My expectations were exceeded, Dreamworld has a wide range of attractions, animals, events, a high level of clealiness and detail inside shops and rides, and very friendly staff. Well done Dreamworld.

Edited by buzzkill13

Agreed Ardent have no right to be in the theme park business

Almost their entire portfolio is entertainment businesses! Theme parks are right up their alley, we (theme park enthusiasts) just don't agree with some of their strategic direction & operating procedures. The regular theme park attendee has no problem with DW, which is probably why they win tourism awards!! They serve the 90%, not the 10% who come on forums and nit pick every aspect of their operation - whether the nit picking is warranted or not.