if river rapids were replaced what would you like to see go in

lolman123

??? I don't even see that as a feasible option. Replacing the ride would require so much site preparation that it would make it a unprofitable activity. Clearing the land and in-filling the channels alone would cost a fortune. Not to mention the ride snakes it way through goldrush which would make site works incredibly hard. It would be infinitely cheaper to re-fresh the ride with new theming, tyres and water systems. I think you could safely say that the land currently being utilised for the rapids would be amongst the least likely to be redeveloped in the case of them closing the rapids, which in itself is incredibly unlikely in the foreseeable future.

^My thoughts.

-Still one of the most/the most popular ride in the park.

-Relatively simple to keep going...The channel would have a long life span, so they can keep replacing the belt, pumps and rafts as necessary.

-Doesn't really free up a meaningful amount of space...It's a narrow snaking channel that encircles the area, unless you literally razed all of gold rush...But then again, why not just build above the reservior?

why?

Explained that in my original post but i was accidentally deleted. The cost of leveling out the area would be cost prohibitive. Filling in all the channels, leveling the land, your talking about spending more on site prep than the ride that would replace it. If they were looking at opportunities around the area they could do a complete re-theme, new tyres & add more water effects for a fraction it would cost. Just as the mine ride has sat idle since being closed, so too would the rapids if they were to be closed (though I see no reason why they would be closed).

The rapids are a very popular family ride with very few restrictions on who can ride, and unlike most rides at the park actually has a decent capacity. Definitely looking a little tired though. For the money the park put into Kevil Hill they could have done a decent retheme/upgrade of the ride and freshened it up quite a bit.

Given thunder river rapids is also a 'river rapids'... not to mention that your avatar is Dreamworld's logo... its perfectly understandable that nobody would have any clue that you meant WetNWild... for one, last time i checked it was called 'Whitewater Mountain', (i know they re-did the slides quite a while back but I don't recall a name change) but at some point unbeknownst to me, they now call those slides 'river rapids'

http://wetnwild.com.au/attractions/rides/river-rapids.aspx

Last I checked, weren't those slides green and not blue???

It's been a while since I visited WnW so I am quite likely wrong.

^The original set of slides were blue and known as White Water Mountain (and all open IIRC). They replaced them with green ones (2 open + 2 enclosed) in 2007, when the name change took place.

Since they only replaced them in 2007, I doubt we'd see them replaced anytime soon. However, a high-capacity master blaster attraction (by way of multiple slides, or large rafts) would be on my wish list for things at WNW in the near future.

As far as I was aware the slides were always known as the river rapids, and white water mountain was the collective name for the rapids and terror canyon combined. Just like mammoth mountain is made up of the two mammoth rivers and previously mammoth falls. As well as tr Mach 5 which is made up of the two sidewinders and the jet streams.

Edited by rac2703