Wet and Wild Sydney opening hours

fred

Hi There,

Wet and Wild Sydney has posted their opening hours up their site

http://wetnwildsydney.com.au/plan-my-day.aspx#!opening-hours

Great that they are opening at night December and January ,

But what a joke it is that they not opening in the weekdays in March or April except for School holidays...

As a season pass holder I am not happy that we were not told this before buying .

What do you guys think ???

Fred

I think those hours are all over the shop. Surprised about the lack of weekday trade (not even 10-4, really?) and the extremely late hours. For a company that won't run full theme parks after 5, it seems odd to me to see them run a water park with not much nighttime entertainment till 11pm. Also, that 10am till 2pm thing must be a mistake surely?

^^The 10-2 doesn't make much sense, unless they have hard-ticket upcharge events planned for Christmas/New Year's Eve nights. Surprised Boxing Day is only 10-5. At least they have longer hours during peak periods, something the Gold Coast parks still haven't figured out.

Edited by aaronm

I'm perplex at the hours at how they came up with different time frames for the days weeks and months leading up to April, how they came about's putting those hours in the calendar like that months in advance, do they already know the weather forecast(Dec-April) in advance or have they predicted total consumers for the 5 months of operational?

post-29368-0-18621300-1385365102_thumb.j post-29368-0-78570300-1385365421_thumb.j post-29368-0-44550900-1385365874_thumb.jpost-29368-0-51222700-1385365965_thumb.jpost-29368-0-76312700-1385366086_thumb.j

But i suppose with the Operating dates and hours subject to change without notice the tables are just an example of what we will be expecting through out the season from today.

10am till 2pm thing must be a mistake surely?

I can only assume that they are going to run an afternoon/night event...But even then, closing at 2 is a bit early?

24/12...Christmas Party?

31/12...That NYE Event that is already being promoted.

28/02... Mardi Gras Pool Party?

As for the long hours in the lead up to Christmas...Perhaps they are expecting massive demand in that first month of operation?

Maybe it's supposed to be 2am? I think Gazza is spot on about the 11pm closing leading up to Xmas. I agree that after Xmas is surely when late closings need to happen, but given how excessive 11pm is I think 8pm is probably fine. As for how they came up with the operating calendar; it looks almost identical to operating hours that US water parks employ.

I think if the target demographic is locals, then December is the better late night trade - as most people don't go away until AFTER christmas. January is the time most families etc go away, and who wants to holiday in Eastern Creek? I think thats more the point of the January trading hours.

That said they'll probably adjust as demand appears.

I will say though - that Fred (like many other passholders) will be getting very upset right now, about a product they purchased in advance, sight unseen, after accepting all the terms and conditions.

It's like buying an apartment in a high-rise 'off the plan' before ground has even been broken. You do so at your own risk - you've agreed to the terms and conditions, knowing full well that:

a) the park was a seasonal park and would fluctuate it's operating schedule from year to year

B) like ANY park, operating hours (and attraction operating hours inside the park) are subject to change without notice.

Potentially, if you're unhappy with this Fred, you can seek a refund for item not as described, and at this stage, they'd probably give it to you. But no doubt, you will choose to accept these terms and hours, and continue to use the pass, in which case you probably aren't THAT unhappy about Western Sydney finally having a source of entertainment for 6 months of the year.

Enjoy the park Fred.