Dreamworld Buzzsaw Weight/Size Limit?

Pavlov

Hey all

I want to ride the Buzzsaw at Dreamworld but am mortified at the thought of being rejected by the ride operators due to my size. I am 178cm tall, weigh 130kg and carry most of my weight on my stomach. I visited Dreamworld recently and successfully rode the Tower of Terror II but the restraint almost didn't fit. The difficulty was with clicking the belt that goes between the legs into the over shoulder harness. The operator was able to buckle the belt using a bit of force.

I see the Buzzsaw uses a lap bar style restraint but I don't know if this will be a help or a hindrance. I am also interested to know if anyone else my size has been on the other Dreamworld thrill rides with success.

If I was to be rejected from a ride I would not complain at all. I know I am fat. I am on a diet and embarking on an exercise regime so I hope this issue will be remedied in the future.

Thanks for your help guys :)

It's very hard to say. The lap bar literally swings over u from one side to the other as opposed to towards you from in front. This 'could' make it easier, but then again depending on your weight distribution when sitting could also hamper the ability for it to lock in the required amount. Keeping in mind some rides need to 'click' in more than one level, not just the first click, to be able to be launched I'd advise calling the park and seeing if their is a weight limit for the ride first & foremost, and if not or you are within that limit, maybe arrive at the park early so u are amongst the first few riders so if u cannot ride u won't be having to get off/ejected in front of a packed queue house, which by the way shouldn't be seen as embarrassing or mortifying. I've seen in happen before, commonly in Scooby, as their is a max total weight for the carriage, and as I mentioned earlier, a required number of 'click in' levels before the operator can launch the ride

It's very hard to say. The lap bar literally swings over u from one side to the other as opposed to towards you from in front. This 'could' make it easier, but then again depending on your weight distribution when sitting could also hamper the ability for it to lock in the required amount. Keeping in mind some rides need to 'click' in more than one level, not just the first click, to be able to be launched I'd advise calling the park and seeing if their is a weight limit for the ride first & foremost, and if not or you are within that limit, maybe arrive at the park early so u are amongst the first few riders so if u cannot ride u won't be having to get off/ejected in front of a packed queue house, which by the way shouldn't be seen as embarrassing or mortifying. I've seen in happen before, commonly in Scooby, as their is a max total weight for the carriage, and as I mentioned earlier, a required number of 'click in' levels before the operator can launch the ride

Thanks for the info :)

I might just wait until my weight is under control, that way I can be certain my day won't be ruined :)

Out of curiosity do the rides refuse to launch if restraints aren't 'clicked in' enough or is it that the operator refuses to launch the ride.

I'm no ride tech but I would assume a max weight capacity limit or a restraint locking requirement would be an automated function that overrides operator control. I know that is a case of Scooby. There is red light on the operator terminal that turns off when all 4 riders have their lap bars sufficiently engaged and the total weight of the car is within allowable range. The operator cannot launch the car until the light goes off.

It is never a ride-op's decision in that regard. The manufacturer imposes restrictions and requirements on 'launch-enable' that are programmed into the ride's computer system. If these restrictions are exceeded or requirements not met, the op doesn't get the correct 'light' on their panel, and any attempt to dispatch the ride whilst not meeting those requirements just simply won't work.

I took trip to Sea World in San Diego recently (I also saw some in SFMM) where there were TV screens in the station house facing the loaders, giving a visual Red Green light for EACH and EVERY harness. If one wasn't locked in to the required degree, the loaders knew exactly who needed fitting.

Ops will try their very best to fit you in, which may sometimes result in some discomfort as they give your harness a little shove. BuzzSaw is very forgiving in that area. I have family members that carry most weight in the stomach and behind, and are able to load fairly easily.

I've ridden BuzzSaw at 120KG and i'm 6 foot, so I don't imagine size wise theres much difference in the extra 10kg.

If you're fairly 'moveable' in the stomach, try lifting it a little. The harness needs to lock over your hips so if your stomach comes over the top of that it won't matter. I should add, i've never had a problem loading into BuzzSaw (as a matter of fact never had a problem loading into anything except Eureka Mine Ride), so BuzzSaw should be fine.

I weight approx 132kg. Have had a little trouble on Scooby, but someone pushing the harness in a little soon fixed that. I have only ever not been able to ride one ride... Sea Viper... And while someone before mentioned that having to get off for safety reasons is fine, and I agree, it does hurt a little... In saying that though, it did push me to get back on the weight loss train even though it was my shoulders stopping the harness not my girth.

Hey guys

Made it onto The Buzzsaw today :) I explained my situation to the ride attendant beforehand and he suggested the middle two seats in the second section of the coaster. I had no problems whatsoever. Great ride by the way! Thought I might also try the test seat for The Claw as well. No such luck with that one. I've lost 2.5kg and 3cm off my waist in my first week of dieting though so it shouldn't take too long :)